Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Returning to UK ToR expired

Returning to UK ToR expired

Old Apr 23rd 2021, 12:08 pm
Just Joined

mike_leaving_the_uk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Returning to UK ToR expired

I moved back 3 years ago, for various reasons most of my belongings remained in Australia until now - they are due to be shipped next week. Though (due to doing it in a rush I realise my ToR is no longer valid HMRC Confirm) However they do state

"I’m afraid that TOR relief is only valid for 12 months so these items won’t be covered by TOR. I would recommend visiting the .gov website for more information on other forms of relief or way to pay less/no VAT on your items. Alternatively you could calls the National Helpline on 0300 200 3700."

Does anyone have any pointers as to what might be the "Other Forms of Relief" they are hinting at here? For info a chunk of the goods were actually shipped out to Aus back in 2012 when I emigrated, the rest is mostly now over 5 years old, with a resonable amount being of no real value over sentimental.