Returning to UK with Dog

Old May 4th 2008, 6:04 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Returning to UK with Dog

Originally Posted by JAMZ
Although we haven't finished everything. The vet still has to sign all the papers and that won't happen until I'm leaving. However, I believe it is the 3rd country certificate. I have a friend who travels back and forth to Switzerland and she has the pet passport, but I don't believe you can get one for the UK. I might be wrong though.
Thanks for answering the reason i asked was because i have just done this, for my 3 cats in Canada. It maybe different in the US, but the rabies injection here is only valid for 1 yr, according to my vets and i had to get the certificate stamped and signed by the CIFA not the vet.
Old May 4th 2008, 6:33 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

We had our dog done nearly a year ago but still havent left Aus yet. Do we have to get the rabies jabs done again? Or is there anyhting else we need to do to keep her fit to travel at short notice? I would die if after all this time she had to stay behind again.
Old May 4th 2008, 6:39 am
Forum Regular

JAMZ is a name known to allJAMZ is a name known to allJAMZ is a name known to allJAMZ is a name known to allJAMZ is a name known to allJAMZ is a name known to allJAMZ is a name known to allJAMZ is a name known to allJAMZ is a name known to allJAMZ is a name known to allJAMZ is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
We had our dog done nearly a year ago but still havent left Aus yet. Do we have to get the rabies jabs done again? Or is there anyhting else we need to do to keep her fit to travel at short notice? I would die if after all this time she had to stay behind again.
Yes you have to keep the rabies shot up to date - every year or two depending on the type your vet gives. But you don't need to have the test done again as long as the rabies doesn't expire. Hope that makes sense. I think I am gonna keep all vaccinations up to date just in case.
Old May 4th 2008, 6:43 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
To be honest i dont know, if the vaccines are the same in each country. I had my cats done in March 07 in the Uk, my vet said then that, that vaccine would last 3 yrs . But that was'nt good enough for defra, they had to be done here in Canada again to return to the Uk. Best to check with Defra and your vets...to be sure.
Old May 4th 2008, 7:09 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sans
To be honest i dont know, if the vaccines are the same in each country. I had my cats done in March 07 in the Uk, my vet said then that, that vaccine would last 3 yrs . But that was'nt good enough for defra, they had to be done here in Canada again to return to the Uk. Best to check with Defra and your vets...to be sure.
Yes thanks, i will phone tomorrow. I had forgotten about it until i read this thread
Old May 4th 2008, 7:14 am
Forum Regular

JAMZ is a name known to allJAMZ is a name known to allJAMZ is a name known to allJAMZ is a name known to allJAMZ is a name known to allJAMZ is a name known to allJAMZ is a name known to allJAMZ is a name known to allJAMZ is a name known to allJAMZ is a name known to allJAMZ is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sans
I'll check too with my vet. Thanks!