Returning to UK with Dog

Old Apr 30th 2008, 11:59 pm
Forum Regular

JAMZ is a name known to allJAMZ is a name known to allJAMZ is a name known to allJAMZ is a name known to allJAMZ is a name known to allJAMZ is a name known to allJAMZ is a name known to allJAMZ is a name known to allJAMZ is a name known to allJAMZ is a name known to allJAMZ is a name known to all
Default Returning to UK with Dog

Has anyone actually returned with a pet. I am looking to take my beloved family dog back with us and although I have researched the Pets Travel Scheme and have already done all that they require this end, I am very nervous about it. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Old May 1st 2008, 2:07 am
Just Joined

Pipple is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Returning to UK with Dog

Hi there

I will pop DEFRAS (UK Government department) fact sheet URL on for you to click on, so you get it straight from the 'horses mouth' as it were. I hope it helps you bring your darling pooch home.

http://http://www.defra.gov.uk/anima...et4_050907.pdf
Old May 1st 2008, 11:05 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Returning to UK with Dog

Originally Posted by JAMZ
Has anyone actually returned with a pet. I am looking to take my beloved family dog back with us and although I have researched the Pets Travel Scheme and have already done all that they require this end, I am very nervous about it. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Hi Jamz I can't read my pm till I posted 3 times
Did the link work?
Old May 1st 2008, 11:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

tillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to behold

I just tried the link and it wont come up!
Old May 2nd 2008, 12:12 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by tillysmum
I just tried the link and it wont come up!
DOH!!!! Sorry too many https, forgot to wipe the one off thats always on the link. Will do it now.
Old May 2nd 2008, 12:26 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pipple
Hi there

I will pop DEFRAS (UK Government department) fact sheet URL on for you to click on, so you get it straight from the 'horses mouth' as it were. I hope it helps you bring your darling pooch home.

hope this one works
http://www.defra.gov.uk/animalh/quar.../factsheet.htm

I can't get it to link to the factsheet direct like I thought, but it's factsheet 4
Sorry about that.
Old May 2nd 2008, 12:41 am
Wishing on a star...

cherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud of

I am taking my dog back from Oz to UK, we have had to have him microchipped, and a rabies vaccine. Then 30 days later he has to have a blood test to check vaccine worked. Then he can fly 6 months from that date. He has to have tapeworm and tick treatment just before he goes.
Old May 2nd 2008, 12:53 am
Just Joined

Hi there

IGNORE THIS LINK PLEASE IT DOESN'T WORK Sorry!
Old May 2nd 2008, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

JAMZ is a name known to allJAMZ is a name known to allJAMZ is a name known to allJAMZ is a name known to allJAMZ is a name known to allJAMZ is a name known to allJAMZ is a name known to allJAMZ is a name known to allJAMZ is a name known to allJAMZ is a name known to allJAMZ is a name known to all

Originally Posted by cherry6
I am taking my dog back from Oz to UK, we have had to have him microchipped, and a rabies vaccine. Then 30 days later he has to have a blood test to check vaccine worked. Then he can fly 6 months from that date. He has to have tapeworm and tick treatment just before he goes.
yeah, I have done the same although I started the whole thing off a year and a half ago - microchipped, rabies shot, blood test so I am hoping it won't matter that it has been more than 6 months. Still the big worry is the flight and getting her through costumes. Although I am following the instructions I keep thinking something will happen when we arrive at Heathrow and they won't let me keep her. Don't ask me why, I just don't feel confident. I was also hoping someone might put my mind at rest about the long flight. I worry so much about her being stuck in a crate for 12+ hours!
Old May 2nd 2008, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

IGNORE THIS LINK PLEASE IT DOESN'T WORK Sorry!
Sorry I should have replied earlier. I actually have been on the DEFRA website and followed the info. We have had her micro chipped, rabies shot, blood test, etc. I just was wondering if there would any problems when I arrive in the UK at Customs. I always think that even though you follow the rules they still get you on something. Also wondered if anyone had done the long flight with a dog or cat. I hate the thought of her in the crate for so long.
Old May 2nd 2008, 7:45 pm
Just Joined

Hello Jamz

I had the same worries as you going out, and when we collected them they were happy to see us, and none the worse for wear and dying to go.. which one of them did in the airport . They probably slept the whole time anyway. They were in their crates for about 9 hours I think, or laughing about us worrying the whole trip.

We thought they would supply the water as they are not allowed food on the flight, so one of the check in ladies scrounge a couple of bowels and the guy who looks after the animals had a couple of bunny type bottles that he sold us and attached to the wire on the door. This is something we weren't told about and they nearly weren't allowed on the plane.

I didn't get to find out what it's like to bring them back to the UK and face our people as they were stolen, which was one of the main reasons for coming home. So I can't help anyone there, sorry.
Old May 2nd 2008, 10:41 pm
Feels great to be home!

SarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond repute

I started the whole thing off a year and a half ago - microchipped, rabies shot, blood test so I am hoping it won't matter that it has been more than 6 months.
I specifically asked DEFRA about this because my dogs got the blood titer test done back in 2006. I was told that as long as the rabies vaccination has been kept up to date, it doesn't need to be done again.

Sarah
Old May 3rd 2008, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SarahInTX
I specifically asked DEFRA about this because my dogs got the blood titer test done back in 2006. I was told that as long as the rabies vaccination has been kept up to date, it doesn't need to be done again.

Sarah
Good to know. Thanks
Old May 4th 2008, 5:39 am
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, I have done the same although I started the whole thing off a year and a half ago - microchipped, rabies shot, blood test so I am hoping it won't matter that it has been more than 6 months. Still the big worry is the flight and getting her through costumes. Although I am following the instructions I keep thinking something will happen when we arrive at Heathrow and they won't let me keep her. Don't ask me why, I just don't feel confident. I was also hoping someone might put my mind at rest about the long flight. I worry so much about her being stuck in a crate for 12+ hours!
Hi can i just ask you if you have the 3rd country cert ??? Or the pet passport..........
Old May 4th 2008, 5:52 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sans
Hi can i just ask you if you have the 3rd country cert ??? Or the pet passport..........
Although we haven't finished everything. The vet still has to sign all the papers and that won't happen until I'm leaving. However, I believe it is the 3rd country certificate. I have a friend who travels back and forth to Switzerland and she has the pet passport, but I don't believe you can get one for the UK. I might be wrong though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.