Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Returning to UK, but working for my NZ employer

Returning to UK, but working for my NZ employer

Old Jul 2nd 2019, 6:45 am
Forum Regular

darbydoo has much to be proud ofdarbydoo has much to be proud ofdarbydoo has much to be proud ofdarbydoo has much to be proud ofdarbydoo has much to be proud ofdarbydoo has much to be proud ofdarbydoo has much to be proud ofdarbydoo has much to be proud ofdarbydoo has much to be proud ofdarbydoo has much to be proud ofdarbydoo has much to be proud of
Post Returning to UK, but working for my NZ employer

Hi there. I am moving back to the UK in just over a month, but will be working remotely for a couple of months thereafter for my NZ employer.

Based on not having been in NZ for the minimum 183 days of this tax year, I think I will be a UK tax resident.

My employer is going to keep me on my normal employment terms for now, and keep paying into my NZ bank account.

Can anyone advise me of my tax obligations in NZ or the UK? The IRD website is pretty confusing, and don't get me started on the HMRC one!