Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Returning to UK after 2 years in Canada - some questions

Returning to UK after 2 years in Canada - some questions

Old Oct 7th 2008, 2:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud of
Default Returning to UK after 2 years in Canada - some questions

Going back to the uk with kids I am concerned about how easy people found it to register with a GP again?

Also schooling - 2 years out of uk education system- will there be problems returning to UK schools - did you find you got the schools of your choice - were you applying mid-year- how did your kids re-integrate?

My eldest will be 12/13 my other 2 will be 6 and 8/9 so not so worried about those two.

Would we be eligible to apply for scholarships to independant senior schools for my eldest?

Basically anyone gone back with kids - what were your experiences? Thanks
Old Oct 7th 2008, 2:59 pm
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Returning to UK after 2 years in Canada - some questions

Originally Posted by Bsidebaby
Going back to the uk with kids I am concerned about how easy people found it to register with a GP again?

Also schooling - 2 years out of uk education system- will there be problems returning to UK schools - did you find you got the schools of your choice - were you applying mid-year- how did your kids re-integrate?

My eldest will be 12/13 my other 2 will be 6 and 8/9 so not so worried about those two.

Would we be eligible to apply for scholarships to independant senior schools for my eldest?

Basically anyone gone back with kids - what were your experiences? Thanks

Would you not get your citizenship? You never know how you'll feel down the road.

I had no aggro at all about registering with new GP. Just didnt mention i was away. Moving to a new area you change them anyway. They werent half as good as the one on Lonsdale in North Van i have to say.

Best of luck to you.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 3:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud of

yeah we will prob wait till after next November when we get citizenship before actually returning but now we have made the decision to return i just want it to hurry up!
Old Oct 7th 2008, 4:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bsidebaby
yeah we will prob wait till after next November when we get citizenship before actually returning but now we have made the decision to return i just want it to hurry up!
I know what you mean once you make the decision you just want to get the first plane out and I know there were days I just wanted to go to sleep and wake up when it was time to leave. But at least you'll be able to plan things properly in the time you have. (Just remember that once you apply for Citizenship it can take up to 12 months to process.)