Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Returning with new born Daughter - no time to get her a visa or or UK passport...

Returning with new born Daughter - no time to get her a visa or or UK passport...

Old Feb 14th 2009, 2:29 pm
CPW
BE Enthusiast

CPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond reputeCPW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Returning with new born Daughter - no time to get her a visa or or UK passport...

Originally Posted by aasmith1957
hi i have a question,both myself and husband going back to uk perm hopefully this year have dual citizenship (au uk) .which passport do we use.i think a uk one as not going back to au but not sure ,could always go out on au one,pop over to paris and come back on uk one? any help please.
Use your British passport to check in. (The airline is interested to know that you are admissible at the other end and the British passport will show that, especially if you don't have a return ticket.)

Use your Australian passport to go through exit passport control in Australia, and fill in the departure card as an Australian citizen. (Australian citizens must enter and leave Australia using an Australian passport in any case, whatever passport they may use elsewhere.)

Show your British passport as you board the plane (if you need to show a passport at this point: sometimes you do, sometimes you don't).

Use your British passport to enter the UK.

There is no problem with doing this: hundreds of people with dual citizenship do it daily and it is perfectly legitimate. if in doubt, think about the reason that the person at each step of the way is looking at your passport.
Old Feb 14th 2009, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

Kathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to all
Default Re: Returning with new born Daughter - no time to get her a visa or or UK passport...

Originally Posted by adele
Hi Kathryn

Just curious - does it feel good to be back in Huddersfield? What were your reasons for leaving Aus? I've just left Huddersfield for Vancouver so am interested to hear how you are finding life 'in the Hudd' after a few years away?

All the best

Adele
Hi Adele

"How does it feel to be back in Huddersfield?" - not sure really. We have been back for almost a year now and neither my husband nor myself are sure about our move back. It really hasn't helped with the current economic situation and all the doom and gloom. My husband started a business, which really didn't stand a chance and since October he has been job hunting. Maybe once he gets a job (with a lot of luck) things will settle down for us.

We left Huddersfield for a sunnier, more relaxed Australian life, because of ill health.

We returned, because we felt it was time to come back and missed family and friends.

However, you realise that there is a different way of living and you are torn between the two places. I do not know what will happen in the long run, but we have given it a go and we have the option to return, if we so decide. We have, however, decided to give ourselves 2 years back in the UK, just as we decided to give Australia 2 years.

My advice would be go for it and make the most of your new life, for as long as that may last.

Good luck and enjoy.

Kathryn
Old Feb 15th 2009, 12:31 am
BE Enthusiast

aasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud of

thanks so much cpw and others for your help.just in process of applying for british passport.just got to sell the house and we are sorted.