Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Returning to a different part of the country

Returning to a different part of the country

Old Aug 13th 2013, 5:28 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute
Default Returning to a different part of the country

For the folks over 65 or who are retired that have been away from mainland UK (Scotland, England, Wales) for more than 25 years++ that have returned or who are contemplating a return it would seem to me that familiar place you lived in or grew up in prior to leaving may not be the same place that you want to return to?

In our case, having been away 46 years, to my way of thinking it wouldn't matter which part of the UK we returned to settle, that safety, easy access to services, countryside/cityscapes location of choice that we could afford and of course the cost of living within our income as being the criteria.

Since we have no relatives or friends in the UK we were thinking why not Ireland (Eire) since it is a common travel area for Brits as well as it being in the EU.

Are there any retired Brits (Scots, English or Welsh) on here that have returned from being away for a long period moved to Ireland (Eire) and I don't mean Northern Ireland that could share their experience or who may want to provide input or discuss?

Last edited by not2old; Aug 13th 2013 at 6:02 pm.