Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Return to the UK in over a month.

Return to the UK in over a month.

Old Jul 22nd 2012, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

Back2UK has a spectacular aura aboutBack2UK has a spectacular aura aboutBack2UK has a spectacular aura about
Default Return to the UK in over a month.

Hi Everyone

Everyone thinks we are returning at the end of October but unknown to them, we will be surprising them all in August. I even had to tell a white lie to my parents this morning saying its October and they are soooo excited that we will be home soon.

We have sold our house, cars and some of our contents. We have our furniture in the UK in storage waiting for our return. The dog has had her 1st visit to the vet and the final visit is on 27th Aug. We are currently obtaining dental and medical records.

I have even brought a car from a friends garage as Mrs Smith and he has no idea its me so he's going to be gobsmacked when I pick up the car.

It will be so good to see their faces, my Canadian friends are sworn to silence on facebook. lol

I hope they all take the shock well.
Old Jul 22nd 2012, 7:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

NiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Return to the UK in over a month.

What a fun surprise!
Old Jul 22nd 2012, 7:32 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Brilliant.
But you know you'll get home to find they all went on holiday to Spain and no ones there!
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 12:12 am
Forum Regular

Back2UK has a spectacular aura aboutBack2UK has a spectacular aura aboutBack2UK has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
Brilliant.
But you know you'll get home to find they all went on holiday to Spain and no ones there!
Now that would be funny, the last laugh would be on me. lol.
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 12:13 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by NiHao
What a fun surprise!
Yes I think it will.
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 12:13 am
is finally happy

Tel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to behold

Oooh! Congrats! That's so exciting!!!
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 12:14 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tel8
Oooh! Congrats! That's so exciting!!!
Thank you Tel8. Yes I am so excited for me and them.
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 3:07 am
Back home at last!

Pombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud ofPombat has much to be proud of

How exciting! Good luck keeping the secret....!
Old Jul 24th 2012, 2:54 am
Just Joined

ENGLAND-CANADA is an unknown quantity at this point

You didn't like living in Canada ?
Old Jul 24th 2012, 3:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ENGLAND-CANADA
You didn't like living in Canada ?
No not at all, I do have a justified reason for leaving.
Old Jul 24th 2012, 4:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Brigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud of

Fantastic! What a pleasant surprise... so exciting. Best of luck with the move
Old Aug 13th 2012, 2:04 pm
BE Reader for years!

BritinFLUSA is just really niceBritinFLUSA is just really niceBritinFLUSA is just really niceBritinFLUSA is just really niceBritinFLUSA is just really niceBritinFLUSA is just really niceBritinFLUSA is just really niceBritinFLUSA is just really nice

I love the idea of the surprise! :-) Perhaps that is something I should do in the coming years...
Old Aug 13th 2012, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritinFLUSA
I love the idea of the surprise! :-) Perhaps that is something I should do in the coming years...
Yep and they still have no idea and I am loving every minute of it knowing that I am going to make everyone's day.

Good luck with your move.
Old Aug 13th 2012, 3:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond reputeMrMuffin has a reputation beyond repute

All the best to you. Sounds like a brilliant way to go home. Glad for you it is so close! Congratulations!!
Old Aug 13th 2012, 3:06 pm
BE Reader for years!

BritinFLUSA is just really niceBritinFLUSA is just really niceBritinFLUSA is just really niceBritinFLUSA is just really niceBritinFLUSA is just really niceBritinFLUSA is just really niceBritinFLUSA is just really niceBritinFLUSA is just really nice

Originally Posted by Back2UK
Good luck with your move.
You too! Mine won't be for some years yet - I was hoping 5 years or so, but might have to be longer thanks to those wonderful new requirements by the UKBA for foreign spouses. *Grumble*

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.