Reload this Page >

Return to UK from Egypt Homeless...in real trouble

Return to UK from Egypt Homeless...in real trouble

Old Sep 12th 2012, 8:28 pm
Just Joined

tanyajazmin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Return to UK from Egypt Homeless...in real trouble

Long story....

I am down to my last penies till me and my 4 year !

I have two urgent urgent requests.

If I dont secure any more work i will be kicked out of our flat here...we have saved enough to cover rent until our flights..but no more cash to change in an emergency!.......what can I do? (I have nobody now in the UK)

I will be homeless....and no friends or family to help us

I am worried out of my wits!!!
Old Sep 12th 2012, 9:30 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Return to UK from Egypt Homeless...in real trouble

Have a good look through this thread. There's some good stuff there.

You might want to complete that sentence and give a bit more information about family/friends in the UK, even if they can't offer any help. Would you be near them for example?
Old Sep 12th 2012, 9:43 pm
Just Joined

Thank you.

I have been trying for a few years to keep the ties....when i asked for a place to stay, they told me No.

I have found that the airport have a facility for this....although you have to pass a test.change

I will keep searching for help....just maybe my family will change their minds!!??
Old Sep 12th 2012, 9:51 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tanyajazmin
I have found that the airport have a facility for this....although you have to pass a test.change
Looks like you found the great resource I was thinking of

Have a look around this site for things about Habitual Residence Test too.
Old Sep 13th 2012, 6:45 am
Just Joined

Just wish I didnt have to go through all this stress!!

If I had my way, I wouldnt return to the UK....nothing to return to....but I have to renew my daughter's passport in June.

I love so much being overseas....financially there is little work to support me and my daughter, and I dont want to be homeless and go through the red tape and procedures in the UK....and all the questions....I am not a sponger....but circumstamces are making me return. I worked all my life in the UK, and I am still filing my tax returns and paying contributions...I am self employed.....if there was a way to sort everything from here and stay in the UK for a week, I would do it!

I left to start a fresh new life away from the hassles and weather...btw..I have expenerienced more life in Egypt in 3 years than my entire life in the UK, by the skin of my teeth I have struggled to survive without the UK....

Does anybody know of anywhere we can go short term without registering as homeless....basically I will fly to London...with no place to go....maybe I can go about searching for a spare room? Maybe I am clutching at straws, but I dont want to rent a flat...I dont want to stay in the UK.....actually I am scared to live there....I dont know about anyone else....but in Egypt we are alone..but so very happy..and the UK is even more lonely without friends and family.

I suppose things happen for a reason? Being in Egypt is problematic...
Old Sep 13th 2012, 2:40 pm
Oscar nominated

Spare room?

Room Buddies?
Old Sep 13th 2012, 5:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

You are only going back to get a passport? Can't you send off for it?
Old Sep 15th 2012, 4:38 pm
Just Joined

Busymum is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
You are only going back to get a passport? Can't you send off for it?
If you just want to renew your daughters passport you can go to Cairo to do it, you don't need to go back to the UK.
Old Sep 15th 2012, 5:46 pm
Just Joined

Busymum is an unknown quantity at this point

check out the section for expats living in Egypt, here may give you some help or advice!!

Sorry if its against the rules to post websites but i thought it might help!!
Old Sep 19th 2012, 8:55 am
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute

If you want a place to stay short term in the UK try www.airbnb.co.uk. It's people renting out their spare rooms in their houses to tourists or just about anyone else who needs it. Prices are reasonable compared to hotels and I wouldn't imagine you would need to declare yourself as homeless.

Good luck!