removals insurance

Old Apr 3rd 2008, 8:53 pm
I'd rather be fishin' !!!

Kernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud of
Default removals insurance

We are moving back to the UK, hopefully in the next couple of weeks. We need to know if anyone can recommend any insurance companies. We don't want to take out the insurance with the removals people as they are charging 3.5% of the shipment cost.

Thanks.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 9:18 pm
itchy feet again!

Jay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: removals insurance

Originally Posted by Kernow1
We are moving back to the UK, hopefully in the next couple of weeks. We need to know if anyone can recommend any insurance companies. We don't want to take out the insurance with the removals people as they are charging 3.5% of the shipment cost.

Thanks.
I can only quote my experience of when we moved out here a few years ago...but I know others have found things different. We shipped our stuff, in a shared container, using Robinson's in Manchester. They told us that the insurance only covers a "lost load", which means unless the ship goes down you get nothing. In view of this, we didn't bother with insurance.
We are now planning a return to the UK and only today have had a couple of quotes.....both of which have said the same thing...we're only covered if the ship goes down! Hardly seems worth the expense unless you are shipping something of very high value.
Old Apr 3rd 2008, 9:22 pm
I'd rather be fishin' !!!

Kernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud ofKernow1 has much to be proud of

Thanks Oldbag.

We are moving from Oz to the UK and when we came out to Oz, we insured our shipment for damage, loss, etc from the time it was picked up to the time it was delivered. We would like to have similar insurance from Oz to the UK.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 7:21 am
Banned

Old Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Kernow1

Thanks.
3.5% is not bad. Make sure it is door to door.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 8:02 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Have a quote from these folks in Liverpool. I've been told they're very competetive.

http://www.lettonpercival.co.uk/commercial.html
Old Apr 4th 2008, 10:04 pm
Never been to Australia

kevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Have a quote from these folks in Liverpool. I've been told they're very competetive.

http://www.lettonpercival.co.uk/commercial.html
We used these to OZ and back. Didn't need to make a claim so its hard to say but heard good reports and they are a good 30% cheaper.
Kev