Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Recommendations for moving companies?

Recommendations for moving companies?

Old Jan 7th 2011, 2:49 pm
Just Joined

woadgrrl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Recommendations for moving companies?

Hi,

I'm looking for recommendations for moving companies. I've just gotten my visa and am planning a move to the UK from the US -- backwards to most of you, I know, but I thought someone here may have had some experience with this sort of thing.

I'm planning to move, at most, 10-15 small packing boxes of stuff. It's enough that shipping with UPS or similar would be cost-prohibitive, I think, and so far, the moving companies I've contacted are tending to quote for a minimum of 100 cu.ft., which is way more than I need.

Has anyone had experience with a small move like this? Judging from their website, it looks like Upakweship are the only ones who do pricing for smaller lots like mine, but if there are other companies that people have used, I'd feel better getting a second quote. Plus, they haven't gotten back to me yet, which annoys me. : /

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!
Old Jan 7th 2011, 3:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recommendations for moving companies?

It all depends which part of the country you are moving from as a company in one part of the country might not be in another part. We used a branch of Atlas Van Lines from this area to move from the east coast to here and they were very good.
Old Jan 8th 2011, 12:01 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

search through the MBTUK forum?
Old Jan 28th 2011, 1:34 am
Forum Regular

paulward50 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just used upakweship to move over to the US. Very good, had no complaints. Had 8 small/medium sized boxes and they were the cheapest from UK.