really scared

Old Jan 21st 2004, 4:31 pm
new
Just Joined

new is an unknown quantity at this point
Default really scared

I have my AOS interview very soon and im going mad with nerves.
I love my husband sooo much and couldnt live without him. Plus, i just had our daughter a few weeks ago. I shouldnt have to go through this just after having our baby, i love them both soo much, they are all that matters to me. I dont want to be sent back and loose them both. I gave up everything back "home" to come and be here, but truth is, here is home to me, not there, anymore.
Im soo worried, im worried about every tiny detail. I didnt get a visa to come here, a I-94W, wewanted to be together since we were having our baby. My husband says i need to stop worrying. But they mean everything to me.
Old Jan 21st 2004, 4:59 pm
Just Joined

mikehand is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Don't panic

Hi,
I am a Brit, my wife a US citizen, both living in Portland OR. After imagining the spotlight in the face approach, our AOS interview was almost a non-event, so I hope yours is similarly stress free.

My summarized immigration history:
• May2002 filed I-129F Fiancé Petition via Lincoln Nebraska. Advised timescale 70-100 days (think it’s now 150 days), although our approval actually took 120 days.
• Aug-Nov2002 lived in US as a 90 day I-94 visitor for part of wait time.
• Sep2002 I-797 Petition approval received. London Consulate extremely helpful by email and willing to commence visa processing on receipt of my I-797 without waiting for INS Nebraska papers.
• Nov2002 returned London for US Embassy visa interview. Got K-1 visa and flew straight back to US. On entry, 90-day marriage deadline clock started ticking.
• Jan2003 US marriage followed by already prepared Adjustment of Status + Advance Parole + Employment Authorization papers being filed at INS Portland.
• Advance Parole received within weeks (used at Spring Break without problem) and likely 7-9 month timescale advised for approval of remainder.
• Jun2003 surprised by AOS interview notice. We spent over $11 at 6 cents/copy for the heaps of documentation requested for interview, out of which only one sheet (proof of my wife’s employment) was used at interview. I have an 18 year old daughter in London, was asked “have you any other children anywhere in the world?� and was fingerprinted. Temporary travel + work authorisation stamps were entered in my passport. Despite "be prepared for 3 hour visit", our INS Portland interview took less than 20 minutes from start to finish.
• Aug2003 returned from vacation to find green card and employment card in the heap of mail. Mission achieved after 15 months of dedication and frustration! (appreciated that many others wait significantly longer)
• By Jun2005 we have to return and prove we are still married (???)

Best of luck!
Mike
Old Jan 21st 2004, 5:12 pm
Just Joined

littlegirllost is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Don't panic

Thanks mikehand,
At least you got a fiancee visa, we didnt get anything, we just got married. Then to make matter worse, i went home then came back again on an I-94W.
Old Jan 21st 2004, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

21stcenturylove is on a distinguished road
Default Re: really scared

Originally posted by new
I love my husband sooo much and couldnt live without him. Plus, i just had our daughter a few weeks ago. I shouldnt have to go through this just after having our baby, i love them both soo much, they are all that matters to me. I dont want to be sent back and loose them both. I gave up everything back "home" to come and be here, but truth is, here is home to me, not there, anymore. Im soo worried, im worried about every tiny detail. I didnt get a visa to come here, a I-94W, wewanted to be together since we were having our baby. My husband says i need to stop worrying. But they mean everything to me.
I can feel the love you have for your husband and your child and sincerely appreciate it. I hope and pray that your interview goes on well. Situations which are not straight forward like yours are always best approached with the help of an Immigration Attorney. They work day in and day out with cases like these and should be able to advice you the best. Please spend a few days searching for the best one you can get considering your financial situation.
Old Jan 21st 2004, 5:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by new
I love my husband sooo much and couldnt live without him. Plus, i just had our daughter a few weeks ago. I shouldnt have to go through this just after having our baby, i love them both soo much, they are all that matters to me. I dont want to be sent back and loose them both. I gave up everything back "home" to come and be here, but truth is, here is home to me, not there, anymore.
Im soo worried, im worried about every tiny detail. I didnt get a visa to come here, a I-94W, wewanted to be together since we were having our baby. My husband says i need to stop worrying. But they mean everything to me.
Welcome to the this forum, and congratulations with the new born......
Old Jan 21st 2004, 6:06 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by new
It is a pain in the butt, You you have to go thru it, I wish you nothing but the best. If you have any questions regarding AOS, this is the right place to ask!!
CONGRATS on the new born!!
Old Jan 21st 2004, 6:21 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by new

Unlike another poster, I can't feel your love but I can hear your fear.

Consult with an AILA immigration attorney. No one here knows the circumstances of your entry into the US and can't venture a "guess" on whether or not USCIS will see your intent as preconceived or will let you slide even if it clearly is. Let an attorney guide you.

Rete
Old Jan 21st 2004, 8:36 pm
Iad & Sarah

Good luck to you, I hope all will go well and congrats on the new born!!

"littlegirllost" <member16373@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Thanks mikehand,
    > At least you got a fiancee visa, we didnt get anything, we just got
    > married. Then to make matter worse, i went home then came back again
    > on an I-94W.
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Jan 21st 2004, 10:04 pm
Going Insane F*Ing Ins

Hi,

Congrats on your new born. Like yourself I have my AOS in a couple of
weeks. I'm from Ireland and my wife American. We have a baby boy who
is 10 months old. Like you I came over and got married on the visa
waiver and have complications and it will devastate me if I have
problems at my Interview. Like you I'm going out of my mind right now
but saying that we just have to best prepare ourselves as best we can
and hope for the best.

I sincerely wish you the best of luck and I will let you know how I
got on at my AOS on February 4th.

Keep the chin up !!!

Mick & Sam.

Old Jan 22nd 2004, 1:13 am
new
Just Joined

new is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Going Insane F*Ing Ins
Hi,

Congrats on your new born. Like yourself I have my AOS in a couple of
weeks. I'm from Ireland and my wife American. We have a baby boy who
is 10 months old. Like you I came over and got married on the visa
waiver and have complications and it will devastate me if I have
problems at my Interview. Like you I'm going out of my mind right now
but saying that we just have to best prepare ourselves as best we can
and hope for the best.

I sincerely wish you the best of luck and I will let you know how I
got on at my AOS on February 4th.

Thanks going insane, good luck with your interview, and please let me know how your interview goes

Keep the chin up !!!

Mick & Sam.
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 1:51 am
Forum Regular

Alicia&Driss is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by new
Wishing you the best!!!
Congrats on the baby!!