The Real NHS

Old Oct 5th 2012, 3:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

TheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Real NHS

Originally Posted by Pit Bull.
Which hospital are you a nurse in, it will be good for nurses emigrating to avoid.
I can see your point about only needing to avoid the one place. but I feel sure Grayling USED to be a lecturer in Nursing in the UK so he didn't actually say he practiced nursing. So I would imagine he didn't take a retrograde step In Oz and either retired there or teaches there.
Old Oct 5th 2012, 3:49 pm
Banned

Pit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to all

Originally Posted by chris955
Yes, one of many by all accounts.

One of many

He can only work in one hospital.
Old Oct 5th 2012, 3:51 pm
Banned

Pit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to all

Originally Posted by TheArmChairDetective
I can see your point about only needing to avoid the one place. but I feel sure Grayling USED to be a lecturer in Nursing in the UK so he didn't actually say he practiced nursing. So I would imagine he didn't take a retrograde step In Oz and either retired there or teaches there.
No he has to be a nurse, he, or she appears to have first hand knowledge, only actual nurses know how good, or bad it is, a lecturer knows as much about it as a car park attendant.
Old Oct 5th 2012, 3:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

TheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond repute

No he has to be a nurse, he, or she appears to have first hand knowledge, only actual nurses know how good, or bad it is, a lecturer knows as much about it as a car park attendant.
I catch your drift. For that matter then Grayling could be say a 14 year old girl posting via her iphone between school lessons in reykjavik?

Anyway, back on topic.:-)
Old Oct 5th 2012, 4:00 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, careful what you say - there are some pretty smart car park attendants, you know.
Old Oct 5th 2012, 4:02 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

One of many

He can only work in one hospital.
Why ?
Old Oct 5th 2012, 4:04 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by chris955
Why ?

Why?
Old Oct 5th 2012, 4:06 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by dunroving
Hey, careful what you say - there are some pretty smart car park attendants, you know.

If someone said to my wife that they weren't a nurse, but they know exactly what it's like, she would rip his nuts off, only nurses and maybe doctors, know what it's truly like, well not even doctors.
Old Oct 5th 2012, 4:35 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

If someone said to my wife that they weren't a nurse, but they know exactly what it's like, she would rip his nuts off, only nurses and maybe doctors, know what it's truly like, well not even doctors.
I got your point, I just found your statement tangentially amusing because I'm a lecturer.
Old Oct 5th 2012, 5:00 pm
Banned

I got your point, I just found your statement tangentially amusing because I'm a lecturer.

They don't call nurses Angels' for nothing, I couldn't do that job, could you? some of the things my wife has told me, truly awful at times, what do you lecture?

Last edited by Pit Bull.; Oct 5th 2012 at 5:05 pm.
Old Oct 5th 2012, 5:21 pm
Ping-ponger

They don't call nurses Angels' for nothing, I couldn't do that job, could you? some of the things my wife has told me, truly awful at times, what do you lecture?
Statistics. Please don't hate me.

And yes, I agree with you about nurses (and police and fire service) - we just can't pay them enough for the sh*t they have to deal with (often literally)
Old Oct 5th 2012, 5:24 pm
Banned

And yes, I agree with you about nurses (and police and fire service) - we just can't pay them enough for the sh*t they have to deal with (often literally)
Front line service staff are stretched to the limit these days, billions of pounds of cuts aren't going to make things better thats for sure.
Old Oct 5th 2012, 6:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Statistics? Is that the truth or is it Lies, damn Lies and
Old Oct 5th 2012, 6:22 pm
nun
BE Forum Addict

nun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond reputenun has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheArmChairDetective
I disagree, it's a real issue to some or it wouldn't be so prevelant in the media. It is part of the problem as a whole and can't be shoved to one side just because we don't like this newspaper or that news channel.

:
Health tourism is an issue for many people and certain sectors of the UK media, this thread proves it. However, it should not be an issue if we were only considering it's size or cost. It should not be shoved to one side, it should be put in it's correct place in the list of problems the NHS faces....ie close to the bottom.
It's easily solved too by applying residency rules, so why does it continue to be a problem for many people. I can only conclude that they do not understand simple percentages or have an irrational, emotional connection to the problem.

NHS tourism is one of those emotive topics that people can rant about as it conveniently blames the problems they see with the NHS on foreigners, immigrants and people other than themselves. The problems and or successes of the NHS are caused by politicians (and the voters that elect them), funding, allocation of resources, management, staffing and the growth of chronic disease in the population. Blaming minorities for issues for which we are ourselves responsible has a sad history and is often exploited by politicians and their media surrogates.

If you want some good commentary on the NHS and what happens in politics and media across the political spectrum I recommend Private Eye.

http://www.private-eye.co.uk/index.php?

Last edited by nun; Oct 5th 2012 at 6:34 pm.
Old Oct 5th 2012, 6:34 pm
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nun

If you want some good commentary on the NHS and what happens in politics and media across the political spectrum I recommend Private Eye.
Me too. I've had a subscription for over 30 years.
Great stuff about the railways,(which now cost the tax payers about five times as much as when the Government ran it), agriculture and lots more. It was them that started the ball rolling on the phone hacking scandal almost four years ago !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.