Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Racism in the UK.. Experience.

Racism in the UK.. Experience.

Old May 16th 2005, 5:18 pm
Restless soul

Happiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Racism in the UK.. Experience.

Originally Posted by snowbunny
If we got rid of all the men, however tempting that might seem at times, the world's *population* would disappear.

Actually you don't need men to procreate any more thanks to the advancement of science....Fact.
Old May 16th 2005, 5:30 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by samireh
Actually you don't need men to procreate any more thanks to the advancement of science....Fact.
True, and with the oocyte injection technique all the resulting offspring are female, I believe.

Hmmm.
Old May 16th 2005, 6:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

And you don't need them to have an organsm either, thanks to the advancement of vibrators
Old May 16th 2005, 6:59 pm
Life begins...

80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mercedes
And you don't need them to have an organsm either, thanks to the advancement of vibrators
I remember seeing a Q&A column in the Guardian. Ben Kingsley was asked what single thing would improve his life and he replied that noone with a penis should be able to hold high office. I think this might be what you *guys* (oops!) are getting at.

80s chick
Old May 16th 2005, 8:12 pm
Merlot

Thank heavens for Ann Summers and her Rabbit!

M

Old May 16th 2005, 9:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Merlot
Thank heavens for Ann Summers and her Rabbit!

M
I bet Ann told her daughter when she was younger......no dear you can't have a rabbit until you are older.
Old May 16th 2005, 11:02 pm
ImHere

No, but you need us to put the bloody shelves up and read the maps correctly...pft women, I ask you.

Ive worked in an all women (apart from me) environment and it was the most bitchy place ever. I tell you, if you did away with all us men you'd all bitch yourselves into extinction within a year or two.

Last edited by ImHere; May 16th 2005 at 11:04 pm.

Old May 17th 2005, 12:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ImHere
No, but you need us to put the bloody shelves up and read the maps correctly...pft women, I ask you.

Ive worked in an all women (apart from me) environment and it was the most bitchy place ever. I tell you, if you did away with all us men you'd all bitch yourselves into extinction within a year or two.

I work in an all male environment and boy you guys can be bitchy, egotestical, and backstabbing/twofaced load of bastards at times.....

PS I can read maps better than my male business partner, paint the house and not jump on the nearest chair if I see a mouse

Last edited by Mercedes; May 17th 2005 at 12:34 am.
Old May 17th 2005, 1:58 am
ImHere

I work in an all male environment and boy you guys can be bitchy, egotestical, and backstabbing/twofaced load of bastards at times.....
I never said we werent. But at least we are equally bitchy all month as opposed to our bitchiness levels dramatically increasing every four weeks or so.... Actually I seem to recall reading somewhere that if a load of women all live and/or work together they all end up menstruating at the same time....now that would be something worth seeing, the entire female population all going PMS together.

PS I can read maps better than my male business partner, paint the house and not jump on the nearest chair if I see a mouse
Fancy nipping round for a bit? I have some jobs need doing.

Old May 17th 2005, 7:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: California since 1997 now back in UK since July 2004
honeymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride
You mean the Brits bringing their chicken pox to the US?
Well... My kids must be the ones responsible for the head lice in LA then. 1 Week after moving there, I discovered 3 of them had exported UK head lice without quarantine or a pet passport....
Old May 17th 2005, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ImHere
I never said we werent. But at least we are equally bitchy all month as opposed to our bitchiness levels dramatically increasing every four weeks or so.... Actually I seem to recall reading somewhere that if a load of women all live and/or work together they all end up menstruating at the same time....now that would be something worth seeing, the entire female population all going PMS together.

Fancy nipping round for a bit? I have some jobs need doing.
I think that PMS, bitchiness, etc... is a result of menstruating women of today and the issues, lifestyles, modern diet blah blah blah. which we have to deal with. None of these issues even existed in the past, that is why it was never a problem in the long ago past. Like the many other "issues" or myths, we have been "brainwashed" to accept it as "normal" behavior, and our families have been culturally shaped to accept it as "regular behavior" when we behave in ways not gentle, not loving, not caring, not nurturing as we normally can be

In the Second world war women did work together without men for many years, and I don't recall a third world war being set off during that time

Quote Fancy nipping round for a bit? I have some jobs need doing.[/QUOTE]

Why didn't you do them right in the first place?

Old May 17th 2005, 10:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Also have no noticed that all women's problems have men involved somewhere including

MENoplause
MENstruation

No wonder our hormones go up, there's not enough room.

Old May 17th 2005, 12:28 pm
Restless soul

Happiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by snowbunny
True, and with the oocyte injection technique all the resulting offspring are female, I believe.

Hmmm.

Indeed............

I wonder if it was a woman that discovered this one?
Old May 17th 2005, 3:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Indeed............

I wonder if it was a woman that discovered this one?
Pity women were kept back by men for centuries and weren't given the same opportunities as the men, though still is going on...

But some great gals out there and here's some of them.

Science, Women and Discovery

Hypatia - Hypatia of Alexandria was a teacher of mathematics and natural philosophy. She invented the astrolabe, the planisphere, and the hydrometer.
Trotula of Salerno - She practiced medicine in Southern Italy during the 11th century and wrote one of the first medical guides for women and physicians of the medieval era.
Lady Mary Wortley Montagu - Lady Montagu introduced cowpox inoculations to Europe. Before Lady Montagu's injections more than 60 million people had died from smallpox. Her work was important for laying the foundation of germ theory of disease.
Caroline Herschel - She discovered 8 comets and 17 nebulae. Caroline Herschel also founded sidereal astronomy.
Ada Byron Lovelace - Ada Byron Lovelace predicted the uses and limitations for computers and their programs and made clear the basis for modern computer programming. The U.S. Navy even named a computer program after her!
Marie Sklodowska Curie - She won the Nobel Prize for her work with radioactive elements twice. Marie Curie isolated pure radium, and through her work with Henri Becquerel and her husband, Pierre Curie, she discovered radium and polonium.
Lise Meitner - Lise Meitner had the idea that atoms could be split apart to release energy. Her ideas laid the foundation of nuclear energy. Lise discovered the element protactinium in 1918 wither her lab partner Otto Hahn. Otto, received the Nobel Prize for the discovery, while Lise did not.
Rachel Carson - Her written material and observations contributed much to the foundation of modern ecology.
Rosalind Elsie Franklin - This scientist is credited with first recognizing the helix shape of DNA.
Grace Hopper: Computer Pioneer - Born in 1906, Grace earned a Ph.D. in Mathematics, played a critical role in the Navy's early computer development in World War II, and led the team that developed the first standardized computer programming language.
Old May 17th 2005, 5:30 pm
ImHere

Pity women were kept back by men for centuries and weren't given the same opportunities as the men, though still is going on...

But some great gals out there and here's some of them.

Science, Women and Discovery

Hypatia - Hypatia of Alexandria was a teacher of mathematics and natural philosophy. She invented the astrolabe, the planisphere, and the hydrometer.
Trotula of Salerno - She practiced medicine in Southern Italy during the 11th century and wrote one of the first medical guides for women and physicians of the medieval era.
Lady Mary Wortley Montagu - Lady Montagu introduced cowpox inoculations to Europe. Before Lady Montagu's injections more than 60 million people had died from smallpox. Her work was important for laying the foundation of germ theory of disease.
Caroline Herschel - She discovered 8 comets and 17 nebulae. Caroline Herschel also founded sidereal astronomy.
Ada Byron Lovelace - Ada Byron Lovelace predicted the uses and limitations for computers and their programs and made clear the basis for modern computer programming. The U.S. Navy even named a computer program after her!
Marie Sklodowska Curie - She won the Nobel Prize for her work with radioactive elements twice. Marie Curie isolated pure radium, and through her work with Henri Becquerel and her husband, Pierre Curie, she discovered radium and polonium.
Lise Meitner - Lise Meitner had the idea that atoms could be split apart to release energy. Her ideas laid the foundation of nuclear energy. Lise discovered the element protactinium in 1918 wither her lab partner Otto Hahn. Otto, received the Nobel Prize for the discovery, while Lise did not.
Rachel Carson - Her written material and observations contributed much to the foundation of modern ecology.
Rosalind Elsie Franklin - This scientist is credited with first recognizing the helix shape of DNA.
Grace Hopper: Computer Pioneer - Born in 1906, Grace earned a Ph.D. in Mathematics, played a critical role in the Navy's early computer development in World War II, and led the team that developed the first standardized computer programming language.

You missed my greatest heroine of all time: Boudicca, queen of the Iceni tribe that rose up against the romans in East Anglia. She was one tough cookie and a hell of a leader.

And what of course of such women as Nightingale and Curie?

You see I actually believe that men and women complement each other and one without the other is not whole. All humans are created equal and none can live a rich and full life in isolation.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.