Reload this Page >

Rabies vaccination side effects

Wikiposts

Rabies vaccination side effects

Old Jan 17th 2011, 10:52 am
Just Joined

KaylaRose is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Rabies vaccination side effects

I am concerned about the possible side effects of the necessary rabies vaccination cats and dogs have to have before entering the UK. I am thinking about returning to the UK from Australia and I know it is a definite requirement...... I would be interested to hear your experiences with this vaccine.
Thank you
Old Jan 17th 2011, 10:55 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rabies vaccination side effects

We have had all the cats (and the one dog) we've owned have the rabies vaccine. I have never noticed any side effects with any of them.
Old Jan 17th 2011, 10:56 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KaylaRose
I am concerned about the possible side effects of the necessary rabies vaccination cats and dogs have to have before entering the UK. I am thinking about returning to the UK from Australia and I know it is a definite requirement...... I would be interested to hear your experiences with this vaccine.
Thank you
In the US all dogs have to have rabies shots. Never had any problems with my dogs.
Old Jan 17th 2011, 10:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Scout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond repute

I have had dogs and cats have this vaccination yearly all my life. I've never had any of them have any sort of reaction to the jab. I've never heard of any family or friend's pets having any reactions either.
Old Jan 17th 2011, 11:01 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scout
I have had dogs and cats have this vaccination yearly all my life. I've never had any of them have any sort of reaction to the jab. I've never heard of any family or friend's pets having any reactions either.
Yearly? Rabies shots are every 3 years in the US for dogs.
Old Jan 17th 2011, 11:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Sentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond reputeSentosa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Yearly? Rabies shots are every 3 years in the US for dogs.
I don't know about dogs but my 2 house cats have rabies shots every year they do go out into the screen room, but it is the law in Florida that they have to have the shots every year. Just had their shots last week.
Old Jan 17th 2011, 11:28 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Sentosa
I don't know about dogs but my 2 house cats have rabies shots every year they do go out into the screen room, but it is the law in Florida that they have to have the shots every year. Just had their shots last week.
I should have known...the rules probably differ from state to state.
Old Jan 17th 2011, 11:37 pm
Back from India

pennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to behold

my little dog has had them ever year now 7 and he also has other jabs at the same time and the last time he had a wee fever but otherwise no probs
Old Jan 18th 2011, 11:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

There are 1yr and 3yr vaccs available. In our state, we can chose whichever one we want.

The only side effects I have ever noticed after our cats get a vacc is lethargy for maybe the next 24hrs or so. Our vets have always said to be on watch for vomiting or diarrhea as those could be signs of adverse reactions, but I've not heard of anyone's pets having those reactions.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 1:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

shelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond reputeshelley748 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KaylaRose
Thank you
Our 2 dogs have never had any reactions to the jabs- but if you are trying to reason why you should not have the jabs done, you may end up having your pets in 6 months quarantine, you cannot argue with the government!
Old Jan 18th 2011, 6:30 pm
Just Joined

225 is an unknown quantity at this point

Bar the dog being nice and quiet for a night he was fine when he had his the other month.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 6:40 pm
Banned

Bijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond repute

I had rabies vaccination - you have to have two shots - did not affect me either.
Old Jan 18th 2011, 9:24 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bijilo123
I had rabies vaccination - you have to have two shots - did not affect me either.
Me neither, woof woof.
Old Jan 19th 2011, 5:02 am
Banned

Bijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beedubya
Me neither, woof woof.
You are barking mate...