Quick Spouse Visa?

Old Jan 23rd 2009, 11:22 pm

Adelia has a brilliant futureAdelia has a brilliant futureAdelia has a brilliant futureAdelia has a brilliant futureAdelia has a brilliant futureAdelia has a brilliant future
Default Quick Spouse Visa?

How do you get a Spouse Visa quickly? We've been told by the British High Commission that they have been taking 12 to 14 weeks to obtain for the last 2 years. So how come some people on this site have managed to get them in 4 weeks? What did you do to work such a miracle?

Thanks,
Adelia
Old Jan 24th 2009, 3:48 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quick Spouse Visa?

Try http://www.immigrationboards.com but do bear in mind that if you ring the helpline, they will just normally just read whatever information is on the website.

Most straightforward spouse visa cases take less time, as far as I know, but every case is different.
Old Jan 24th 2009, 3:56 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Adelia
How do you get a Spouse Visa quickly? We've been told by the British High Commission that they have been taking 12 to 14 weeks to obtain for the last 2 years. So how come some people on this site have managed to get them in 4 weeks? What did you do to work such a miracle?

Thanks,
Adelia
They have had our application 19 days so far Adelia and no word yet. We also got given the bog standard 12 weeks resonse when we phoned to confirm they had received our documents.
Finks got theirs in 4 weeks, so i am keeping fingers crossed.

I guess you have no choice but to put it in and wait. Make sure you get the fingerprints done before sending the documents and stuff.
Old Jan 24th 2009, 10:29 am

Adelia has a brilliant futureAdelia has a brilliant futureAdelia has a brilliant futureAdelia has a brilliant futureAdelia has a brilliant futureAdelia has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by JAJ
Try http://www.immigrationboards.com but do bear in mind that if you ring the helpline, they will just normally just read whatever information is on the website.

Most straightforward spouse visa cases take less time, as far as I know, but every case is different.
Thanks Jaj for the link to the immigration boards - makes interesting reading!

Flea, they've had our application for about 19 days too. Good luck to you!

Adelia
Old Jan 24th 2009, 10:44 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Adelia
Thanks Jaj for the link to the immigration boards - makes interesting reading!

Flea, they've had our application for about 19 days too. Good luck to you!

Adelia
Oh wow! You work fast. I didnt realise you'd sent it off already. Fingers crossed for both of us.
Old Jan 26th 2009, 7:11 am
Forum Regular

finks is just really nicefinks is just really nicefinks is just really nicefinks is just really nicefinks is just really nicefinks is just really nicefinks is just really nicefinks is just really nice

Hi
I was wondering how you were doing FFFF.
Our was a straightforward application Adelia as far as i can see with some of the situations i have read about.
I included absolutely everything i could find so that everything was backed up
With us being in NZ( smaller pop) so maybe a smaller pool of people applying so meaning quicker proccess time???
I know it is an anxious wait,we recieved an e-mail just out the blue saying our documents where being couriered back and the next day they arrived

We are slowly getting set, we are leaving the end of March,just looking for flights now.I have resigned from my job and my hubbie will be resigning soon,it is all starting to feel very real now.

I sometimes feel we will never get there as we have 2 kids under 2.5yrs aswell which make it harder but i just keep reminding myself there is no deadline for us.
I am in lucky position too in that i have a stable job with this recession starting to hit.

So how are your plans coming along?
Can you guys recommend any shipping companies?
We are looking at Grace they seem ok.

Good Luck FFFF,Adelia and keep us posted
Old Jan 26th 2009, 10:58 pm
Just Joined

wix78 is a name known to allwix78 is a name known to allwix78 is a name known to allwix78 is a name known to allwix78 is a name known to allwix78 is a name known to allwix78 is a name known to allwix78 is a name known to allwix78 is a name known to allwix78 is a name known to allwix78 is a name known to all

What is a spouse visa? is it the same as a settlement visa (the one that costs 500 quid)?? Also, you mentioned getting the fingerprints done before sending the application, how do you do this?
Thanks!
Old Jan 26th 2009, 11:04 pm
I don't give a damn

Originally Posted by finks
Hi
I was wondering how you were doing FFFF.
Our was a straightforward application Adelia as far as i can see with some of the situations i have read about.
I included absolutely everything i could find so that everything was backed up
With us being in NZ( smaller pop) so maybe a smaller pool of people applying so meaning quicker proccess time???
I know it is an anxious wait,we recieved an e-mail just out the blue saying our documents where being couriered back and the next day they arrived

We are slowly getting set, we are leaving the end of March,just looking for flights now.I have resigned from my job and my hubbie will be resigning soon,it is all starting to feel very real now.

I sometimes feel we will never get there as we have 2 kids under 2.5yrs aswell which make it harder but i just keep reminding myself there is no deadline for us.
I am in lucky position too in that i have a stable job with this recession starting to hit.

So how are your plans coming along?
Can you guys recommend any shipping companies?
We are looking at Grace they seem ok.

Good Luck FFFF,Adelia and keep us posted
Hi Finks, we are still waiting.

We havent got any shippers yet. We are waiting until we get the visa. For us it is not worth sending all our stuff and we intend to send no more than about 6 tea chests back.

What job do you do Finks?
Old Jan 26th 2009, 11:09 pm
I don't give a damn

Originally Posted by wix78
What is a spouse visa? is it the same as a settlement visa (the one that costs 500 quid)?? Also, you mentioned getting the fingerprints done before sending the application, how do you do this?
Thanks!
Hi wix

Yes, its basically the same. How long have you been married as this has a baring on you application?

Regarding fingerprints. You fill out the application for the visa online. At the same time you make an online payment with your credit card. After sending that online, a box will come up on screen (as well as an email) telling you where you need to go to get your fingerprints done, and an appointment date for it. Once the fingerprints have been done, then you send all your documnts. You must not send documents until you have the fingerprints included with them.