Reload this Page >

Quick mortgage application question

Quick mortgage application question

Old May 3rd 2021, 3:13 pm
Just Joined

Alelza is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Quick mortgage application question

Dear reader
​My Australian husband and I (UK citizen) returned to the UK 9 months ago having lived in Sydney for 18 months. We intend to buy our first home together soon. Could anyone here with a similar background to us share their experiences of getting a mortgage approved?

We read something today that said a non-EU citizen without ILR may need to provide a 25% deposit and/or have lived here for 2 years+ which made our blood run cold. We are very far away from a 25% deposit and have only been here a few months. Prior to living in Sydney, my husband lived in the UK for almost 4 years and has an excellent UK credit score (we checked!).

My hope is that we will be able to make this work, so long as we have a good broker. I hope someone here will be able to reassure me!?
Old May 3rd 2021, 6:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quick mortgage application question

Not a mortgage expert but these are standard requirements. As always it will depend on your personal situation and the bank. Some might be more generous and every case will be different.

If you were born outside the EU and have permanent residency, or indefinite leave to remain, you may need to provide the following to lenders to get a mortgage:
  • Evidence that you’ve lived in the UK for 2 years
  • Evidence that you have a permanent job in the UK
  • Evidence that you have a UK bank account
  • Possibly a larger deposit (around 25%)
Old May 4th 2021, 7:34 am
BE Enthusiast

tdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond reputetdrinker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quick mortgage application question

You need to speak to a few mortgage brokers, as mortgage eligibility rules can change over time and be specific to individual circumstances. You might find the cost is higher (fees, interest rate) as your circumstances are non-standard.

Posters may be able to recommend good mortgage brokers. Otherwise, these articles offers some general advice:
https://www.which.co.uk/money/mortga...r-a26cg5u83k9q
https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/mortgages/best-mortgages-cashback/