Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Query on UK visa for my spouse

Query on UK visa for my spouse

Old Aug 31st 2012, 5:07 am
Just Joined

elcapitano is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Query on UK visa for my spouse

Just a quick query to see if anyone has information on this scenario.

I am Australian with a British Passport (British Citizen). My wife is an Australian with an Australian passport. In 2009 we traveled to the UK and worked for a year, she used the Youth Mobility visa with her Australian Passport (we weren't married at the time) and we were both working full time there.

We would like to return to the UK for about 6 months next year and work again. This is not a problem for me as I am a British Citizen however my wife is no longer eligible for the Youth Mobility visa (too old), so we are wondering how she may be able to obtain a visa to enable her to work.

So far from our very brief conversions with visa consultants, we have been told our only option is for my wife to get the settlement visa which requires either 62,000GBP in savings or for me to have a job offer in writing before we apply for the visa.

Does anyone see any alternative visas we may be eligible for?
Old Aug 31st 2012, 7:08 am
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Query on UK visa for my spouse

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/vi...izens-settled/

try here