QM2 transatlantic prices?

Old Mar 13th 2008, 10:06 am
Just Joined

jimmy911 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default QM2 transatlantic prices?

Does anybody know the price of a QM2 Transatlantic ticket. Tryed the site got the run-around. Thanks
Old Mar 13th 2008, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

LittleMapes has a spectacular aura aboutLittleMapes has a spectacular aura aboutLittleMapes has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: QM2 transatlantic prices?

I just checked that site.

It does depend on when you will be traveling. I selected the April - July range and it goes anywhere from $1,150 - $1,395 per person based on a double occupancy. I don't think that includes any meals either, although i could be wrong about that.

I still think flying will be cheaper to send me, my partner, and my little dog.

Hope that helps!!
Old Mar 13th 2008, 7:02 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jimmy911
Does anybody know the price of a QM2 Transatlantic ticket. Tryed the site got the run-around. Thanks
just call cunard ~ 1 800 7 cunard....we're going back with them and the prices depends on the date/deck/cabin etc.
Old Mar 13th 2008, 7:03 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by LittleMapes
I just checked that site.

It does depend on when you will be traveling. I selected the April - July range and it goes anywhere from $1,150 - $1,395 per person based on a double occupancy. I don't think that includes any meals either, although i could be wrong about that.

I still think flying will be cheaper to send me, my partner, and my little dog.

Hope that helps!!
your little dog will cost $500 on the QM2 although maybe as cheap as $300 if it's as small as a cat
Old Mar 14th 2008, 5:24 pm
Just Joined

calle 1 is just really nicecalle 1 is just really nicecalle 1 is just really nicecalle 1 is just really nicecalle 1 is just really nicecalle 1 is just really nicecalle 1 is just really nicecalle 1 is just really nicecalle 1 is just really nicecalle 1 is just really nicecalle 1 is just really nice

We called them direct. My dogs were 500, my cat 300 and my husband and I and two teenagers shared a quad cabin that totaled 869. We couldnt have come over cheaper flying especially with the pets. All meals are included.
calle
Old Mar 14th 2008, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

LittleMapes has a spectacular aura aboutLittleMapes has a spectacular aura aboutLittleMapes has a spectacular aura about

Yikes that is excellent!!!

Is that the 6 day new york to Southampton route? When will you be travelling?

Now I'm thinking about calling them up.
Old Mar 14th 2008, 5:44 pm
Account Closed

Yikes that is excellent!!!

Is that the 6 day new york to Southampton route? When will you be travelling?

Now I'm thinking about calling them up.
calle is back in the UK but i go later this yr ..whooppeeee outta here
Old Mar 14th 2008, 6:31 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by calle 1
We called them direct. My dogs were 500, my cat 300 and my husband and I and two teenagers shared a quad cabin that totaled 869. We couldnt have come over cheaper flying especially with the pets. All meals are included.
calle
Cripes, Calle, surely you mean 869 per person ... ?
Old Mar 14th 2008, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

TruBrit what was your cost if you don't mind me asking? Which route are you going on? and at what time frame are you going?
Old Mar 17th 2008, 3:20 pm
Forum Regular

I just called Cunard, very nice people on the phone!

I called asking for a quote for the Transatlantic Crossing in July. The cheapest inside cabin for 2 people is going to cost us $1,572 per person *GULP*

So it looks like I'll be taking my boyfriend and my dog via plane.

I hope she'll be ok on the plane!!
Old Mar 18th 2008, 12:59 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: QM2 transatlantic prices?

I just called Cunard, very nice people on the phone!

I called asking for a quote for the Transatlantic Crossing in July. The cheapest inside cabin for 2 people is going to cost us $1,572 per person *GULP*

So it looks like I'll be taking my boyfriend and my dog via plane.

I hope she'll be ok on the plane!!

OMG - for a July crossing that is so cheap! (Calle went in late Autumn/early Winter I seem to recall, which is probably why her crossing was so inexpensive. July is the school hols and peak travel season).

Don't forget you are getting 6 (or is it 7) night's accommodation, entertainment and all meals; presumably top quality gourmet-type meals and plenty of it.

I've just looked at the room prices (excluding meals) at the Mandarin Oriental hotel in the Time Warner Center close to Central Park in NYC. For 6 nights from July 8 (same date that the QM2 departs New York for Southampton) the *nightly* room rates range from $805 + tax and for a suite $1995 + tax per night!:

https://reservations.synxis.com/lbe/...NTERNET&Step=2

A business class flight on British Airways from JFK or Newark to Heathrow on July 8th costs $5218 + taxes *one way*.

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...amp=0318125449

That price on the QM2 is an absolute bargain in comparison! Actually we need to be in London in July....I wonder if I can persuade my spouse to have us go on the QM2...?
Old Mar 18th 2008, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

You are right actually, I just looked at the double line.

But it is for 6 nights, and you do get the meals, entertainment, plus the chance of a life time to do the transatlantic crossing. Hmmm I'm in-decisive. haha!!

I wish I could ask my little Maple if she'd rather a boat ride or a plane ride. HAHA!!

At least on the QM2 you aren't limited to a maximum weight for bags, so we could bring more. Well I have time to decide.

Thanks for looking at it a different way Englishmum.

Do you think it is too up-scale, too posh for a couple aged 29?? I'm not the fancy dancy type by any means.
Old Mar 18th 2008, 12:17 pm
Account Closed

You are right actually, I just looked at the double line.

But it is for 6 nights, and you do get the meals, entertainment, plus the chance of a life time to do the transatlantic crossing. Hmmm I'm in-decisive. haha!!

I wish I could ask my little Maple if she'd rather a boat ride or a plane ride. HAHA!!

At least on the QM2 you aren't limited to a maximum weight for bags, so we could bring more. Well I have time to decide.

Thanks for looking at it a different way Englishmum.

Do you think it is too up-scale, too posh for a couple aged 29?? I'm not the fancy dancy type by any means.
i'm sure any animal would sooner be cruising than locked in the hold of a noisy jet plane.

the prices vary day to day as airplane tickets do. however with cunard if the price drops below what you are paying they will credit the difference but you have to keep checking the prices which is what i've been doing and so far ours have dropped $150 each from booking
Old Mar 18th 2008, 12:25 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit what was your cost if you don't mind me asking? Which route are you going on? and at what time frame are you going?
i've just noticed this and sent you a PM
Old Mar 18th 2008, 7:24 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: QM2 transatlantic prices?

And another way of looking at it......

.......unless one has a private jet I guess it's well nigh impossible to join the Mile High Club....but it could be fun to have ones very own private cabin whilst crossing the Atlantic Ocean LOL!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.