British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Moving back or to the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/)
-   -   QM2 booked....again! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/qm2-booked-again-845385/)

spouse of scouse Nov 11th 2014 3:41 am

Re: QM2 booked....again!

Originally Posted by not2old (Post 11468063)
of course one must add one of these to the 'bucket list' as a journey of a lifetime

Paris-Budapest-Bucharest-Istanbul

You've hit our bucket list right on the head, this is something we've talked about doing for a long time!

Unfortunately, Scouse went off the idea when I told him he had to 'dress' for dinner. He's not fancy, but he's cheap :lol:

not2old Nov 11th 2014 4:59 am

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse (Post 11468326)
You've hit our bucket list right on the head, this is something we've talked about doing for a long time!

Unfortunately, Scouse went off the idea when I told him he had to 'dress' for dinner. He's not fancy, but he's cheap :lol:

see its not that difficult is it the 'bucket list'

The train from Lime St to Euston, Eurostar train to Paris, overnight in Paris. The Orient Express Paris to Istanbul, overnight in Istanbul, then a flight from Istanbul to Perth. Couple of days in Perth visiting relatives & friends, then boarding the Queen something or Princess xxx at Perth to Southampton, total journey is approx (on the cheap) its doable for ~$40k+ per person. By the end of the 80 days around the world you'd need a holiday.....

Before one is a long time dead - the journey of a lifetime

Brittwit Nov 11th 2014 1:22 pm

We too are returning to the UK on the same voyage. 35 years in the USA and heading home.
See you in the Golden Lion :)

Dorothy Nov 11th 2014 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse (Post 11468315)
Was thinking that if (if if if if if) the insurance thing is over by March, when QM2 is in Perth, it would be nice to go that way for a holiday. But then, we'd be away for yonks and it's hard to get a house and dog sitter for that amount of time (we wouldn't put Murphy in a kennel).

Um, helloooooo :wave:

spouse of scouse Nov 11th 2014 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by Dorothy (Post 11468841)
Um, helloooooo :wave:

Really?! I thought you mightn't be doing it any more because of some changes! Yay!! :starsmile:

spouse of scouse Nov 11th 2014 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by not2old (Post 11468397)
see its not that difficult is it the 'bucket list'

The train from Lime St to Euston, Eurostar train to Paris, overnight in Paris. The Orient Express Paris to Istanbul, overnight in Istanbul, then a flight from Istanbul to Perth. Couple of days in Perth visiting relatives & friends, then boarding the Queen something or Princess xxx at Perth to Southampton, total journey is approx (on the cheap) its doable for ~$40k+ per person. By the end of the 80 days around the world you'd need a holiday.....

Before one is a long time dead - the journey of a lifetime

Get thee behind me! :lol:

Dorothy Nov 11th 2014 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse (Post 11468844)
Really?! I thought you mightn't be doing it any more because of some changes! Yay!! :starsmile:

My daughter has said she would happily stay in my house when I'm not home, so it's not a problem.

Perth Nov 12th 2014 10:34 am

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse (Post 11468317)
Pffft, he can mind his own business, just book it :lol:

Nice to think about anyway!

Might just have to do that :sneaky:;)

britwhore Nov 12th 2014 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by Brittwit (Post 11468814)
We too are returning to the UK on the same voyage. 35 years in the USA and heading home.
See you in the Golden Lion :)

Really? Very cool!!! Pub quiz in the Golden Lion!!

Brittwit Nov 12th 2014 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by britwhore (Post 11469925)
Really? Very cool!!! Pub quiz in the Golden Lion!!

Yes, the wife and I will be testing out all the various drinks on the ship :beer:

As long as there are no questions about the UK on the quiz. I have no idea anymore !!!!

britwhore Nov 12th 2014 1:11 pm

So why the move? If you don't mind me asking!!

We moved back after 15 years in the US. Pop culture references were lost on us but after a year in the UK we were able to fill in the gaps :) I'm looking forward to going back. The panic move back to the US (after 18 months in the UK) has only solidified the fact that we want to live in the UK.....which is a lovely feeling!!

Brittwit Nov 12th 2014 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by britwhore (Post 11469949)
So why the move? If you don't mind me asking!!

We moved back after 15 years in the US. Pop culture references were lost on us but after a year in the UK we were able to fill in the gaps :) I'm looking forward to going back. The panic move back to the US (after 18 months in the UK) has only solidified the fact that we want to live in the UK.....which is a lovely feeling!!

We have visited every state in the USA and lived in 12 of them in the 35 years, I guess the short answer is that we have seen all there is to see and now that we have seen it all, we realize we really aren't happy here.

Realizing that the UK has changed much since those bygone days it really will be like visiting a new country for us.

britwhore Nov 18th 2014 4:04 am

Well sadly it will be 3 dogs :( Had to say goodbye to our little girl this weekend. Heartbroken :(

Englishmum Nov 18th 2014 4:12 am

Originally Posted by britwhore (Post 11476418)
Well sadly it will be 3 dogs :( Had to say goodbye to our little girl this weekend. Heartbroken :(

Oh - I'm so sorry to hear that. :(:broken_heart: Sending you a big ((((HUG))))

Would you like to tell us something about your dearly departed girl?

lf1 Nov 18th 2014 5:09 am

Originally Posted by britwhore (Post 11476418)

Sorry to hear your news. I know how hard it is to lose a beloved dog. Take care.