Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Pregnant Moving back to UK HELP

Pregnant Moving back to UK HELP

Old Mar 17th 2010, 1:05 am
Just Joined

mdunn22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pregnant Moving back to UK HELP

I have been living in Spain for just over 3 years now but not paying taxes just bar work and its very difficult to get a contract.

I am now 4 months pregnant my first thought was to go home right away but I thought I was better to stay as long as I could and work and go back as late as allowed to have the baby so I was not claiming off the government too much.

Now I am worried looking at posts I am not sure if they will give me nhs treatment as I havent paid NI in 3 years even though I paid it for over 10 before I left, I am also worried I wont get any financial help for the government and I certainly wont get a job at 6 months pregnant.

Has anyone else been in this position to help me?????
Old Mar 17th 2010, 11:42 am

manamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Pregnant Moving back to UK HELP

As soon as you get back to the UK, you must go to a GP in the UK and they will sort you out with ante-natal care. You will be booked in for scans and appointments with midwives. You will be taken good care of.

For the sake of your baby and your health you must get proper medical care. Don't stay in Spain if you do not have healthcover.
Old Apr 8th 2010, 10:55 pm
Just Joined

Tizzy01 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am in the same position but only been away just less than 2 years,
does anyone know how long you have to back before being entitled to any sort of benefits as getting a job whilst pregnant is very unlikely.
Tizzy
Old Apr 9th 2010, 2:54 am
BAY
BE Enthusiast

BAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to behold

Why can't the father of your unborn baby support you and yourselves ?

Why do you always expect the Government to bail you out financially ? Start taking responsibility for your actions.
Old Apr 9th 2010, 1:48 pm
Just Joined

My husband is bajan so will be unable to work immediately, the move would be as all my family are in the UK.
Benefits would only be until I find work as I have worked all my life and don't want to not work.

Until you know peoples situations Bay you should keep your comments to yourself!
Old Apr 9th 2010, 2:16 pm
BAY
BE Enthusiast

BAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Tizzy01
My husband is bajan so will be unable to work immediately, the move would be as all my family are in the UK.
Benefits would only be until I find work as I have worked all my life and don't want to not work.

Until you know peoples situations Bay you should keep your comments to yourself!
Why does being bajan stop your husband from working ? Did he work in Spain ?
Old Apr 9th 2010, 2:18 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Won't he need a visa to move to the UK?
Old Apr 9th 2010, 2:27 pm
Just Joined

He has never been to Spain, we will be moving from Barbados and yes he will need papers in order to work which take 12 weeks and we can apply whilst still here, it's while he's trying to get work that we will need financial help.
Old Apr 9th 2010, 2:30 pm
BAY
BE Enthusiast

He has never been to Spain, we will be moving from Barbados and yes he will need papers in order to work which take 12 weeks and we can apply whilst still here, it's while he's trying to get work that we will need financial help.
Sorry, getting you muddled up with OP.
Old Apr 9th 2010, 9:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BAY
Why can't the father of your unborn baby support you and yourselves ?

Why do you always expect the Government to bail you out financially ? Start taking responsibility for your actions.

DITTO
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 4:57 am
Forum Regular

beatle is a name known to allbeatle is a name known to allbeatle is a name known to allbeatle is a name known to allbeatle is a name known to allbeatle is a name known to allbeatle is a name known to allbeatle is a name known to allbeatle is a name known to allbeatle is a name known to allbeatle is a name known to all

You have to have been working to get SMP OR MA. But you may qualify for incapacity benefit. Info here:

[[http://www.dwp.gov.uk/publications/s...broad-or-have/
and here:

[[http://www.dwp.gov.uk/publications/s...ot-getting-ma/
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 1:21 pm
Just Joined

thank you beatle, that link is very helpful to me and good news too.
Still undecided whether we're going to stay in Barbados or move home but great to have the info to hand.
Thanks
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 1:57 pm
J.J
BE Enthusiast

J.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to all

Hello Tizzy, some people will judge you on what you post, so to avoid readers jumping to conclusions that you do not like it is useful for you to post your whole situation - then we could offer better advise. Yeah, it's a chore to post full details when one is struggling with just one specific question - or just don't take offence at what others may suggest - remember you asked the question out to the world, you have to choose the answers that best suit you.Frankly, my first response to your question was similar to Bay's.
I got hammered too when i originally asked what i thought was a simple question but people read all kinds of misinterpretations.
I hope it works out for you.
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 4:49 pm
Banned

Bijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond repute

To te op.

You are entitled to medical treatment from day 1 if you intend to stay and can prove you live here - end of. No other criteria.

Benefits is a different matter but that's not what you asked.