Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

PLS SOMEONE I NEED HELP AND OPINIONS.

PLS SOMEONE I NEED HELP AND OPINIONS.

Old Sep 19th 2013, 8:22 am
Just Joined

Stazie17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PLS SOMEONE I NEED HELP AND OPINIONS.

What if she travels to canada ? Can she enter the sates by land with her esta? I mean its not her fault ahe got denied and she wants to be here to see each other or at least visit for mu graduation... Is there a way around it? What if she gives up her one citinzenship and just stay with the one that allows esta?
Old Sep 19th 2013, 8:25 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

An ESTA is linked to a person, not passport. As for entering a land border, someone else's will have to answer that.
Old Sep 19th 2013, 8:30 am
Just Joined

Stazie17 is an unknown quantity at this point

Do u have any idea where i can find that info? Because i know when crossing borders they check your passport or esta and then tou just drive by
Old Sep 19th 2013, 9:11 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stazie17
What if she travels to canada ? Can she enter the sates by land with her esta? I mean its not her fault ahe got denied and she wants to be here to see each other or at least visit for mu graduation... Is there a way around it? What if she gives up her one citinzenship and just stay with the one that allows esta?
There's no ESTA pre-approval required to cross a land border, but she will have to fill in an I-94 form, which asks the exact same questions, so she will still have to declare the visa denial eventually.

No one here is going to tell you that it's OK to travel using the current ESTA, as it's not the legal way to do things. As another poster said, if she wants to take her chances and use the existing one, which is not the correct thing to do, she can certainly try. Whether she is allowed into the USA or not depends on the POE officer that day. There are no guarantees.

Rene
Old Sep 19th 2013, 9:11 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stazie17
Do u have any idea where i can find that info? Because i know when crossing borders they check your passport or esta and then tou just drive by
What info?

When the POE agent is checking your passport, they are checking your name. Since your name can be linked to other passports, having more than 1 makes no difference. They check your history by name, which they get from looking at your passport.

Rene