Reload this Page >

Please help me i'm depressed

Please help me i'm depressed

Old Oct 10th 2008, 4:43 am
Just Joined

siri_uk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Please help me i'm depressed

Hi

I'm in turmoil guys can anyone help. My situation is that I married an Indian girl in February this year, the marriage is registered, my problem is, is now we want her to come live with me in the UK permanently (I have been to stay with her a few times since Feb but am currently disabled so can't leave the UK full time so only spend weeks or so with her when I can). I have no savings as I pay all the expenses in India for my wife and her son(as she has debts and all her monthly salary goes to them) as well as my expenses in the UK. My wife has good qualifications and is currently working as Talent Management Lead in a MNC and is currently doing her MBA there. She has had contact with UK employers who feel that she is suitable for jobs there but she needs to be in the UK for them to proceed. I currently get £1128 per month with benefits and pension (I am only 40 but get a pension as I finished work through ill health). My payments include incapacity benefit, DLA and income support. I have no housing costs as I live with my parents, they have a 3 bedroom house, 2 bedrooms are spare, so we would have exclusive access to 1 bedroom, is this ok? I currently pay out around £1000 per month now, but on calculation this would reduce to £472 when in UK (no costs in India for rent, travel, bills, etc) and no recourse to public funds would be necessary as we would have enough for us to live on. Would they calculate the projected UK costs in the visa application or what I am paying now? I can honestly say that I truly love this girl and if I cannot be with her I can see no reason to live. Does anyone think this application will succeed or not? Will they take into account what my wife could potentially earn? I am desperate I cannot sleep I just need her here with me.

TIA
Old Oct 10th 2008, 5:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please help me i'm depressed

wow, you should contact that other guy that had several similar issues all over the world. Shouldn't be hard to search, his name was virtually the same as yours. What luck eh!
Old Oct 10th 2008, 5:23 am
Just Joined

I am sorry I don't understand your reply could u be a bit clearer please

thanks
Old Oct 10th 2008, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

Charlie Paynter has a brilliant futureCharlie Paynter has a brilliant futureCharlie Paynter has a brilliant futureCharlie Paynter has a brilliant futureCharlie Paynter has a brilliant futureCharlie Paynter has a brilliant futureCharlie Paynter has a brilliant future

I have tip. Find yourself a wife who has a British passport and then find yourself a job! If that doesn't suit you, keep in India. It may not be to your liking, but it will save a taxpayer like me plenty!
Old Oct 10th 2008, 2:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Patrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to allPatrick2007 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by siri_uk
Hi

I'm in turmoil guys can anyone help. My situation is that I married an Indian girl in February this year, the marriage is registered, my problem is, is now we want her to come live with me in the UK permanently (I have been to stay with her a few times since Feb but am currently disabled so can't leave the UK full time so only spend weeks or so with her when I can). I have no savings as I pay all the expenses in India for my wife and her son(as she has debts and all her monthly salary goes to them) as well as my expenses in the UK. My wife has good qualifications and is currently working as Talent Management Lead in a MNC and is currently doing her MBA there. She has had contact with UK employers who feel that she is suitable for jobs there but she needs to be in the UK for them to proceed. I currently get £1128 per month with benefits and pension (I am only 40 but get a pension as I finished work through ill health). My payments include incapacity benefit, DLA and income support. I have no housing costs as I live with my parents, they have a 3 bedroom house, 2 bedrooms are spare, so we would have exclusive access to 1 bedroom, is this ok? I currently pay out around £1000 per month now, but on calculation this would reduce to £472 when in UK (no costs in India for rent, travel, bills, etc) and no recourse to public funds would be necessary as we would have enough for us to live on. Would they calculate the projected UK costs in the visa application or what I am paying now? I can honestly say that I truly love this girl and if I cannot be with her I can see no reason to live. Does anyone think this application will succeed or not? Will they take into account what my wife could potentially earn? I am desperate I cannot sleep I just need her here with me.

TIA
Shouldnt be a problem at all mate u have two rooms spare she will walk in best of luck!!!!!!!!!
Old Oct 10th 2008, 3:02 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mpg
I have tip. Find yourself a wife who has a British passport and then find yourself a job! If that doesn't suit you, keep in India. It may not be to your liking, but it will save a taxpayer like me plenty!
My. my,my we are upset aren't we.

1st point - why should I find someone that has a british passport, do u have a problem with different races?

2nd point - people sort of pass me over for jobs when they see I have no legs, i'm virtually unemployable, this was due to an accident at work, unless u have a job for me?

Don't be so uptight my friend I ask a question do not presume about people I would love to work believe me, but I was in engineering sector not much use bout me legs m8.
Old Oct 10th 2008, 3:19 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

TIA
Maybe if your wife has a good job and a home there, and you are just living on benefits in the UK, you should consider moving to India to be with her, instead of trying to get her into the UK?
Old Oct 11th 2008, 5:53 am
BE Enthusiast

cally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Please help me i'm depressed

Hi

TIA
Hi there have you thought of contacting your citezins advice for some advice at least they can maybe point you in the right direction before you start any legal processes.
All the best
Cally
Old Oct 11th 2008, 8:03 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Jeeeezus!

Someone who appears to have worse luck than me! I'm impressed!