Wikiposts

Ping pong pom

Old Feb 17th 2009, 10:14 pm
Forum Regular

GagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to all
Default Re: Ping pong pom

"Too crowded.

Too much of a rat-race.

Too expensive.

Too much of a "**** you jack I'm alright" culture."

Well you are in London! Whenever I had to go there (on business) I couldn't wait to get on the train back to Cheshire. Horrible place.
Old Feb 17th 2009, 10:15 pm
Banned

Coda is just really niceCoda is just really niceCoda is just really niceCoda is just really niceCoda is just really niceCoda is just really niceCoda is just really niceCoda is just really niceCoda is just really niceCoda is just really nice

Coda, I have to ask. Why post on this forum just because you can't make things work out for you in the UK?
Why not?

Clearly you couldn't make your life work in NZ or OZ either otherwise you wouldn't be back so maybe you need to go and have a long talk with someone who gets paid to listen.
Interesting conclusion you've reached. I lived overseas for nearly a decade. In that time I had some great times, and some terrible times. In other words, life happened.

Maybe by posting I am offering a different perspective for potential returnees. Maybe not.

It ain't here.
Well, not from you, that's clear!
Old Feb 17th 2009, 10:30 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GagainPEI
"Too crowded.

Too much of a rat-race.

Too expensive.

Too much of a "**** you jack I'm alright" culture."

Well you are in London! Whenever I had to go there (on business) I couldn't wait to get on the train back to Cheshire. Horrible place.
Its highly probable that you hate big cities hence the need to find salvation in Prince Edward Island.
Old Feb 17th 2009, 10:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Coda
Why not?

Interesting conclusion you've reached. I lived overseas for nearly a decade. In that time I had some great times, and some terrible times. In other words, life happened.

Maybe by posting I am offering a different perspective for potential returnees. Maybe not.

Well, not from you, that's clear!
Hmmm...yes, and some very expensive times by the look of it

Look, sorry to hear your not a fan of the UK, but I s'pose at least you're doing something about it. I do wonder if you're ready to settle anywhere though? Sounds like the grass is always greener for you wherever you are not

Anyhoo, the rest of us are still quite happy with our decisions, but many thanks for your input
Old Feb 17th 2009, 10:40 pm
Banned

Coda is just really niceCoda is just really niceCoda is just really niceCoda is just really niceCoda is just really niceCoda is just really niceCoda is just really niceCoda is just really niceCoda is just really niceCoda is just really nice

Originally Posted by 3 go mad in Adelaide
Hmmm...yes, and some very expensive times by the look of it

Look, sorry to hear your not a fan of the UK, but I s'pose at least you're doing something about it. I do wonder if you're ready to settle anywhere though? Sounds like the grass is always greener for you wherever you are not

Anyhoo, the rest of us are still quite happy with our decisions, but many thanks for your input
I don't regret moving back, and not really expensive. My stuff is all mothballed in a mate's garage back in NZ.

Yes, I am prone to the "grass is greener" thinking, definetly. Why do any of us move overseas?
Old Feb 17th 2009, 10:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute3 go mad in Adelaide has a reputation beyond repute

I don't regret moving back, and not really expensive. My stuff is all mothballed in a mate's garage back in NZ.

Yes, I am prone to the "grass is greener" thinking, definetly. Why do any of us move overseas?
Dunno really, OH was offered a job and it seemed like a good idea at the time
Old Feb 17th 2009, 10:43 pm
Forum Regular

GagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Jules Europe
Its highly probable that you hate big cities hence the need to find salvation in Prince Edward Island.
"Salvation" hmmm! They keep the drinks parties very quiet here in this little hamlet. Loved Barcelona, Malaga, Granada, Seville, Manchester & Liverpool but hated London. It's not like being in England at all. Each to their own but London has been as per the OP's description for over 25 years so why go back to it?
Old Feb 17th 2009, 10:48 pm
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GagainPEI
"Salvation" hmmm! They keep the drinks parties very quiet here in this little hamlet. Loved Barcelona, Malaga, Granada, Seville, Manchester & Liverpool but hated London. It's not like being in England at all. Each to their own but London has been as per the OP's description for over 25 years so why go back to it?
I´ll agree that you`ve seen the best cities in Spain, Manchester for me is ok but Liverpool over London

How did you end up in PEI and why not another part of Canada?
Old Feb 17th 2009, 11:06 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cricket1
Coda, I have to ask. Why post on this forum just because you can't make things work out for you in the UK? Clearly you couldn't make your life work in NZ or OZ either otherwise you wouldn't be back so maybe you need to go and have a long talk with someone who gets paid to listen.
It ain't here.
surely in a forum for people thinking about moving back to the uk, the posts are relevant, or do you have to slag off Oz to post here?
Old Feb 17th 2009, 11:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jules Europe
I´ll agree that you`ve seen the best cities in Spain, Manchester for me is ok but Liverpool over London

How did you end up in PEI and why not another part of Canada?
At the risk of going completely off topic my answer to both your questions is "Why not?" In Liverpool at least I don't feel I'm in a strange land.

I also forgot to include Chester & do regret never making it to Madrid. Perhaps one day?
Old Feb 17th 2009, 11:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

MartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond reputeMartynK has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm. The OP moved back to the UK for some reason or another, doesn't like it, and plans to leave again. Fair enough. Some people would probably say that you're lucky to have the choice, but you're not the only one.

Was the post useful to anyone thinking of returning? No, not at all. It was completely subjective and lacked any sort of balance. I've lived in South Africa for nearly 30 years, and visited the UK last May for the first time in 20 years. I wasn't at all sure what to expect, and was half prepared to find fault with everything, but I enjoyed it and went back in January. I may return for good in the next few months.

FWIW, I enjoy London but I wouldn't really want to live there. My wife lives in rural SW Scotland, which is about as far from the rat race and overcrowding as you can get, short of moving to the Hebrides. It's wonderful, and people are not particularly materialistic, or no more so than you would find anywhere else. OTOH, I know a lot of people who seem to thrive on the stress of big cities and would be bored witless in the country.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 12:28 am
Banned

Originally Posted by MartynK
Hmm. The OP moved back to the UK for some reason or another, doesn't like it, and plans to leave again. Fair enough. Some people would probably say that you're lucky to have the choice, but you're not the only one.

Was the post useful to anyone thinking of returning? No, not at all. It was completely subjective and lacked any sort of balance. I've lived in South Africa for nearly 30 years, and visited the UK last May for the first time in 20 years. I wasn't at all sure what to expect, and was half prepared to find fault with everything, but I enjoyed it and went back in January. I may return for good in the next few months.

FWIW, I enjoy London but I wouldn't really want to live there. My wife lives in rural SW Scotland, which is about as far from the rat race and overcrowding as you can get, short of moving to the Hebrides. It's wonderful, and people are not particularly materialistic, or no more so than you would find anywhere else. OTOH, I know a lot of people who seem to thrive on the stress of big cities and would be bored witless in the country.
Subjective? Well, duh! I know what the problem here is. You wanted another glowing account of how everything is just amazing.?
Oops. I forgot my rose-tints..let me put them on. Ahhh, now, that's better.Wow! The UK isn't a dump afterall. What was I talking about? Im sorry for having a dig at the UK. By all means come back, I am sure you'll love it!

Last edited by Coda; Feb 18th 2009 at 12:32 am.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 12:31 am
Account Closed

Subjective? Well, duh!

I know what the problem here is. You wanted another glowing account of how everything is just amazing.?

Oops. I forgot my rose-tints..let me put them on. Ahhh, now, that's better.

Wow! The UK isn't a dump afterall. What was I talking about?

Im sorry for having a dig at the UK. By all means come back, I am sure you'll love it!
please remember some disparaging remark about Australians
Old Feb 18th 2009, 12:37 am
Banned

Originally Posted by kporte
please remember some disparaging remark about Australians
(Keeps rose-tints on)....Yeah, bloody Ozzies. What a dump OZ is! Fires, flies, and I can't get walkers' crisps, anywhere. No sense of humor! Too hot, nothing to do, boring, arrogant, houses are all the same, all you do is go to the beach, no culture, tv is shit, etc etc....
Old Feb 18th 2009, 12:39 am
Account Closed

(Keeps rose-tints on)....Yeah, bloody Ozzies. What a dump OZ is! Fires, flies, and I can't get walkers' crisps, anywhere. No sense of humor! Too hot, nothing to do, boring, arrogant, houses are all the same, all you do is go to the beach, no culture, tv is shit, etc etc....
that should suffice. you may want to change your sig to something deeply xenophobic though

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.