Pet Passport

Old Feb 11th 2005, 11:43 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet Passport

Originally Posted by callë
Hi Englishmum!
Yes I saw that on the approved flights. I just havent been able to find anyone who has flown with Brittania and just want to get some knowledge of how they treat pets. It certainly would be easier. Sanford is about 20 or 30 minutes closer and its quieter I'm sure than Orlando. And they fly into Manchester which would be closer to the Midlands than Heathrow or Gatwick. If you know of anybody that has flown pets with them could you please find out how they liked them?
I wont be booking the flights for a few months yet. So it still gives me some time to try to find out more. Thanks for your help!
Sorry Calle - I've just looked at the Sanford airport site to see who flys there (in case I could get an alternative cheap domestic flight there sometime) and looked at the 'destinations' page. Sad to say, all of the flights flying into Sanford from the UK are only allowed to transport passengers whose flights originated there....ie. they can't pick up passengers beginning their journey in the USA. I wonder why this is the case - but perhaps it's some sort of protectionism approved by Congress under pressure from the US airlines who don't want the competition from cheaper overseas-based operators? Perhaps they will transport pets but not humans who want to fly from Sanford - but understandably I'm sure you will want to be on the same flight as your dog.

Sorry if I've mislead you...
Old Feb 12th 2005, 5:01 pm
Home at last

callé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Sorry Calle - I've just looked at the Sanford airport site to see who flys there (in case I could get an alternative cheap domestic flight there sometime) and looked at the 'destinations' page. Sad to say, all of the flights flying into Sanford from the UK are only allowed to transport passengers whose flights originated there....ie. they can't pick up passengers beginning their journey in the USA. I wonder why this is the case - but perhaps it's some sort of protectionism approved by Congress under pressure from the US airlines who don't want the competition from cheaper overseas-based operators? Perhaps they will transport pets but not humans who want to fly from Sanford - but understandably I'm sure you will want to be on the same flight as your dog.

Wow! Thats unfair. What a shame. Well that eliminates that option doesnt it!
I do thank you for finding out that information for me though as at least its another thing I wont have to bother with. It also explains why I can get no response about it.
well, back to Virgin...
Old Feb 13th 2005, 1:58 pm
Banned

IN THE YEAR 2525 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have bought many a ticket from MYTRAVEL from their Orlando office and flown one way into UK,Brittania were doing it for $350 one way and Mytravel were charging $285 I would pay with a credit card and pick the ticket up at Sanford airport,maybe they put a stop to it.
Old Feb 13th 2005, 2:11 pm
Banned

Hi Englishmum!
Yes I saw that on the approved flights. I just havent been able to find anyone who has flown with Brittania and just want to get some knowledge of how they treat pets. It certainly would be easier. Sanford is about 20 or 30 minutes closer and its quieter I'm sure than Orlando. And they fly into Manchester which would be closer to the Midlands than Heathrow or Gatwick. If you know of anybody that has flown pets with them could you please find out how they liked them?
I wont be booking the flights for a few months yet. So it still gives me some time to try to find out more. Thanks for your help!
Hi.I have flown from Sanford to UK many times and I can tell you that although it is not a large airport {actuall too small} for what goes on there. But everytime I leave from there it is very busy,busier than Orlando,because of its size.The flights going back to the UK all seem to go back at the same time and the place is packed.
Old Feb 13th 2005, 2:17 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: Pet Passport

Originally Posted by IN THE YEAR 2525
I have bought many a ticket from MYTRAVEL from their Orlando office and flown one way into UK,Brittania were doing it for $350 one way and Mytravel were charging $285 I would pay with a credit card and pick the ticket up at Sanford airport,maybe they put a stop to it.

That's very interesting indeed. Perhaps 'officially' they're not supposed to do it, but maybe they bend the rules or have amended them to allow journeys to start in the US and the UK govt. website just hasn't been updated. On the other hand perhaps British passport holders are exempt...but unless the fares are significantly cheaper than Virgin's (either one way or return flights) I doubt that Calle would want to put her hubby (with his American passport) flying on a seperate flight?!!!

Perhaps if you could find out the contact details for Britannia (or has it been re-named Thomson?) in Florida - I guess they have an office in Orlando and certainly at the airport - Calle could phone them and enquire about transporting her dog?

This is what it says on the website for Sanford airport:

http://www.orlandosanfordairport.com/destinations.asp

Home page: http://www.orlandosanfordairport.com
Old Feb 13th 2005, 11:22 pm
Banned

That's very interesting indeed. Perhaps 'officially' they're not supposed to do it, but maybe they bend the rules or have amended them to allow journeys to start in the US and the UK govt. website just hasn't been updated. On the other hand perhaps British passport holders are exempt...but unless the fares are significantly cheaper than Virgin's (either one way or return flights) I doubt that Calle would want to put her hubby (with his American passport) flying on a seperate flight?!!!

Perhaps if you could find out the contact details for Britannia (or has it been re-named Thomson?) in Florida - I guess they have an office in Orlando and certainly at the airport - Calle could phone them and enquire about transporting her dog?

Hi.First thing they[Brittania and Mytravel] always asked me was do you have a brit passport,at one time my brit born son who came over when he was 2 didnt have a brit passport[he travelled on his mothers US passport then]so he applied at the British consulate in Washington[changed now to NY] to get his Brit passport to get a flight from Sanford to UK and I remember them making sure we had brit passports.The last time I did this was last June when I bought a one way with Brittania leaving Sanford to UK,that time when I went to get the ticket at the Brittania check in they told me my ticket was over at the Brittania welcome desk across the road,when I went to get it they hit me for another 25 quid about $40 at the time,they said it was an admin fee,they told me to complain,when I did they sent me a check for 10 quid.But I did get a great seat on the plane.
Old Feb 14th 2005, 2:29 am
Banned

Hi.If you give me a couple of days[I have to go to Atlanta] tommorow[mon]I have a little blue book here somewhere with the tel numbers for Britannia and Mytravel for their Orlando offices,I remember they were difficult to get.Hope thats OK,give me a couple days and I will get them to you.over and out.
Old Feb 14th 2005, 2:45 pm
Home at last

callé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond repute

Who says I wouldnt travel separate fom my husband?!
Seriously, It sounds great. Not the traveling separate part but the lower prices and it being a smaller airport. Might be worth it. My kids have British passports as well so looks like poor old hubby may fly alone. He might get a more restful flight without me anyway then he'll be able to better handle things upon arrival. I'll be jetlagged I'm sure as I dont think I'll be able to sleep. So there, all sorted!
I really really appreciate all this information from you guys.
Old Feb 14th 2005, 5:21 pm

Lightbulb Re: Pet Passport

Calle: It looks like you should be able to fly with your pet directly to Manchester which is much closer to Stoke-on-Trent than flying into Gatwick or Heathrow with Virgin.

The 'Defra' site lists three airlines which fly from Sanford, FL to Manchester (also London) and they are Britannia Airways, Excel Airways and My Travel (aka MyTravel Lite). I guess all you need to do is find their office phone numbers for Florida...I doubt they are listed on their websites so I guess you could either call 411 or phone the main phone number for Sanford Airport and ask if there is a customer services/operator helpline, I'm sure you could get the phone numbers to make enquiries:

http://www.defra.gov.uk/animalh/quar...s_longhaul.htm

(I don't know what they mean by 'accompanied animals' but I would guess that you need to be on the same flight rather than sending your pet on a seperate flight or airline....?).

Here's the website for the 'My Travel' group (not sure which of their 'brands' flies to Florida....maybe planes labelled 'Airtours'?)

http://www.mytravel.com

Help page - don't complete the online form though:

http://www.mytravel.com/AniteNextPag...ELP&s=19274401

You could e-mail your enquiry to: [email protected] (do tell them that you're British passport holders though! and send the DEFRA link - I have no idea how 'seasonal' their flights are!)

Britannia Airways website (e-mail enquiries - seperate link for UK phone nos):

http://www.britanniaairways.com/inde...ype=1&toIDX=11

Excel Airways website:

http://www.xl.com/?AID=10308028&PID=...SID=000000002a

Hope this helps!

Last edited by Englishmum; Feb 14th 2005 at 5:36 pm.
Old Feb 14th 2005, 7:33 pm
Home at last

Thanks Englishmum. I am going to try to get the phone numbers and contact them.
Old Feb 17th 2005, 4:42 pm
Banned

Thanks Englishmum. I am going to try to get the phone numbers and contact them.
Hi.Ive been looking for my tel book and I just found it.
Her is a number for Airtours in Florida. 407-850-2421.
This number is for Travel city direct who I have bought many a ticket from[one way] to UK. 407-345-4996.X3054 Ask for Stuart.Brit guy who seems to know whats happening.They may answer saying they are European air lines.
This is a number in my book that has Britannia written next to it. 405-345-0811.Best of luck.
Old Feb 17th 2005, 5:45 pm
Home at last

Originally Posted by IN THE YEAR 2525
Hi.Ive been looking for my tel book and I just found it.
Her is a number for Airtours in Florida. 407-850-2421.
This number is for Travel city direct who I have bought many a ticket from[one way] to UK. 407-345-4996.X3054 Ask for Stuart.Brit guy who seems to know whats happening.They may answer saying they are European air lines.
This is a number in my book that has Britannia written next to it. 405-345-0811.Best of luck.

Thank you so very much!