Wikiposts

Parents of School kids

Old Jul 28th 2008, 6:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Parents of School kids

Originally Posted by lisag8070

Although saying that this year I'm writing my daughters name all over the stuff I send in...
I found that in kindergarten, crayons became communal property. Last year was pretty much the same way, except the supplies were kept neater and the kids seemed to respect them a bit more. But nothing was exclusively my daughter's, even though I put her name on her scissors..... Curious to see how it will go this year.
Old Jul 28th 2008, 7:07 am
Forum Regular

CarrotCruncher is a jewel in the roughCarrotCruncher is a jewel in the roughCarrotCruncher is a jewel in the roughCarrotCruncher is a jewel in the roughCarrotCruncher is a jewel in the rough

All three of my children will be in school this year, and whilst the supply lists are comprehensive, having WalMart close by has taken the sting out of it. After speaking with friends in the UK about the escalating costs of uniforms and shoes, I would rather hand over the supplies. It's definitely cheaper than what I would have paid for 3 complete sets of uniform!
Old Jul 28th 2008, 7:16 am

robskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
I found that in kindergarten, crayons became communal property. Last year was pretty much the same way, except the supplies were kept neater and the kids seemed to respect them a bit more. But nothing was exclusively my daughter's, even though I put her name on her scissors..... Curious to see how it will go this year.
My daughter came home with her end of year school work in pocket folders with another childs name all over the inside, they were the trendy type too, not just the plain block colors I buy for my kids!!! Her parents must have thought the same thing. Seems like it all become communal property
Old Jul 28th 2008, 9:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CarrotCruncher
All three of my children will be in school this year, and whilst the supply lists are comprehensive, having WalMart close by has taken the sting out of it. After speaking with friends in the UK about the escalating costs of uniforms and shoes, I would rather hand over the supplies. It's definitely cheaper than what I would have paid for 3 complete sets of uniform!
I still think that the cost of a school uniform work's out cheeper in the long run plus there's no arguing about what's going to be worn in the morning's, not that my Son's come to that point yet but there will come a time :curse:
Old Jul 28th 2008, 12:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by britvic
I still think that the cost of a school uniform work's out cheeper in the long run plus there's no arguing about what's going to be worn in the morning's, not that my Son's come to that point yet but there will come a time :curse:
Yep I agree. My son started grade one at a private advanced school, where uniforms are mandatory. It makes life alot easier.....
Old Jul 28th 2008, 12:48 pm
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

just be really glad you don't have a girl...mine is driving me crazy with her requests...:curse:
Old Jul 28th 2008, 2:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

just be really glad you don't have a girl...mine is driving me crazy with her requests...:curse:
I brought up two daughter's back in the UK and thank god for school uniform's
Old Jul 28th 2008, 2:11 pm
Last orders please...

lisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond reputelisag8070 has a reputation beyond repute

I brought up two daughter's back in the UK and thank god for school uniform's
I know....who'da thunk it that you'd miss school uniforms...

do you remember your old school uniform??

My school uniform wasn't that bad, it was navy blue with a red and blue striped tie..

I just felt sorry for those that had the puke green colours..
Old Jul 28th 2008, 11:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I know....who'da thunk it that you'd miss school uniforms...

do you remember your old school uniform??

My school uniform wasn't that bad, it was navy blue with a red and blue striped tie..

I just felt sorry for those that had the puke green colours..
Well our's was bottle green with a tartan green Kilt and I rather liked it
Old Jul 29th 2008, 12:03 am
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a big fan of school uniforms.
Attached Thumbnails Parents of School kids-1815343674_63b2520445.jpg  
Old Jul 29th 2008, 12:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
I'm a big fan of school uniforms.
well I'm just a big fan of uniforms in general
Old Jul 29th 2008, 2:10 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

i kept seeing those supply lists in Walmart and wondered what they were all about! Know I know. When my boy starts next year I will have to look into if there is a PTA option etc.
Old Jul 29th 2008, 2:20 am
Last orders please...

Well our's was bottle green with a tartan green Kilt and I rather liked it
well thats putting my foot in it..
Old Jul 29th 2008, 3:37 am
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Totally hear ya ! My kids recently moved from a school that had a dress code to one that doesn't....my son is ok but my daughter drives me insane and she's only 11 !
Although I hated wearing a school uniform...navy and red and you had to wear navy gym knickers too....bl**dy awful things.
Old Jul 29th 2008, 5:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, this is all eye opening. My parents only sent supplies to school that were meant for me, not some communal supplies. I can't believe the amount of money some of you are saying you spend. I also found out recently that in some of the middle and high schoools, students now have to basically rent their schoolbooks for the year, and don't get the money back. That was certainly not the case 15+ yrs ago when I started middle school. I'd certainly be interested in knowing where my tax money is going.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.