Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

pancake day in the Uk, whats your fave topping??

pancake day in the Uk, whats your fave topping??

Old Feb 15th 2007, 4:27 pm

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: pancake day in the Uk, whats your fave topping??

Originally Posted by Paul S
just don't tell him about the cheese rolling in Gloucestershire then

Why did I think that that was in Scotland?!
Old Feb 15th 2007, 4:30 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by anabella
hey anabella, when do you start your new hairdressing job?
Old Feb 15th 2007, 4:32 pm
now I know my J,C,B's

Paul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond repute

er pass. Its something that us inbreeds from glawstershire like to do. There should be a law against cheese worrying
Old Feb 15th 2007, 4:33 pm
now I know my J,C,B's

Paul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
I fell in love with tarot root pancakes when in Hawaii-very good!
gonna have to go google that, because i've never heard of them
Old Feb 15th 2007, 4:38 pm
now I know my J,C,B's

Originally Posted by cindyabs
next try a quarter of a bottle.
done that....... same effect

Flambe with a good single malt spices up the ole pancakes too
Old Feb 15th 2007, 4:44 pm

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
hey anabella, when do you start your new hairdressing job?

I wish I knew ..

I've been waiting for my bloody license for close to 3 months! and just when it looked like it was about to come the Board members appeared to change their minds and want to make my life difficult so they asked me to take an exam.. which I failed yesterday . Bear in mind that I qualified 15 years ago and I haven't opened a theory book since, many of the questions were related to Colorado's rules and regulations and I am not that familiar with the English terminology because I studied in Spanish .. I am sooooo frustrated .. I am trying to get somebody to tell me what book is relevant to this exam and nobody seems to know anything.. bloody useless all of them..
Old Feb 15th 2007, 4:47 pm
Account Closed

I wish I knew ..

I've been waiting for my bloody license for close to 3 months! and just when it looked like it was about to come the Board members appeared to change their minds and want to make my life difficult so they asked me to take an exam.. which I failed yesterday . Bear in mind that I qualified 15 years ago and I haven't opened a theory book since, many of the questions were related to Colorado's rules and regulations and I am not that familiar with the English terminology because I studied in Spanish .. I am sooooo frustrated .. I am trying to get somebody to tell me what book is relevant to this exam and nobody seems to know anything.. bloody useless all of them..
sorry you failed yesterday and i'm no help but hopefully you can find some relevant info on the web. my scottish hairdresser has been here 3 yrs and has his own hairdressing business...i could pm you his number if you think he might help?
Old Feb 15th 2007, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by TruBrit
sorry you failed yesterday and i'm no help but hopefully you can find some relevant info on the web. my scottish hairdresser has been here 3 yrs and has his own hairdressing business...i could pm you his number if you think he might help?

I don't think it'd help since you are in Texas.. but thanks
Old Feb 15th 2007, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by Paul S
er pass. Its something that us inbreeds from glawstershire like to do. There should be a law against cheese worrying

Had I known that it was there I'd have gone to watch it!.. I didn't live far.. and it looks hilarious..
Old Feb 15th 2007, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

Mizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond repute

I love my pancakes (crepes or South African style) with cinemon and sugar.
Old Feb 15th 2007, 4:55 pm
now I know my J,C,B's

Had I known that it was there I'd have gone to watch it!.. I didn't live far.. and it looks hilarious..

it were . Sorry to hear aboput yer job woes (still dumbfounded that you need to be licensed to be a hairdresser over here )

Paul
Old Feb 15th 2007, 5:00 pm
Greatly Missed. RIP

DollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond reputeDollyLlama has a reputation beyond repute

I wish I knew ..

What a shame........ It amazes me that some of them here actually pass an exam for hairdressing.........
Old Feb 15th 2007, 5:01 pm
time for a cuppa?

ukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond repute

I wish I knew ..

Sorry and karma for next time
Old Feb 15th 2007, 5:12 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by DollyLlama
What a shame........ It amazes me that some of them here actually pass an exam for hairdressing.........
exactly....they are pretty bad here and i see some of the weirdest haircuts especially on men
Old Feb 15th 2007, 5:13 pm
Account Closed

I don't think it'd help since you are in Texas.. but thanks
ok i'm seeing him tomorrow and i think one of his buddies is a hairdresser in colorado so i'll check it out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.