Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

pancake day in the Uk, whats your fave topping??

pancake day in the Uk, whats your fave topping??

Old Feb 13th 2007, 1:18 pm
time for a cuppa?

ukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond reputeukmumsie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: pancake day in the Uk, whats your fave topping??

Originally Posted by TruBrit
nope nor all the stuff they put on them

however in france i love the crepes one can buy from the side walks and i choose nutella to go in them
Those are the ones I tend to make using good ole Delia's recipe. Around here when you pronounce it the correct way they have no idea what you are talking about (they pronounce it the same as crepe paper)
Old Feb 13th 2007, 1:21 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ukmumsie
Those are the ones I tend to make using good ole Delia's recipe. Around here when you pronounce it the correct way they have no idea what you are talking about (they pronounce it the same as crepe paper)
bless..just humour them
Old Feb 13th 2007, 1:24 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by englishnurse
OMG yes it is

cant i have two pancake days?????

so it's next week....oh well we've all plenty of time to get in practice for next tuesday

Last edited by TruBrit; Feb 13th 2007 at 1:34 pm.
Old Feb 13th 2007, 1:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

so it's next week....oh well we've all plenty of time to get in practice for next monday
Thats OK then, I thought it was normally after Valentines time to get stocked up with more Lemons Poor English Nurse, she dose work nights, I grew up with a Mum like that
Old Feb 13th 2007, 1:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

englishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond reputeenglishnurse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britvic
Thats OK then, I thought it was normally after Valentines time to get stocked up with more Lemons Poor English Nurse, she dose work nights, I grew up with a Mum like that
i cant blame this one on nights as im off this week lol
got the information off a nurse who has emmigrated to the USA so i blame her
Old Feb 13th 2007, 1:38 pm
Forum Regular

kath58 has a brilliant futurekath58 has a brilliant futurekath58 has a brilliant futurekath58 has a brilliant futurekath58 has a brilliant futurekath58 has a brilliant futurekath58 has a brilliant futurekath58 has a brilliant future

My favorite topping is cinnamon apples smothered in clotted cream.That what i am off to do now.
Old Feb 13th 2007, 1:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Longy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to behold

OMG yes it is
now i know why when someone in another forum mentioned it that i thought it was strange i had forgot

cant i have two pancake days?????
I think over here you are allowed to have pancake day every day!!
Old Feb 13th 2007, 1:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

i cant blame this one on nights as im off this week lol
got the information off a nurse who has emmigrated to the USA so i blame her
LOL quite understandable thats what happens to us all when over here long enough
Old Feb 13th 2007, 1:48 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by kath58
My favorite topping is cinnamon apples smothered in clotted cream.That what i am off to do now.
think i like the sound of that herbalife diet
Old Feb 13th 2007, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

kath58 has a brilliant futurekath58 has a brilliant futurekath58 has a brilliant futurekath58 has a brilliant futurekath58 has a brilliant futurekath58 has a brilliant futurekath58 has a brilliant futurekath58 has a brilliant future

love going to i hop for breakfast. all the different sorts of pancakes
Old Feb 13th 2007, 1:52 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by kath58
love going to i hop for breakfast. all the different sorts of pancakes
so kath how does this herbalife diet work exactly....
Old Feb 13th 2007, 1:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

so kath how does this herbalife diet work exactly....
Old Feb 13th 2007, 1:59 pm
Account Closed

well did you read this http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...5&postcount=23

i think it's great and eating all those pancakes
Old Feb 13th 2007, 2:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Golden syrup and orange. Best combo on earth.
Old Feb 13th 2007, 2:13 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Do you like there thick pancakes over here
Aren't they two very different types of pancakes. The US pancake is just that a pancake which has flour, baking powder, egg, milk, shortening so it is thicker than what I believe is the type of pancake Brits have the holiday.

I believe what you are referring to is more like a crepe which is something I was taught to make from my German mother. We ate it with butter and jam or sometimes with creamed chicken or creamed asparagus.

As an American, yes, I love our thick pancakes with butter and sometimes jam or maple syrup.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.