Packing decisions!

Old Aug 7th 2022, 10:47 pm
Forum Regular

Revans18 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Packing decisions!

Hello all. I am starting to pack for our move back from the US to the UK. I am stuck on whether or not to bring some items. I am going to use 1 large shipping cube from Seven Seas, which I know is not huge. Interested in hearing opinions on the following:
Nintendo Wii console and games
US DVDs. I know some DVD players can play US and rest of the world DVDs……I’m hoping to purchase in the UK
Kitchenaide stand mixer.
US Queen size duvet
thanks!
Old Aug 8th 2022, 2:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

durham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Packing decisions!

Check the voltage but I know that my son brought back various game consoles from the USA when he returned in 2017.

I had a similar question on DVDs but brought them all anyway in 2017 and once in England bought a multi-region DVD player for £25. Just checked on Amazon.co.uk and it has gone up to £26. Plenty of other fancier multi-region DVD players for you to choose from when you get back.
Old Aug 8th 2022, 2:22 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Kitchen appliances are consistently reported to be among the things that are reported to not work well on a voltage/ that they weren't designed for and/or have problems with the different mains frequency, and having a transformer on your kitchen counter isn't ideal either, so I would recommend not bringing your stand mixer.

I believe that region codes for DVDs are no longer a thing and/or most players are multi-region. Given that DVDs are small and virtually worthless on the resale market, I would bring those.

A US queen bed is almost identical in size (IIRC same width, 2"/5cm longer) to a UK king, so I would bring queen bedding.

Last edited by Pulaski; Aug 8th 2022 at 3:39 pm.
Old Aug 8th 2022, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you, I’ll look for one of those DVD players!
Old Aug 8th 2022, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you, very helpful. I’ll have to park with my mixer and bring the DVDs and duvets!