Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Over 50's/60's arrival centre for new returnees

Wikiposts

Over 50's/60's arrival centre for new returnees

Old Jan 6th 2011, 3:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Over 50's/60's arrival centre for new returnees

Originally Posted by windsong
I don't like Big Brother listening to everything you say and do on FB. I always watch what I say there.
Actually, more can be read about what you say here

If you all wanted to ,you could make a FB page and set it to private .

Folk would need to be approved by an administrator before gaining access .

Nobody is on my FB page that I don't know about ,those that don't know me get an almost blank page/profile .
Old Jan 6th 2011, 7:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

islandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gabgoeshome
Actually, more can be read about what you say here

If you all wanted to ,you could make a FB page and set it to private .

Folk would need to be approved by an administrator before gaining access .

Nobody is on my FB page that I don't know about ,those that don't know me get an almost blank page/profile .
My FB page is set to private too - you can't Google me and find me. But each to their own - I was just thinking of a central place to post information, not to chat. And if anyone wants to let others know about their room availability, perhaps they should not post their location, beyond 'single room with en suite available in north Devon' then leave it to a private discussion via email off site from FB with an intended visitor. Other than that, the FB was just a suggestion -
Old Jan 6th 2011, 8:32 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by islandwoman120
My FB page is set to private too - you can't Google me and find me. But each to their own - I was just thinking of a central place to post information, not to chat. And if anyone wants to let others know about their room availability, perhaps they should not post their location, beyond 'single room with en suite available in north Devon' then leave it to a private discussion via email off site from FB with an intended visitor. Other than that, the FB was just a suggestion -
I thought it was a really good well though out suggestion Rosie. As Gab has said you can keep FB as public or as private as you like.

You could have all kinds of links to relevant information, a LOT easier to find on there than on here. Discussions, groups, photo's, things of common interest, private messaging, links, attachments like .pdf files, yeah I personally think it's a great idea. And of course you are not just reaching out to people on this British Expats forum but to people all over the world.
Old Jan 7th 2011, 12:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Gabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Beedubya
I thought it was a really good well though out suggestion Rosie. As Gab has said you can keep FB as public or as private as you like.

You could have all kinds of links to relevant information, a LOT easier to find on there than on here. Discussions, groups, photo's, things of common interest, private messaging, links, attachments like .pdf files, yeah I personally think it's a great idea. And of course you are not just reaching out to people on this British Expats forum but to people all over the world.
Exactly

Posting on a forum like this ,imo lives one more vulnerable ...

We have to use very mysterious user names to remain invisible here ,a google search of any of our questions that we have raised will bring them up on a search engine .

Actually that is how I found this site

I hope you find a suitable 'spot' for such helpful and valuable info
Old Jan 7th 2011, 1:34 am
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by windsong
I don't like Big Brother listening to everything you say and do on FB. I always watch what I say there.
I don't think there's much difference between Facebook or any other site on the web. They're all collecting data and they all have all your information. I think it's the price we pay for the ease of communication.
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 9:50 am
BE Enthusiast

GoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by islandwoman120
Hi Rosie, a place where all the info is available is a good idea. How about utilising the wiki here on BE.

I am not sure how one adds to it but there are links there already

It is a lot less personal and of course not everyone may find it, but it may be easier than reinventing the wheel.

Hope this helps