Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Old Aug 25th 2015, 12:26 am
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

I have been reading on a forum called "5 years in Ireland now wished I had stayed in the UK." (see British Expats-living and moving abroad)
I found it very interesting because the writer who was born in Ireland and after being back in Ireland for two years feels he made a huge mistake in going back there. One of the things he says is he wanted to be around people of his own culture but instead he finds that he is surrounded by the Polish and Brazilians in Ireland. The pay is very low there and the work is very hard.
The new foreigners have worked their way up to supervisors and managers and only hire their own nationality.
He has two university degrees but the hiring at that levels is done by word of mouth or hand shake.
Anyhow I was moved by his experience that he detailed.
Countries used to be invaded by armies of foreign nations but what I see happening now is that countries are over powered by foreigners seeking opportunity.
Politicians seem to sit back and let it happen.
I know first hand that in the UK whole? towns appear to have been taken over by immigrants.
The media in the US cant understand the popularity of Donald Trump but the masses support him because he is a man of action and speaks to the concerns of the people concerning borders. Look at the polls.
Someone is quoted as saying, "a nation without borders is not a nation"
Remember I'm an immigrant but I got here legally otherwise I wouldn't be here.
There are I think hundreds or thousands in France who forcing there way into the UK. Is anything being done to find a solution?
I dont put the complete blame on the invaders but mostly on the elected polititians.
Cheers

Last edited by cheers; Aug 25th 2015 at 12:33 am.
Old Aug 25th 2015, 9:08 am
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute

The answer for you Cheers is obvious. Stay in the USA. Do not come home.
Old Aug 25th 2015, 9:09 am
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute

Please.
Old Aug 25th 2015, 3:43 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheers

There are I think hundreds or thousands in France who forcing there way into the UK. Is anything being done to find a solution?
I dont put the complete blame on the invaders but mostly on the elected polititians.
Cheers
Grammar lessons?
Old Aug 25th 2015, 8:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute

Just found 1k airfare from Phx to Manchester on BA.. Sorely tempted.. Still going in summer as well. Want to go at Xmas to visit elderly friend..
Old Aug 27th 2015, 11:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

When you live in America you are aware of the illegal immigrant problem from one of the borders ---- Mexico, but America is in a good position where they can and do control who immigrates there from the rest of the world, but Europe and the UK unfortunately can't control E.U. nationals, they have the right to travel and live wherever they want throughout the EU countries including the UK,
But now this latest problem of all the so called refugees coming into Europe from Syria and a host of countries in boats crammed full of 400 to 600 each boat, risking there lives on the high seas, thousands have drowned so far, and already 107,000 people have made it to Europe, and the number is growing every day,
I understand that most of them I think are just so desperate that there escaping ISA and the talaban, they just want to live!!!! but lots are just leaving other countries cause they are tired of living in poverty ----- much the same as the Mexicans really!!!!
Old Aug 27th 2015, 11:34 am
Was in Canada, now home.

Another candidate for remedial English.
Old Aug 27th 2015, 1:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond reputeBud the Wiser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Editha
apt
Attached Thumbnails Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up-8.jpg  
Old Aug 27th 2015, 2:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

YOUR VERY RUDE INDEED, MOLES ----- PEOPLE LIKE YOU GET OFF ON PUTTING OTHER PEOPLE DOWN, ------- now where did I put my insect spray?
Old Aug 27th 2015, 3:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jasper123
YOUR VERY RUDE INDEED, MOLES ----- PEOPLE LIKE YOU GET OFF ON PUTTING OTHER PEOPLE DOWN, ------- now where did I put my insect spray?
what does insect spray have to with disposing of moles?
The spelling police are always watching because they're bored.

Last edited by Pica; Aug 27th 2015 at 3:23 pm.
Old Aug 27th 2015, 3:54 pm
ForeverRoamin.

S.& J.V. has a reputation beyond reputeS.& J.V. has a reputation beyond reputeS.& J.V. has a reputation beyond reputeS.& J.V. has a reputation beyond reputeS.& J.V. has a reputation beyond reputeS.& J.V. has a reputation beyond reputeS.& J.V. has a reputation beyond reputeS.& J.V. has a reputation beyond reputeS.& J.V. has a reputation beyond reputeS.& J.V. has a reputation beyond reputeS.& J.V. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pica
what does insect spray have to with disposing of moles?
The spelling police are always watching because they're bored.

Love all this - especially the "smilies"...I'm always getting a telling off from people on here for using them too liberally so nice to see someone else doing so
I police my own spelling, but often my clumsy typing results in unwanted blunders & some unusual looking words so perhaps that is the reason for other peopke dong it too ????blink:......& all I came to this thread for was...errmmm, Oh yes= to see what other people have to say about moving back
Old Aug 27th 2015, 4:21 pm
Was in Canada, now home.

I don't think that this longstanding thread is the right one for political debate of immigration issues. And I find it quite offensive that some people are trying to take it over for that purpose. Take it somewhere else.

Last edited by Editha; Aug 27th 2015 at 5:45 pm. Reason: Tautology - maybe I need remedial English.
Old Aug 27th 2015, 4:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

Totally agree but maybe you encouraged the diversion with your previous comments?

Last edited by Pica; Aug 27th 2015 at 4:29 pm.
Old Aug 27th 2015, 4:38 pm
Was in Canada, now home.

I was trying to provide the discouragement without engaging in the debate. Jasper failed to take the hint.
Old Aug 27th 2015, 4:50 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

I was trying to provide the discouragement without engaging in the debate. Jasper failed to take the hint.
Are you still enjoying your job at the cattery?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.