Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Old Apr 11th 2014, 5:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Islandwoman120....such beautiful pictures you are so lucky to be able to enjoy it. Don't waste a day....I have not copied the picture will be in touch if I cant follow your instructions thanks for the help....
Not only do you have wonderful scenery but you have Radio 2 which I am listening to and when thats finished I shall listen to Mystery Radio.....

Today I would say is the first day of Spring for us....warm weather, warm breeze and blue sky's. No daffodills up yet but can see the shoots coming through. I think some little animal in back garden has eaten some of my bulbs....

Pollyana....I have a solution, when all else fails build a tunnel

Cheers....My brother is 79 he is not doing well he now has pnemonia and MRSA I think thats what they called it. If he does improve he will never go home he will have to go into a nursing home. Apparently when he first arrived at the hospital they missed one proceedure that they should have done which would have lessoned his chances of being paralized not sure what it was...To late now......
Old Apr 11th 2014, 5:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

between two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond repute

trotty, great to "see" you, so sorry about your brother.

So glad you are finally seeing signs of spring there. Here today in Gloucestershire it's a lovely spring day.

We have just moved into a larger flat as the one we've had for ten years was fine when visiting from the US but not big enough when both of us living here full time and both at home all day, as DH has taken early retirement.....!!

Moving is ghastly but we are settling in now and there is a lovely window from which we can see some green English hills.....

...well of course they are greener than ever, after the non-stop rain all through January and February!

They say the weather will get colder and rainier again, and on Easter Sunday it may well be chilly and wet....oh well, it's lovely to be here anyway!
Old Apr 11th 2014, 6:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

between two worlds.....Yes it good to be back with the living. Very sad about my brother. I make the best of the situation and keep busy thats the key to getting through tough times. I have lots to be thankful for BBC Radio, I Player, lots of books to read and Spring is here. My daughter lives around teh corner. I have the heat off and the windows open. Enjoy your new home. Are you renting or buying. I know if we were to return I would now rent not buy.
Old Apr 11th 2014, 6:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

between two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trottytrue
between two worlds.....Yes it good to be back with the living. Very sad about my brother. I make the best of the situation and keep busy thats the key to getting through tough times. I have lots to be thankful for BBC Radio, I Player, lots of books to read and Spring is here. My daughter lives around teh corner. I have the heat off and the windows open. Enjoy your new home. Are you renting or buying. I know if we were to return I would now rent not buy.
We bought. Not sure if the right thing as it does tie you down. But in a very desirable town where there isn't enough housing stock for the demand, and prices are rising, so we probably could sell again if we want or need to....we did think abt renting and in many ways it's better, you are freer.
Old Apr 11th 2014, 8:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

between two worlds....We were in the same situation here. We really didnt want to buy but in the area we wanted nothing was up for rent or it was really expensive. In the end we bought in an area that is really a sellable area, good for Schools, shopping and close to highways. Unlike the other house we had in Fremont. Not a good school district and when we were selling not many shops but since we moved they have built a whole new shopping centre.
Old Apr 11th 2014, 8:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

when does Rodney leave for the US.....Was it May.
Old Apr 11th 2014, 9:36 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

I think it is. I haven't seen him around much, so I hope he just busy packing his suitcase.
Old Apr 13th 2014, 8:55 am
BE Forum Addict

islandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond repute

If you are longing for spring flowers, have a look:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/island...7643881615154/
Old Apr 13th 2014, 8:56 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

You rotter.
Old Apr 13th 2014, 8:57 am
BE Forum Addict

islandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
You rotter.
Who is that aimed at? Moi in sunny Devon or someone else? Do tell.
Old Apr 13th 2014, 11:23 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by islandwoman120
If you are longing for spring flowers, have a look:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/island...7643881615154/
Lovely pics, just been for a walk through our local park and seen most of those, and the rhododendrons are really starting to come out well.
Old Apr 15th 2014, 12:14 am
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Oh my gosh!!! Is he moving back or is it a holiday?
Old Apr 15th 2014, 12:15 am
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by islandwoman120
Thanks for the nice comments. I take many photos with all of you in mind. I know I am fortunate to live where I do, and I don't mind sharing my happiness.
Lovely photos - and they make me want to live there!!!
Old Apr 15th 2014, 12:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by deepcpearl
Why look for a job? You've listed 2 lines of work there that are feasible to be run as self-employed jobs (you probably don't want to be building any ongoing business right now), and even the executive assistant job you could do as a virtual assistant online from home. If you have 3 strings to your bow, that's more than most people. In your position, I would be advertising like crazy to offer my services, never mind looking for a job.

Plus working on a self-employed basis, you could choose to live somewhere more to your liking than Denver.
Yes, you are quite right. However, I won't be known over there and it would take a while to get freelance work going to the point it could pay the bills. I do plan to do it but I think I also need a full-time job at first.
Old Apr 15th 2014, 7:59 am
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by windsong
Oh my gosh!!! Is he moving back or is it a holiday?
Just for a holiday

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.