Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Old Oct 10th 2013, 8:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

So how do you all feel about the Downton Abbey episode last Sunday?

If I can give you my thoughts? I think it was unfortunate to bring in that incident. ( I read about it in the online newspapers)

Cheers
Old Oct 10th 2013, 8:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

aries has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheers
Hey Windsong, can you tell me something about the cat world?

Example. There is a female cat that lives in the bushes in my garden and she brushes by my pant leg continually. She let me pick her up for the first time a few minutes ago. So what goes?

Cheers
You've found yourself a feline girlfriend
Old Oct 10th 2013, 9:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aries
You've found yourself a feline girlfriend
You could be right because I studied up on cats and it said they study you and manipulate and train you. I'm in training
Old Oct 11th 2013, 12:12 am
BE Enthusiast

TheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond repute

Example. There is a female cat that lives in the bushes in my garden and she brushes by my pant leg continually. She let me pick her up for the first time a few minutes ago. So what goes?

Cheers
This means: 'ello darlin' bring me food.
Old Oct 11th 2013, 8:09 am
BE Forum Addict

islandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheEmperorIsNaked
Old Oct 11th 2013, 2:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by TheEmperorIsNaked
Or.....let me pass some of my favorite fleas your way..
Old Oct 12th 2013, 1:24 am
BE Enthusiast

TheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond reputeTheEmperorIsNaked has a reputation beyond repute

Or.....let me pass some of my favorite fleas your way..
How right you are!! Very many moons ago, myself and the childy started to get itchy red blotchy marks, the OH nowt! It got worserer and worsererer...

I had a lass coming in to clean in those days, and she discovered a stray cat on the drainer which shot out through a small skylight window that we kept open because it was high up. (She had repeatedly cleaned mucky marks of the lower pane and we didn't know how they got there....)

The house had a severe infestation of flees. Me an' de kid, had to have treatment which included some type of injection, and the house was vacated for intensive fumigation.

I refused to go back and didn't return for 3 months.

Disclaimer: not all cats are fleebe's... though it is wise to check them because they can pick up the blighters-same as dogs.

My visitor was the 'mangy stray' type, poor thing, who decided that he/she could escape the cold at whim. Something we found out the hard way.
It was horrific at the time though. 'The Health' said it was the worst infestation they had dealt with.
Old Oct 12th 2013, 3:09 am
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by windsong
I have wanted to go back for SO many years - and it will happen in the not too distant future - but even now I feel nerves about it all. ANY big change, whether desired or not, can be nerve-wracking, so go easy on yourselves.
Thanks Windsong, I needed to hear that I don't show my fears like my OH (I keep them inside) and have also been nervous because finally it may become a reality! How are you doing?
Old Oct 13th 2013, 2:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers
Hi Cheers

I think she likes you. Maybe you could take her in and give her a nice home. She's clearly been around humans (or she would run from you) so perhaps she is lost.
Old Oct 13th 2013, 2:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by feelbritish
Thanks Windsong, I needed to hear that I don't show my fears like my OH (I keep them inside) and have also been nervous because finally it may become a reality! How are you doing?
I am ok. I am steadily making moves to go back home - getting rid of things, etc. It's a long process. Trying to stay positive, though.
Old Oct 14th 2013, 12:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up-img_0374.jpg

Corwyn, North Wales. June 17, 2013
Old Oct 14th 2013, 12:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up-img_0369.jpg

Experimenting
Old Oct 16th 2013, 3:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Can anyone report any rain your way?

I see its raining in London.

Cheers and stay warm where ever you are.
Old Oct 16th 2013, 4:57 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Can anyone report any rain your way?

I see its raining in London.

Cheers and stay warm where ever you are.
Yes, just started about an hour ago.
Old Oct 16th 2013, 5:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lf1
Yes, just started about an hour ago.
Wish I was there!

I think you live in the Borders, am I right?

If so, how close will you be to the new railway stations?

Cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.