Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Wikiposts

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Old Sep 11th 2013, 8:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

bandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Originally Posted by feelbritish
And we're all singing at the tops of our voices!
Old Sep 11th 2013, 11:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jasper123
Great Pauline that you still kept your UK old paper licence, you should have no probs at all renewing it for a new photo licence, good for you!!!!
I still have mine, although I have not driven over there since 1981 - yikes!
Old Sep 12th 2013, 12:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bandrui
And we're all singing at the tops of our voices!
+1
Old Sep 13th 2013, 1:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

So Mummies husband should have joined her now in North Wales.

Quiet here, yes?

Any rain? We've had about 6 days of rain along with thunder. It was wonderful. The temps have dropped to below 100 fortunately.
Old Sep 13th 2013, 7:40 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheers

Quiet here, yes?

Any rain? We've had about 6 days of rain along with thunder. It was wonderful. The temps have dropped to below 100 fortunately.
Monday night.
Old Sep 14th 2013, 9:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quiet here, yes?

Glad you enjoyed the rain cheers where you are and the temps are dropping below 100 reminds me of Vegas, which these days I hardly spare a thought to
Here today all over UK the temps were bang on 60 for a high!!! I love it, its been a dry warm sunny summer this year, but the last few days we have had a few down pours, which is a welcome relief, and the garden loves all that rain, and so do I
Old Sep 16th 2013, 7:49 am
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

2013 Life in America.

I just got off the phone with American Express. Have you ever had a conversation with corporate America with the representative being gushy? It was sickening!

"Have a very wonderful day" and it went on and on. Why?
Old Sep 16th 2013, 7:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jasper123
Glad you enjoyed the rain cheers where you are and the temps are dropping below 100 reminds me of Vegas, which these days I hardly spare a thought to
Here today all over UK the temps were bang on 60 for a high!!! I love it, its been a dry warm sunny summer this year, but the last few days we have had a few down pours, which is a welcome relief, and the garden loves all that rain, and so do I
I'm jealous! We are over the rain now and the temperatures are falling to less than 100 and down to the 60's during the night.

I was down in Las Vegas last Thursday. No change. Same old traffic jams.

A friend told me that the Farmers Almanac says we are going to have a more than normal amount of snow this winter.

Rosie, how are your plans coming for moving to that flat in Frome?

Cheers
Old Sep 16th 2013, 8:03 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

2013 Life in America.

I just got off the phone with American Express. Have you ever had a conversation with corporate America with the representative being gushy? It was sickening!

Probably over-medicated.
Old Sep 16th 2013, 9:24 am
BE Forum Addict

islandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond repute

Rosie, how are your plans coming for moving to that flat in Frome?

Cheers
I did not say I was definitely moving - I said I was looking at a flat. I looked, did not like, did not take. Still at the seaside.
Old Sep 16th 2013, 10:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by islandwoman120
I did not say I was definitely moving - I said I was looking at a flat. I looked, did not like, did not take. Still at the seaside.
Yey!

I knew that and I was just trying to be brief. Thanks for the update.
Old Sep 16th 2013, 10:57 am
BE Forum Addict

2nd item on life in America.

Just watching the news on the shooting in the Washington Shipyard. I had to quit watching. There are so many what appears to be "John Wayne" type people on the loose in the law and all of them have there personal assign cars with pretty red and blue lights on them to show how important they are. I think the job is so boring that when there is an event they all go charging to the front. Overkill as always.

The top news guy was interviewing the Secretary of the Navy and one or both of them appear to be on drugs or something because the interview was crazy, example, "the shooter was a aviation technician", response "he was a ships technician". Hello is anyone home? The Secretary appeared to be bombed out from the answered he gave to the questions. (And we were considering bombing Syria??)

Note. We have to bomb Syria because of all the innocent women and children dying daily in the US cities such as Chicago, New York and Detroit. Think about it.

I was relieved that they listen to the American people who overwhelmingly said NO. So next time they won't ask the American people and go ahead and bomb.
Old Sep 16th 2013, 4:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

2013 Life in America.

Cos they want your Business & Money...
Old Sep 16th 2013, 4:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute

2nd item on life in America.

Just watching the news on the shooting in the Washington Shipyard. I had to quit watching. There are so many what appears to be "John Wayne" type people on the loose in the law and all of them have there personal assign cars with pretty red and blue lights on them to show how important they are. I think the job is so boring that when there is an event they all go charging to the front. Overkill as always.

The top news guy was interviewing the Secretary of the Navy and one or both of them appear to be on drugs or something because the interview was crazy, example, "the shooter was a aviation technician", response "he was a ships technician". Hello is anyone home? The Secretary appeared to be bombed out from the answered he gave to the questions. (And we were considering bombing Syria??)

Note. We have to bomb Syria because of all the innocent women and children dying daily in the US cities such as Chicago, New York and Detroit. Think about it.

I was relieved that they listen to the American people who overwhelmingly said NO. So next time they won't ask the American people and go ahead and bomb.
Finally Americans are realising that war costs lives and money, I wished they'd thought about that before rushing into Iraq Etc... so many people back then were so rah rah about winning wars... huhhhhh...

So many innocent people Die, Life is precious, if it was happening here there would be no Wars...

Lets hope this all gets sorted out by talking and agreements.
Old Sep 17th 2013, 3:18 am
BE Enthusiast

J.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fish n Chips 56
Finally Americans are realising that war costs lives and money, I wished they'd thought about that before rushing into Iraq Etc... so many people back then were so rah rah about winning wars... huhhhhh...

So many innocent people Die, Life is precious, if it was happening here there would be no Wars...

Lets hope this all gets sorted out by talking and agreements.
Yes, less of the gung-ho would not be a bad thing for the US. PM Cameron was coming across as very gung-ho on bombing Syria too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.