Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Old Aug 27th 2013, 2:23 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Originally Posted by lf1
The new season of Doc Martin starts next Monday, 2 Sept on ITV @ 9 pm.
Hit pause for me, I'll be a few days late getting back.
Old Aug 27th 2013, 7:29 am
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
Hit pause for me, I'll be a few days late getting back.
Will do! If that fails, you can see it on the ITV player on your PC/Tablet/TV.
Counting the days now
Old Aug 29th 2013, 8:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jasper123
Monique, I WILL be posting on here in three years as long as this thread is still here, I will be 71 then, I will be looking forward to your visit,
Take care,
Rodney.
Anyone heard anything from Monique lately? (perthhomeschool) she went to Australia with her kids and hubby for a 3 year contract, hubbys Job!!!

Last edited by jasper123; Aug 29th 2013 at 9:00 pm.
Old Aug 29th 2013, 9:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute

I thought she lived in the States and was moving back to UK? I have not been keeping up much this summer due to work pressure!
Old Aug 29th 2013, 10:08 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

I have booked my flights! Big sigh of relief. Dd and I fly out next Wednesday on Virgin from San Francisco to Heathrow, then onto Manchester. They were $1000 less for the two of us over the same tickets on British Airways.
I'm all a flutter here, feels more real than when we sent all our stuff off with the shippers.
Old Aug 29th 2013, 10:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute

I have booked my flights! Big sigh of relief. Dd and I fly out next Wednesday on Virgin from San Francisco to Heathrow, then onto Manchester. They were $1000 less for the two of us over the same tickets on British Airways.
I'm all a flutter here, feels more real than when we sent all our stuff off with the shippers.
Gosh - I didn't realize that you were leaving already!! How exciting for you. All the best to you, hubby and family for your new life in the UK.
Old Aug 29th 2013, 11:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond repute

How exciting......it all happened so fast. I wish you all the best of everything and safe travels. I still hope to make it this year xx
Old Aug 29th 2013, 11:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

Mummy in the foothills.....Have a wonderful flight and just think the whole of the rest of your life lies ahead of you. I am really happy for you.... Now the fun begins........
Old Aug 30th 2013, 12:18 am
BE Enthusiast

NiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond repute

Mummy in the Foothills,

Congratulations!! So happy for you, please keep updating us as you settle into your new life!!
Old Aug 30th 2013, 12:27 am
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Did you buy a round trip ticket to save money?
Did you fill a container with your household goods.
I hate to see you go because so many on here we don't hear from after they are back and you are one of the best contributors.
I'm shocked now that you are going so soon.
Conway here you come. Or is it Corwyn?
Cheers
Old Aug 30th 2013, 1:41 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Originally Posted by cheers
Did you buy a round trip ticket to save money?
Did you fill a container with your household goods.
I hate to see you go because so many on here we don't hear from after they are back and you are one of the best contributors.
I'm shocked now that you are going so soon.
Conway here you come. Or is it Corwyn?
Cheers
Yes, lots cheaper for return tickets
Yes (that was stressful on it's own)
Yes, Conwy. I've never even been to Corwen, but I'll put it on the list, Mum has in laws there so we should go.
Can't wait now I was all thumbs booking, worried my CC would put a halt to it like they did last time and call me to report fraudulent activity
I'm booking Dh's tomorrow, he's a week behind me cause of work.

How to get your kids to talk to you on facebook messenger.
1 book tickets to UK
2 tell them you need a ride from the airport
3 make sure you haven't seen them in forever so they actually miss you
4 Get their grandma involved.
Score!
Thanks all for all the well wishes. I'll put the flight on Tracker, Bromleygirl is ahead of me she said Monday flight.
Old Aug 30th 2013, 2:36 am
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

Jasper23....Perthhomeschool....Is living in the US been here for 30 years according to her posts. She is moving back with her US husband and 20year old daughter. I think she was undecided at to were she wanted to live. But I think Scotland was one of her choices.

I dont suppose anyone as heard from Easterndawn....I would love to know how she is doing. I think of her with her little Scottie Dog. I do hope she is alright.
Old Aug 30th 2013, 2:54 am
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, lots cheaper for return tickets
Yes (that was stressful on it's own)
Yes, Conwy. I've never even been to Corwen, but I'll put it on the list, Mum has in laws there so we should go.
Can't wait now I was all thumbs booking, worried my CC would put a halt to it like they did last time and call me to report fraudulent activity
I'm booking Dh's tomorrow, he's a week behind me cause of work.

How to get your kids to talk to you on facebook messenger.
1 book tickets to UK
2 tell them you need a ride from the airport
3 make sure you haven't seen them in forever so they actually miss you
4 Get their grandma involved.
Score!
Thanks all for all the well wishes. I'll put the flight on Tracker, Bromleygirl is ahead of me she said Monday flight.
I get the two towns mixed up, sorry.
I have spent 2 hours just now on Rightmove and looking at Conwy and I like what I see.
I have a good recollection from being there in June.
What I like, besides the reasonable houses, is the neighborhoods don't look industrial. That means the homeowners don't use their front for pilling junk including many cars, vans and caravans.

I noticed that you have moved across the ocean several times, as my mother did, so are you going back permanently? Or is that the plan at this point?

I can't remember if you are going to rent or buy?

Cheers
Old Aug 30th 2013, 3:01 am
BE Forum Addict

I was in Corwen in June because I took the train from Llangollen. I might be wrong because maybe the train hasn't been extended that far. We turned around someplace and we never left the station so I don't know if it was Corwen or not.
Old Aug 30th 2013, 3:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

All the best, Mummy!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.