Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Old Apr 29th 2011, 6:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread

Beedybya....As of tomorrow I am on a diet. My daughter bought the book that Catherine and her Mother went on to lose weight but she said it was not a diet you could stick to.

I think 90% of the guests look stunning whether they were skinny or plump they just looked good. The hats were wonderful apart from a couple. It will be interesting to see how the press reacts to it all. I hope they leave the newly weds alone to get on with life for a few years.

I think Diana would be watching down on them and smiling. I think she did a great job with them and I think Prince Charles stepped up to the plate after she died and did a good job. They are two well rounded young men.

Princess Anne's daughter is getting married in a couple of months. Her young man could do with a nose job. How many times has he had it broken. Still love is blind.
Old Apr 29th 2011, 6:20 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trottytrue
Princess Anne's daughter is getting married in a couple of months. Her young man could do with a nose job. How many times has he had it broken. Still love is blind.
Oh was that the guy they kept showing with the shaved head? He looked like he'd gatecrashed from some council estate in Oldham
Old Apr 29th 2011, 6:21 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trottytrue
Beedybya....As of tomorrow I am on a diet. My daughter bought the book that Catherine and her Mother went on to lose weight but she said it was not a diet you could stick to.

I think 90% of the guests look stunning whether they were skinny or plump they just looked good. The hats were wonderful apart from a couple. It will be interesting to see how the press reacts to it all. I hope they leave the newly weds alone to get on with life for a few years.

I think Diana would be watching down on them and smiling. I think she did a great job with them and I think Prince Charles stepped up to the plate after she died and did a good job. They are two well rounded young men.

Agreed TT, and I did remark to my mum that there were no obese people there as is often said about the great British public. I haven't heard of this diet book but I bet they don't pop into Greggs for a pastie LOL!!

I think Camilla has been good for the boys too because at least she made their dad happy, and I have to admit to being terribly against her at the beginning but I like many others have kind of warmed to her.

Yes Zara is getting married, but they did say today that her fiancee will not be getting his nose fixed until after he has finished playing rugby, well it would be a waste of money LOL!!

Now I am watching a programme about how to nab a prince, so funny they have got a TV presenter on dressing her in the Kate way, cost about £8000 for her casual clothes, now she is having elocution/right word lessons ha ha, she is a Northener!!

You do not say dessert, you say pudding, you do not say mirror, you say looking glass, you do not say couch, you say sofa, you do not say toilet, you say lavatory and so on..................too funny!!

Last edited by Beedubya; Apr 29th 2011 at 6:25 pm.
Old Apr 29th 2011, 6:22 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
Oh was that the guy they kept showing with the shaved head? He looked like he'd gatecrashed from some council estate in Oldham
He is a famous rugby player LOL!!
Old Apr 29th 2011, 6:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beedubya
I agree about some of the hats but heck there were some stunners there, can't wait for the fashion disection now.

And although Posh Spice didn't smile she did look utterly beautiful, loved her hat but not the beige one of the princess, can't remember her name but one of Fergie's two.

And weren't Kate's mum and sister sooooo slender and good looking?
I think Kate and Wills will make beautiful children together unless there is some throwback LOL!!
Kate's mum is a lovely looking woman - not sure how old she is - mid 50s maybe? I loved her outfit - very classy!!
Old Apr 29th 2011, 6:27 pm
Home Sweet Home

Re the "correct" way of saying things, it seems that you use words in the old way, not in the new way.................remember this if you want to nab Prince Harry.
Old Apr 29th 2011, 6:29 pm
Home Sweet Home

Originally Posted by Derrygal
Kate's mum is a lovely looking woman - not sure how old she is - mid 50s maybe? I loved her outfit - very classy!!
She looked gorgeous and a very classy outfit. I remarked to my mum that Kate didn't seem to have any grand-parents like Wills, did anybody see any?
Old Apr 29th 2011, 6:40 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Derrygal
I think she spells her name Catherine with a C, but calls herself Kate with a K. Yes - you're right about William and Harry - Diana did a great job - they are fine young men - she would be proud of them. I must admit, I shed a few tears, thinking of Diana today!
You are right, catherine with a "C" - looks like it's me that will get sent to the tower.

As for Mike Tindall (Zara's fiance), he reminded me of my students - every time the camera was on him, he was yakking or looking around instead of paying attention or singing a hymn like everyone else.

Bloody commoners.
Old Apr 29th 2011, 6:47 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving
I think polygamy is illegal in the UK, even for the Royals. Now incest is a different thing - cousins, nephews, nieces, they've married them all (which I think explains why some of them are a bit crazy - maybe that explains the silly hats).

... and it's Katherine, with a K. Mind you don't get sent to the Tower.

But yes, the whole day was really quite touching and heartening. I think Princess Di can take a lot of credit for this generation of Royals being quite normal and likeable. The ending with the little sports car said it all - nothing pretentious or stuck-up about William, Harry, or Kate.
Uh-oh, spoke too soon:

"The couple are also possibly twelfth cousins once removed, ..."

I'm sure they will have lovely babies.
Old Apr 29th 2011, 6:55 pm

anishq is just really niceanishq is just really niceanishq is just really niceanishq is just really niceanishq is just really niceanishq is just really niceanishq is just really niceanishq is just really niceanishq is just really nice

Originally Posted by bandrui
That's very interesting Bee. Hopefully the Archbishop of Canterbury will have his beard and hair trimmed before the ceremony. What a mess!

Stephen Harper (PM of Canada) was invited but declined because we are in the midst of a General Election (May 2). Hopefully he'll be gone.
Re. first para. ...What about his eyebrows - almost as long as his beard.
Old Apr 29th 2011, 7:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
I love it
Old Apr 29th 2011, 7:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

My DW was watching this program on TV while I dozed off and it could explain why Kates relatives were not there.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/meet-the-middletons
Old Apr 29th 2011, 7:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...leans-act.html

Kates uncle and younger brother.
Old Apr 29th 2011, 8:10 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

The British Monarchy (facebook page) have already put the days photos on flikr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/britishmonarchy
The wedding cake looks amazing.

Last edited by Mummy in the foothills; Apr 29th 2011 at 8:14 pm.
Old Apr 29th 2011, 8:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Englishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to behold

Lovely Jubbly wasn't it ?

Was Harry there with his South African chick ( shes rather a hottie ) ?

Where are they jaunting off to for the honeymoon ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.