Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Over 40's Moving Back and Catching Up

Old Apr 19th 2011, 5:27 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Off-topic posts from over 50's/60's thread

Originally Posted by ldyinlv
I have to say that I am getting tired of people getting shuffled off to another thread if a few people dont agree with their opinions or views. What is this now the 4th thread?? I think we have kind of lost the point of an open forum..
Jackie.....ps. Lovely day here in Lincolnshire..
Nothing to do with shuffling at all. It was either move the threads out of the main thread, because the disagreements were derailing the thread (and we were getting complaints), or I could of just deleted them

So rather than delete posts I like to err on the side of caution and move them to a thread of their own so if people want to continue the discussions they are free to do so. But believe me I don't like doing it. I'd rather just delete them ... less work for me then

I can't win for loosing really can I
Old Apr 19th 2011, 5:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

islandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond reputeislandwoman120 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue
Nothing to do with shuffling at all. It was either move the threads out of the main thread, because the disagreements were derailing the thread (and we were getting complaints), or I could of just deleted them

So rather than delete posts I like to err on the side of caution and move them to a thread of their own so if people want to continue the discussions they are free to do so. But believe me I don't like doing it. I'd rather just delete them ... less work for me then

I can't win for loosing really can I
Seems you can't win Sue. I was one of the people asking for them to be moved, so you can all direct your anger at me instead of Sue. I am one of the people who got fired at too often - I had private conversations with the 'offending parties' as I still have a few manners left, but that did not help - in fact it made matters worse. So I dropped out of sight. But I resented that, as I loved being on here with people who had supported me through some very dark days last year, and I felt the loss. And no, I cannot just gloss over postings which hurt me and others, I feel deeply. So if you are lucky enough to have either large shoulders or can shed barbs like water off a duck's back, good for you - I am not made that way. But now I no longer care - fire away, I will ignore you now. I am finally secure in being in the UK and if you need any information from me, then send me a PM just as a few people continue to do, whether I post or not. I am still subscribed to the threads.
Old Apr 19th 2011, 5:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

ldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond reputeldyinlv has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by islandwoman120
Seems you can't win Sue. I was one of the people asking for them to be moved, so you can all direct your anger at me instead of Sue. I am one of the people who got fired at too often - I had private conversations with the 'offending parties' as I still have a few manners left, but that did not help - in fact it made matters worse. So I dropped out of sight. But I resented that, as I loved being on here with people who had supported me through some very dark days last year, and I felt the loss. And no, I cannot just gloss over postings which hurt me and others, I feel deeply. So if you are lucky enough to have either large shoulders or can shed barbs like water off a duck's back, good for you - I am not made that way. But now I no longer care - fire away, I will ignore you now. I am finally secure in being in the UK and if you need any information from me, then send me a PM just as a few people continue to do, whether I post or not. I am still subscribed to the threads.
I apprecate all you do Sue, just never sure where to go when I get on now. I am not on as often as I used to be, and when I do manage to be here, everyone is fighting and moved somewhere else.. I understand you are just trying to keep everyone happy.
Jackie
Old Apr 19th 2011, 5:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

So who can bring Easterner, DDL and Islandwoman back on here?

I want to know about the wee dog and the commute and the car buying and the family in Canada.

DDL I want to know about the new job and house search.

Islandwoman I want to know how you are doing in the Blue House and Salisbury and the countryside.

Did I leave anyone out?

Cheers

Incidently I thought there was a new thread started to investigate or get input looking for a house that would be a halfway house for returning Expats. I never saw it but I thought it was suggested
Old Apr 19th 2011, 5:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK-Silly Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread

Originally Posted by Beedubya
When I was looking at house shares, one of the ads boasted they had a yurt in the garden, I had to google that one!!
and?????
Old Apr 19th 2011, 6:14 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK-Silly Chit-Chat & Daily Catch-Up Thread

Originally Posted by cheers
and?????
and I was educated by now knowing what a yurt is.
Old Apr 19th 2011, 6:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

I wanted to know what you found out about what a Yurt is.

and also if that policy came in the mail(post) today.

and how the interviews went yesterday.

Cheers.
Old Apr 19th 2011, 6:47 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

I wanted to know what you found out about what a Yurt is.

and also if that policy came in the mail(post) today.

and how the interviews went yesterday.

Cheers.
Yurt is a little hut.

NO policy did NOT come.

Still interviewing.
Old Apr 19th 2011, 6:57 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

So who can bring Easterner, DDL and Islandwoman back on here?

I want to know about the wee dog and the commute and the car buying and the family in Canada.

DDL I want to know about the new job and house search.

Islandwoman I want to know how you are doing in the Blue House and Salisbury and the countryside.

Did I leave anyone out?

Cheers

Incidently I thought there was a new thread started to investigate or get input looking for a house that would be a halfway house for returning Expats. I never saw it but I thought it was suggested
You could always start one if you can't find one that fits the bill?
Old Apr 19th 2011, 7:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers.

http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cms_ia...alert_107.html

I wonder how many Government bureaucrats it took to research all that data. And they wonder why we are in such a mess and losing money.

How did we ever survive as children with all the dangerous things we ate.

While they were searching for these Kinder eggs how many people did they let through with really dangerous items in their luggage.
Old Apr 19th 2011, 7:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Beedubya
Yurt is a little hut.

NO policy did NOT come.

Still interviewing.
Tarr ducks
Old Apr 19th 2011, 7:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

I've heard that chocolate is great as a face mask then you eat it.
Old Apr 19th 2011, 7:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

We could always beg them to come back There is so much they have to offer.

Islandwomen120..So pleased that you are content, are you going to post some more pictures.
Old Apr 19th 2011, 7:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by trottytrue
We could always beg them to come back There is so much they have to offer.

Islandwomen120..So pleased that you are content, are you going to post some more pictures.
Did you see the ones she posted a couple of days ago from her trip to Salisbury?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/islandw...7626469605960/

Last edited by cheers; Apr 19th 2011 at 7:26 pm.
Old Apr 19th 2011, 7:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Cheers..No I didnt I am in the middle of getting the house ready for another showing tonight I get exhausted from cleaning Which thread was it posted on

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.