Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

out of status marriage-somebody help

out of status marriage-somebody help

Old Jan 22nd 2004, 11:24 am
Just Joined

ksanju is an unknown quantity at this point
Default out of status marriage-somebody help

I was on transit visa with i94 for 29 days which is now expired.I have been in u.s. for 2 years now.
I have a girlfriend who is a citizen.If we get married will our marriage be aceppted.will I be deported?ksanju
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 11:35 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: out of status marriage-somebody help

ksanju,

Consult with an attorney who is a member of the AILA, preferably one who has a lot of experience with marriage-based (as opposed to employment-based) immigration.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by ksanju
I was on transit visa with i94 for 29 days which is now expired.I have been in u.s. for 2 years now.
I have a girlfriend who is a citizen.If we get married will our marriage be aceppted.will I be deported?ksanju
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 11:50 am
Living in Milwaukee, USA!

mcjimbo will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
ksanju,

Consult with an attorney who is a member of the AILA, preferably one who has a lot of experience with marriage-based (as opposed to employment-based) immigration.

Regards, JEff
Folinskyinla is the man to ask.
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 12:47 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mcjimbo
Folinskyinla is the man to ask.
Mr. Folinskyinla does not accept questions directly soley at him. To suggest that the poster do this is counterproductive for them.

Since they entered legally they can apply. Will it be successful? They should at least consult on a paying basis with an immigration attorney for legal advice pertaining to their case.

Rete
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 1:43 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ksanju
Hi:

What KIND of transit visa? You don't say. The 29 days suggests "crewman" and that can be trouble. If you had the garden variety "C-1" and purpose was to change flights -- just might be OK. If you were on a "D" visa or on a"C-1" in connection with being airline or ship crew -- you probably will have a big problem.

These cases can be quite fact dependent and are not fit for disucssion on an NG.
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 1:48 pm
Living in Milwaukee, USA!

mcjimbo will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Rete
Mr. Folinskyinla does not accept questions directly soley at him. To suggest that the poster do this is counterproductive for them.

Since they entered legally they can apply. Will it be successful? They should at least consult on a paying basis with an immigration attorney for legal advice pertaining to their case.

Rete
Sorry! Just stating the fact that he knows what he's talking about. I'm not encouraging the user to PM or email him.
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 2:15 am
Just Joined

ksanju is an unknown quantity at this point

well you are correct.I was on c1/d visa.I just wanna marry and I am not interested in any status as long as the marriage is accepted and I am not deported.