Wikiposts

Our update

Old Nov 24th 2010, 7:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

geeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Our update

We've been back in the UK for nearly 4 months now

My husband started his new job last week, he's very busy, the Yard has loads of yearlings at the moment. We've settled into our house, there's still stuff to be unpacked after our Worldly possessions were delivered, very promptly, last Friday. It's nice to have our bits and pieces, especially my kitchen gear. Money will be a bit tight in December, because husband will only get a couple of weeks' pay, because he started mid-month. We love the cottage and we're slowly getting used to storage heaters. Luckily, the walls here are about a foot thick and we have double glazing.

Our son has settled in very quickly at his second school in three months! He takes the coach from the village and can't wait to get out the door in the mornings. The school is old, but the buildings are brand new with all Mod Cons. He loves it there and I've been impressed so far. The strange boy is looking forward to his first Latin lesson tomorrow...go figure!

It's very cold here, and we may get some snow over the next few days. It's so nice to have proper winter weather instead of relentless Arizona sun. I've put in a claim for child benefits and am waiting for the forms for tax credits. I'm waiting to hear about an appointment with the Job Centre, nothing yet.

So, all in all, it's great to be back. Things might be a bit tight over Christmas but we'll get by.
Old Nov 24th 2010, 8:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Our update

Good to hear that things are beginning to settle into place for you! Kudos to your son for being so adaptable and isnt it great when kids find their feet in new surroundings.

I am sure with your skills, that the job will come along in the not too distant future!

Well done!!!
Old Nov 24th 2010, 8:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geeandtee

My husband started his new job last week, he's very busy, the Yard has loads of yearlings at the moment. We've settled into our house, there's still stuff to be unpacked after our Worldly possessions were delivered, very promptly, last Friday. It's nice to have our bits and pieces, especially my kitchen gear. Money will be a bit tight in December, because husband will only get a couple of weeks' pay, because he started mid-month. We love the cottage and we're slowly getting used to storage heaters. Luckily, the walls here are about a foot thick and we have double glazing.

Our son has settled in very quickly at his second school in three months! He takes the coach from the village and can't wait to get out the door in the mornings. The school is old, but the buildings are brand new with all Mod Cons. He loves it there and I've been impressed so far. The strange boy is looking forward to his first Latin lesson tomorrow...go figure!

It's very cold here, and we may get some snow over the next few days. It's so nice to have proper winter weather instead of relentless Arizona sun. I've put in a claim for child benefits and am waiting for the forms for tax credits. I'm waiting to hear about an appointment with the Job Centre, nothing yet.

So, all in all, it's great to be back. Things might be a bit tight over Christmas but we'll get by.
Well done...and glad to hear your settling down nicely. I just heard from the Family Allowance and we have been succesful with the application which is nice....and we also have been awarded EMA for one of our sons which helps with his everyday expenses....if you are waiting for the job centre appointment can you not phone them and make an appointment over the telephone...we did....it was in regards to our sons NHS numbers..we had to wait a few weeks for an appointment to suit both our sons but that was no problem....good luck and all the best
Old Nov 25th 2010, 12:07 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Oh well done, so nice to hear of people going back and settling right down into it. Christmas this year may not be quite so lavish as you have been used to, but you have the best present of all, you are home.......
Old Nov 25th 2010, 3:57 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

It sounds lovely and to have a child so happy to go off to school must feel wonderful. Have a great Christmas even if it is a little less lavish than years past.
Old Nov 25th 2010, 4:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

dontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud of

I am very happy for you both - good luck for the future. dontheturner ( soon to join you - February
Old Nov 25th 2010, 5:39 pm
Nyz
Forum Regular

Nyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond reputeNyz has a reputation beyond repute

That's so lovely to read. I wish I was moving home too!
Old Nov 25th 2010, 6:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

geeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you all.
I know I'll always be a bit worried. Hubby is working for a tough boss. He has a reputation of being a bit of a barsteward, but he also has a reputation of being one of the best payers in racing. Hubby is damned good at his job so I'm hoping we'll be here for a while.

We're very lucky to have an easy-going kid who seems to get on well with everyone. He can't wait to get off to school in the morning

As for my employment prospects, I'll hold off until after Christmas. I have an appointment with a former employer this morning, an architect's practice. I don't know why we're having a chat because he told me on the phone the other day that there's not much going on and that they're making enough just to cover running costs. But, if he can throw a few hundred quid's work a month my way, that would do me.

We're keeping our fingers crossed re Christmas. One of the good things about working in racing is the Christmas bonuses. The boss put three horses in hubby's barn the other day, saying that their owner is great at Christmas.
Old Nov 25th 2010, 8:21 pm
J.J
BE Enthusiast

J.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to allJ.J is a name known to all

Thank you all.
I know I'll always be a bit worried. Hubby is working for a tough boss. He has a reputation of being a bit of a barsteward, but he also has a reputation of being one of the best payers in racing. Hubby is damned good at his job so I'm hoping we'll be here for a while.
Hi, does your DH horses race at Fakenham ? Since we been back we have enjoyed visits there on race days, as a new and exciting experience in our new-old life, it would be added to fun to know we had less than 6 degrees separation from a horse some time.
Old Nov 25th 2010, 10:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Nice update and good luck.

the flat we've just moved into is so cosy because it has really good walls, double glazing which is very effective and underfloor heating (loverrly). But being only 3yrs old we also have, wait for it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,solar heating*

* it's 'solar assisted'
Old Nov 25th 2010, 10:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by J.J
Hi, does your DH horses race at Fakenham ? Since we been back we have enjoyed visits there on race days, as a new and exciting experience in our new-old life, it would be added to fun to know we had less than 6 degrees separation from a horse some time.
Oooh, Fakenham, that brings back some memories, I led a winner up there, way back in the mists of time.

Hubby works in a pre-training yard, they break in yearlings for racing yards. This yard is full of very well bred horses, seriously well bred. So no one goes racing, although, once they're sent to trainers, they'll end up on a racetrack somewhere.

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
Nice update and good luck.

the flat we've just moved into is so cosy because it has really good walls, double glazing which is very effective and underfloor heating (loverrly). But being only 3yrs old we also have, wait for it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,solar heating*

Underfloor heating is wonderful! We have it in the bathroom and the bathroom floor is the cat's favorite new place to hang out...I wonder why

* it's 'solar assisted'
Old Nov 25th 2010, 11:25 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

Good post Geeandtee, and good luck for the future