Our reccie trip

Old Mar 23rd 2008, 9:37 am
itchy feet again!

Jay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Our reccie trip

Been here three weeks and another to go, and I have to say the money spent on flights has been worth every Canadian cent. We now know where we want to be............so it's back to SW Ontario on 31st March, get the For Sale board on the front lawn, dispose of the worldly possessions we no longer want, pack the rest and head Home.
Strange to think that after all the excitement of going back to Canada, I now hate the thought of living there for the rest of my life. All I can say is I'm glad we scratched the itch, because now we know where we want to be. A strange sort of peace has settled over me now, because I know we're moving forward with our lives instead of putting up with what we had.
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

The Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to beholdThe Smiths is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Our reccie trip

Originally Posted by oldbag
Been here three weeks and another to go, and I have to say the money spent on flights has been worth every Canadian cent. We now know where we want to be............so it's back to SW Ontario on 31st March, get the For Sale board on the front lawn, dispose of the worldly possessions we no longer want, pack the rest and head Home.
Strange to think that after all the excitement of going back to Canada, I now hate the thought of living there for the rest of my life. All I can say is I'm glad we scratched the itch, because now we know where we want to be. A strange sort of peace has settled over me now, because I know we're moving forward with our lives instead of putting up with what we had.
Glad you've found a solution that's right for you.

Can I ask what happened on your reccie that sealed the deal?
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 10:47 am
BE Enthusiast

jojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond repute

Good for you, Oldbag (feels a bit rude calling you that!)

Hope your plans run smoothly and you manage to get home asap!!
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 10:59 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

That's great you've had a positive trip back. Sometimes it's hard to put into words just what feels so right about being back in the UK isn't it?

I hope everything goes well for you when you get back to Ontario and the house sells quickly
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 2:11 pm
Feels great to be home!

SarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond reputeSarahInTX has a reputation beyond repute

So happy for you that this trip sorted out your equivocation. Whichever way you'd decided to go, you're right, having made the decision and moving forward enables you to have a sense of purpose. Much more satisfying place to be than dithering about what you should do.
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 2:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute

That's exactly what I said to a friend yesterday about living here in the US for the rest of my life. Will be moving back to the UK very soon too.

Wonderful that you have finally decided. Brings everything into perspective, doesn't it!

Where have you decided to settle in the UK?
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 3:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

We went back for 3 weeks in December and I felt exactly the same. My first night back in Belfast I knew I'd never really be happy staying in Canada. It confirmed I wasn't just a little homesick it's so much more than that.

We are meeting with a realtor tomorrow night and hope to get the house on the market by May.
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 3:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Marmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond reputeMarmalade has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elaine B.
We went back for 3 weeks in December and I felt exactly the same. My first night back in Belfast I knew I'd never really be happy staying in Canada. It confirmed I wasn't just a little homesick it's so much more than that.

We are meeting with a realtor tomorrow night and hope to get the house on the market by May.
Elaine B ~ good luck

Keep us posted on how everything goes.
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 3:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Marmalade
Elaine B ~ good luck

Keep us posted on how everything goes.
Will do, thanks Marmalade
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 4:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Very best of luck sorting everything out on your return!
I think making the definite decision is partly what really helps the inner peace, the do we-don't we is awful!
Best wishes
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 7:42 pm
itchy feet again!

Jay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you all for your good wishes - it's like having a big family all cheering me on!
The Smiths asked what happened on the reccie trip to help us decide..........what can I tell you? Just being Here feels so right!
I was in Morrisions supermarket that first week, and the checkout girl said "Do ya need any 'elp with yer packin' luv?"..............it was soooo good to hear that instead of some 12 year old with a voice like Minnie Mouse asking "And how are yeeeoooo t'day?"....makes me cringe every time I hear it! It's going out for a curry, or proper chips from a chippy; it's walking in English rain....y'know,,,that really fine rain that soaks you through (with thanks to Peter Kay for that!); it's being able to phone my daughter, sister or parents and being on the same time zone; seeing them all and being able to hug them. It's knowing there'll be a bus or train along, eventually. It's buying knickers from M & S, having real Lancashire cheese on my butty instead of that horrendous processed elastic stuff. It's standing at the top of the hill where my sister lives in Stalybridge and looking at one of the most spectacular views over the Cheshire plains.............

It's so many little things that add up to a feeling of Belonging.....like putting on a pair of long lost comfy slippers and snuggling into the sofa with a jam butty............

Pay no attention to the time this was posted....it's actually 7.43 GMT!
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

kaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to allkaylee is a name known to all

Greatpost OB, made me best of luck with your move
Old Mar 24th 2008, 2:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Ruby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond repute

Hey "J"! Only just saw this thead...I haven't been posting on here much lately, been trying to occupy my thoughts with other things so as to try and ease off on the "UK" for his sake!!

Anyway, for the record, you're doing the right thing....I have every strand of faith that it will work out great for you both - I'm envious of you, but I got other fish to fry.......grrrr!! (you know what I mean by that). Put it this way.....to get him to "sit down and talk" is like telling snow not to melt on a hot day! I've tried - honestly...but it still ends up as Grrrrrr!!!

You enjoy your last week of your recce, and before you know it, you'll be counting down the days when they'll be your every-days!
Lotsaluv,
J x
Old Mar 24th 2008, 2:32 am
BE Enthusiast

manc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond reputemanc1 has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck, I know exactly where your coming from. It's a feeling you get that you just cant put into words.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 2:42 am
BE Forum Addict

geeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you all for your good wishes - it's like having a big family all cheering me on!
The Smiths asked what happened on the reccie trip to help us decide..........what can I tell you? Just being Here feels so right!
I was in Morrisions supermarket that first week, and the checkout girl said "Do ya need any 'elp with yer packin' luv?"..............it was soooo good to hear that instead of some 12 year old with a voice like Minnie Mouse asking "And how are yeeeoooo t'day?"....makes me cringe every time I hear it! It's going out for a curry, or proper chips from a chippy; it's walking in English rain....y'know,,,that really fine rain that soaks you through (with thanks to Peter Kay for that!); it's being able to phone my daughter, sister or parents and being on the same time zone; seeing them all and being able to hug them. It's knowing there'll be a bus or train along, eventually. It's buying knickers from M & S, having real Lancashire cheese on my butty instead of that horrendous processed elastic stuff. It's standing at the top of the hill where my sister lives in Stalybridge and looking at one of the most spectacular views over the Cheshire plains.............

It's so many little things that add up to a feeling of Belonging.....like putting on a pair of long lost comfy slippers and snuggling into the sofa with a jam butty............

Pay no attention to the time this was posted....it's actually 7.43 GMT!
What a lovely post. I'm not homesick enough that I would return to the UK, but what you've written sums up, so beautifully, the little things I miss about England.
I'm really pleased for you, I'm glad that you're doing what is best for you and your family.

p.s. can you send some of that lovely fine, soaking rain this way, please?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.