OPENING A BANK Acc in UK

Old Oct 24th 2008, 2:35 am
Banned

Lookin2Oz is a name known to allLookin2Oz is a name known to allLookin2Oz is a name known to allLookin2Oz is a name known to allLookin2Oz is a name known to allLookin2Oz is a name known to allLookin2Oz is a name known to allLookin2Oz is a name known to allLookin2Oz is a name known to allLookin2Oz is a name known to allLookin2Oz is a name known to all
Default OPENING A BANK Acc in UK

Hi there,

Any input offered on opening a UK bank acc would be appreciated.

Is it at all possible to open an account from overseas or do you have to be in the UK ?

Cheers
Old Oct 24th 2008, 4:18 am
Yorkshire Lass

meljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OPENING A BANK Acc in UK

Originally Posted by Lookin2Oz
Hi there,

Any input offered on opening a UK bank acc would be appreciated.

Is it at all possible to open an account from overseas or do you have to be in the UK ?

Cheers
I believe that you can open an HSBC account here and then get them to open an account transferring money to UK. Only because I have one in UK and they would do the same the opposite way.
Old Oct 24th 2008, 4:24 am
Banned

Lookin2Oz is a name known to allLookin2Oz is a name known to allLookin2Oz is a name known to allLookin2Oz is a name known to allLookin2Oz is a name known to allLookin2Oz is a name known to allLookin2Oz is a name known to allLookin2Oz is a name known to allLookin2Oz is a name known to allLookin2Oz is a name known to allLookin2Oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by meljor
I believe that you can open an HSBC account here and then get them to open an account transferring money to UK. Only because I have one in UK and they would do the same the opposite way.
I'll check that out - thanks
Old Oct 24th 2008, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

AudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really niceAudsFrmSA is just really nice

I think you can open an HSBC Passport Account online, 3 months prior to arriving in the UK. I've looked into this issue a few times and it seems near impossible apart from that HSBC option, I'm hoping to get one opened while on our trip there in Dec., not sure if that is going to be any easier, but will try (with my Dad in toe) to open one where my Dad has an account. Sometimes it's not what you know, but who!
Old Oct 24th 2008, 10:14 am
Wishing on a star...

cherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud of

They charge for it though, I think its about $250.
Old Oct 24th 2008, 10:36 am
Yorkshire Lass

meljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cherry6
They charge for it though, I think its about $250.
Ouch
Old Oct 24th 2008, 9:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

islandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to behold

I still have my UK credit card so I thought I would just open a new account with the same bank - but my Mum went in and got the forms and they said no. So I think I too will have to wait until I get there by the looks of it.

Apparently this is part of the anti-terrorism laws in case I am funneling money to Al Qaeda...!