View Poll Results: If you are unhappy,returning, or wanting to return, what country are you in?
Australia
51.00%
New Zealand
4.00%
Canada
12.00%
USA
16.00%
Europe
11.00%
Africa
1.00%
Middle East
0%
Rest of the World
5.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

OK..My first Poll

Old Feb 28th 2008, 6:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OK..My first Poll

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum

Yes Elaine, there does seem to be a higher than average of unhappy brits in Perth. I have never been there so cannot comment. Maybe the isolation plays a part.
I guess the other part of that question would be do more people move to Perth in the first place?
Old Feb 28th 2008, 6:13 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elaine B.
I guess the other part of that question would be do more people move to Perth in the first place?
Not at all if you lump it in against the rest of Australia
Old Feb 28th 2008, 9:29 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

I want to know which countries seem to have the highest returnee (or wannabe returnees)
It seems at the moment, most are from Canada or Australia. Lets see!!
You left out the UK!!!
Old Feb 28th 2008, 9:30 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

I want to know which countries seem to have the highest returnee (or wannabe returnees)
You left out the UK!!!
Old Feb 28th 2008, 9:31 am
Ping-ponger

You left out the UK!!!
Old Feb 28th 2008, 9:32 am
Ping-ponger

You left out the UK!!!
Old Feb 28th 2008, 9:38 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, a survey showed that more miserable buggers who want to go home live in Perth than any other state. Now, let that be a warning for any prospective Perthite still in Blighty! GO TO THE EAST COAST!!!!

I reckon it has a lot to do with the "Goldfish Bowl" effect....we just go around and around and around doing the same thing day after day after day 'cos unless you like sports and outdoor activities...you're buggered.

Oh, and before N.B or any other Perth lover jumps in on their Perth Supporters bandwagon........I'm just referring to us miserable buggers who live in this goldfish bowl. So no need to get all uppety and defensive o.k?
Old Feb 28th 2008, 12:17 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving
You left out the UK!!!
Are you alright D? You are repeating yourself. You can get pills for that you know!!
Old Feb 28th 2008, 1:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

jojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving
You left out the UK!!!
Isn't that in Europe (well in name anyway!)
Old Feb 28th 2008, 1:59 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Yes, a survey showed that more miserable buggers who want to go home live in Perth than any other state. Now, let that be a warning for any prospective Perthite still in Blighty! GO TO THE EAST COAST!!!!

I reckon it has a lot to do with the "Goldfish Bowl" effect....we just go around and around and around doing the same thing day after day after day 'cos unless you like sports and outdoor activities...you're buggered.

Oh, and before N.B or any other Perth lover jumps in on their Perth Supporters bandwagon........I'm just referring to us miserable buggers who live in this goldfish bowl. So no need to get all uppety and defensive o.k?
I have no problem Tracey with those that don't like Perth. I have always been the first to say it isn't for everyone. I just get defensive when my intellect is questioned because I do like it.
Old Feb 28th 2008, 3:58 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by northernbird
I have no problem Tracey with those that don't like Perth. I have always been the first to say it isn't for everyone. I just get defensive when my intellect is questioned because I do like it.
I don't think it is about intellect as to whether you like it here or not as I've met some very intelligent folk over the years who love it here, and you're quite right to get arsey about that. I reckon it's about what floats your boat as a person, and we're all different. I honestly do think though, that those of you who do like it here and find this place satisfying, you're the sort of laid back type of folk who don't need "The Buzz" of hustle bustle variety, you're quite easily pleased....and that's meant in a nice way honest. I may be generalising there I know, but it's just my observations over the last 3.5 years.
Old Feb 28th 2008, 8:55 pm
I don't give a damn

Well, well! Australia is still 8 votes in front of the entire planet put together

USA now in second place!
Old Feb 29th 2008, 8:15 am
I don't give a damn

Hmmm.. an African just voted! Poor thing being the only one unhappy there

Quite amusing that the only place not to get a vote is the Middle East!!
Old Feb 29th 2008, 8:20 am
Banned

Backhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tableland
Do you think this might be because more people go to Canada and Australia than anywhere else and that these two nations are over-represented on British Expats?

I think so! This is called a biased sample.

Have you voted yet
Old Feb 29th 2008, 8:26 am
Banned

Backhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond repute

BRITS ABROAD: THE TOP COUNTRIES 2007 Country name Resident Britons
Australia 1,220,000
Spain 793,000
United States 878,000
Canada 658,000
Ireland 293,000
New Zealand 219,000
South Africa 150,000
France 252,000

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.