Oh wot a nightmare

Old May 5th 2004, 7:44 am
What's he asking?

Fuzzyness is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Oh wot a nightmare

Originally posted by Pants
Funny enough I don't think Dotty wears them..she speaks as she finds !!
i would have to agree with that to. glad you're enjoying be back dotty.
Old May 5th 2004, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

MeganEkno is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Fuzzyness
i would have to agree with that to. glad you're enjoying be back dotty.

Funnily enough, I call things how I see them too. Many others do on this site as well. However, we get told to remove our rose tinted specs. Double standards I think!
Old May 5th 2004, 8:19 am
What's he asking?

Originally posted by MeganEkno
Funnily enough, I call things how I see them too. Many others do on this site as well. However, we get told to remove our rose tinted specs. Double standards I think!
and your point is?
Old May 5th 2004, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

and your point is?

Dotty has one set of standards for herself and another for others. I wouldn't expect you to understand.
Old May 5th 2004, 8:22 am
What's he asking?

Dotty has one set of standards for herself and another for others. I wouldn't expect you to understand.
why? you questioning my intelligence?

if you dont like her posts why bother reading them. why begrudge her being happy that she is back in england. its her choice. she is excited. probably as excited as you were when you left for your new life. why cant she be excited about a new stage in her life.
Old May 5th 2004, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

why? you questioning my intelligence?

if you dont like her posts why bother reading them. why begrudge her being happy that she is back in england. its her choice. she is excited. probably as excited as you were when you left for your new life. why cant she be excited about a new stage in her life.

Maybe.

I think it's interesting to read why people are returning home. I also think that if you don't think that the country you were raised in is the best place in the world then that is sad. However, I do think it's possible to achieve happiness elsewhere and those who find that happiness shouldn't have to justify it.

I don't begrudge her outlook. She is well entitled to be happy going home. Well done to her.

I begrudge her because she has double standards. Now I sound like a broken record. If you don't get it, I can't be bothered to explain.
Old May 5th 2004, 12:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by nickyc
Well, I wouldn't really call this an estate and it doesn't quite have 23 rooms (only 18 if you count the landings and Tank room!) - but it's a 17th Century farmhouse on 4.5 acres in Wiltshire and can all be yours for 560,00 pounds
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/rm/templa...a_n=9&tr_t=buy
I see that the Wiltshire 'estate' has been sold. Did you buy it Dotty?

We'll all have to come round for a cup of tea, when we're next passing.
Old May 5th 2004, 12:42 pm
Just Joined

Mark & Amanda is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE]Originally posted by dotty

Shops, real clothing all this pretty summery stuff with a 50's theme I could go mental, but not much point with a 3 month bike tour looming.

Dotty, what sort of bike tour are you going on?? Are we talking push bike or motorbike?
Old May 6th 2004, 7:24 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Morning Dotty

Glad to see the house hunting is going well. Will you be building a sooper-dooper brick BBQ on the patio???

Maybe the re-pats meet should be at your pad...!
Old May 6th 2004, 7:33 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Bloody hell, more questions than a Hello interview

Right, I am not telling you lot how much my house in Buderim sold for, or I shall be accused of braggin But Nicky has done a good little example of how you can move from OZ to UK, although I did not see that wiltshire house the one I saw was only just on the market dont think its on the net yet. Not bought anything yet, I know the market is booming but there is just TOO much for sale, I think the BOE will increase rates soon, that and spring is a bad time to buy, its seasonal here, Spring is flooded with buyers so I might just wait, who knows but its too soon to decide just yet. Ask me again next week.

Bike tours, I hope its not a push bike, We are celebrating with a 2/3 month tour of the USA, if husband plans to make me pedal he can go on his own.

Hang on phone will resume this later.
Old May 6th 2004, 4:07 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

I also think that if you don't think that the country you were raised in is the best place in the world then that is sad.
I agree with you here. Unlike Australians though, who have these thoughts implanted into their brains from birth, the Brisith don't recieve this kind of brain washing.

It is sad that we aren't very patriotic

Are you an Aussie in London by any chance?

lol.
Old May 6th 2004, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by janeyray
I agree with you here. Unlike Australians though, who have these thoughts implanted into their brains from birth, the Brisith don't recieve this kind of brain washing.

It is sad that we aren't very patriotic

Are you an Aussie in London by any chance?

lol.

I am. The type married to an Englishman. I actually started out living in Wiltshire!

I don't think it's brainwashing. I think it stems from the majority of us being content with our lot. I know you will disagree but that is why I believe it is. I cannot remember ever being sat down as a child and being told Australia was the best place ever. I have formed that view from travelling far and wide.....
Old May 6th 2004, 4:17 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

I am. The type married to an Englishman. I actually started out living in Wiltshire!

I don't think it's brainwashing. I think it stems from the majority of us being content with our lot. I know you will disagree but that is why I believe it is. I cannot remember ever being sat down as a child and being told Australia was the best place ever. I have formed that view from travelling far and wide.....

I knew it!!!

I don't think I've ever met an Australian who doesn't love their country and think it's the best place in the world to live. Even the ones who have never left WA!!

Imagine if I decided to put a large British flag in my front garden in the UK what some people would say/think? They do it as second nature here.

It's not wrong, it's a good thing to love your country but I feel you can only say this, if like you, they have travelled and sampled other countries

Old May 6th 2004, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by janeyray
I knew it!!!

I don't think I've ever met an Australian who doesn't love their country and think it's the best place in the world to live. Even the ones who have never left WA!!

Imagine if I decided to put a large British flag in my front garden in the UK what some people would say/think? They do it as second nature here.

It's not wrong, it's a good thing to love your country but I feel you can only say this, if like you, they have travelled and sampled other countries

What is wrong with being so content that you believe where you live is the best place and don't feel the need to go elsewhere? It doesn't hurt anyone does it?

As for putting a flag up in your front garden, I think that's in poor taste anyway (looks really ugly). If you decided to do it in the UK though I see no problem with that. Who cares, as long as your flag doesn't uproot itself and slam me on the head then I'm not bothered.
Old May 6th 2004, 5:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

we do seem to lack national pride these days. Perhaps it's because it has become so unpolitically incorrect in recent years to actually show it - you get chastised for flying flags for fear of offending minority groups. On the other hand, minority groups in Oz embrace the Australian identity as well as their own ethnic one.

I remember seeing a Greek festival in Melbourne once - the parade featured a number of people carrying flags - both Greek and Aussie flags. I'm not sure if you'd see the same in UK.

Sorry Dotty, gone totally OT here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.