Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

OH has job interest from UK!!! What would you do?

OH has job interest from UK!!! What would you do?

Old Nov 7th 2008, 11:26 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute
Default OH has job interest from UK!!! What would you do?

I think i'm dreaming! This cant be? I am too scared to believe this might be a goer.

OH put his CV on a nursing website a few months back. He has just received an email from them saying they are very interested in talking to him about a position they have.
You are NOT going to believe this, but it is in my daughters village!!

Now, here is the dilemma.
He did state on his CV that he is currently in Sydney, has current UK nursing registration with relevant pin number required, but, they do not know he does not have his spouse visa yet.
I have advised him not to say anything as it only takes a few weeks to process the visa. He isnt sure it is a good idea. What do you think?
I am also hoping that if he gets a job offer it will speed up the visa process.

He has stated he can start in 2mths time, by which time we hope he would have had his gallstone op and i am healed enough to fly back with him.

I'm sooooo hoping this pulls off, but trying not to pin too much hope on it just yet.
Old Nov 7th 2008, 11:29 am
BE Enthusiast

backagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond reputebackagen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OH has job interest from UK!!! What would you do?

It sounds like you have either a guardian angel looking after you, or some kind of cosmic magical karma, or whatever you want to call it!

I'm pretty certain, by the sound of it, that he'd be doing the right thing to follow up this lead and probably not mention the visa at this stage unless necessary.

Sounds like it is meant to be, and will work out. Just have a bit of faith.
Old Nov 7th 2008, 11:47 am
Yorkshire Lass

meljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
I think i'm dreaming! This cant be? I am too scared to believe this might be a goer.

OH put his CV on a nursing website a few months back. He has just received an email from them saying they are very interested in talking to him about a position they have.

He did state on his CV that he is currently in Sydney, has current UK nursing registration with relevant pin number required, but, they do not know he does not have his spouse visa yet.
I have advised him not to say anything as it only takes a few weeks to process the visa. He isnt sure it is a good idea. What do you think?

He has stated he can start in 2mths time, by which time we hope he would have had his gallstone op and i am healed enough to fly back with him.

I'm sooooo hoping this pulls off, but trying not to pin too much hope on it just yet.
Yay for Mr Flea, I do believe you are no longer a s@#t magnet and your luck has turned, well you certainly deserve it honey. Grab it with both hands, that's my advice.
Btw have a lovely chilled ready meal for me when you get there, the Champney's one I had from Sainsburys (o' hallowed store) was divine . I have just done the Friday shop at crappy coles .
Old Nov 7th 2008, 12:23 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd say nowt about the visa, after all it'll only take a few weeks to sort out. Get the job first.

I'll keep fingers crossed.

At this rate, we're going to have a great get together back here late next year
Old Nov 7th 2008, 12:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

lobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to all

I wish you all the luck in the world xxx
Old Nov 7th 2008, 2:34 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Wow that sounds fantastic.
Old Nov 7th 2008, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

Erica P is just really niceErica P is just really niceErica P is just really niceErica P is just really niceErica P is just really niceErica P is just really niceErica P is just really niceErica P is just really nice

More great news. Go for it. I'm sure it'll work out. If he doesn't get the visa in time he could turn it down but I'm sure he'll get it - you're on a roll with good things happening now.
Old Nov 7th 2008, 3:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond repute

Don't say anything about the visa, but if they ask you'll have to tell them.

What I would do is have the information about the visa ready. Tell them that the process takes about 2 weeks and that as it's a settlement visa, work visa is not an issue that the company needs to worry about.

Last time I was in the UK, it was after they offered me the job that they asked me to provide proof that I was legally employable in the UK.

Good luck.. grab the opportunity with both hands.
Old Nov 7th 2008, 3:50 pm
Sloopy Frickenbutt

sans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond reputesans has a reputation beyond repute

Oh fingers crossed for you .............Have you done the lottery by any chance
Old Nov 7th 2008, 3:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

I going to have great difficulty walking around for the next few days because I'll be keeping my fingers, legs (luckily OH is out of town) and toes crossed for you Flea
Old Nov 7th 2008, 5:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

cally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: OH has job interest from UK!!! What would you do?

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum

Oh Flea such excitement you are deffinately turning a corner.........Well if it was me i'd say nothing unless they ask and then explain how very exciting for you both and that little grandaughter of yours is just is just gorgous....Hey its saturday dont forget the LOTTO!
Callyx
Old Nov 7th 2008, 6:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Oooh fingers and toes crossed!
Old Nov 7th 2008, 7:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

islandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to behold

Go for it - it's about time you two got some good luck, how fab would that be, in your daughters village.
Old Nov 7th 2008, 8:01 pm
Just hanging around

Bevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond repute

Yay, Flea.

And yes, go buy some lottery tickets.

Sometimes I believe in astrology. The planets move and....

Bev
Old Nov 7th 2008, 9:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Nice one Flea Unless things have changed in the last 2.5yrs, you can get your spouse visa in a day. When we needed Mrs Triboy's SV we dowloadedthe forms and made sure we had everything (birth certs, bank statements, letter from parents saying we'd be living there etc).

Went to Canberra early (beware the visa issue office in NOT at BHC, it's next to a childcare centre around the back of a service station near the airport), we had to wait about 15 mins after getting our tickets I think we were 3rd in the queue, had an interview and requested that the visa be processed that day. Interview was about 20mins, we paid our money ($750 back then) then were told to come back 2hrs later. Did that and the visa was in the passport waiting for us, and we had 3mths to travel (from memory). Job done

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.