Not a good day today

Old Aug 4th 2007, 9:21 am
BE Forum Addict

mick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Not a good day today

I have booked our tickets today to return to the UK on 31st August - one way

As most of you are aware its my OH who wants to return and not me. I had hoped that he would have changed his mind before I booked them but sadly no.

Anyway, its pointless dwelling on things now the deed is done. Just have to look forward and hope he's made the right decision.

Just wanted to get that off my chest!!!! Thanks for listening

Lynne
Old Aug 4th 2007, 10:47 am
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Not a good day today

aw it must be so much harder when its just one that wants to return!!!

Hope it all works out we fly back one way the 16th August!!!

Take Care
Kris xxx
Old Aug 4th 2007, 10:50 am

dreamcatcher is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mick69

As most of you are aware its my OH who wants to return and not me. I had hoped that he would have changed his mind before I booked them but sadly no.

Anyway, its pointless dwelling on things now the deed is done. Just have to look forward and hope he's made the right decision.

Lynne

Chin up,hope all works out for you and yours ,xxxxx
Old Aug 4th 2007, 4:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

mick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for listening guys, just seems all a bit real now.

Lynne
Old Aug 4th 2007, 5:12 pm
Just Joined

SweetHome is an unknown quantity at this point

I am new so not chatted before. It must be so much harder when only one of you wants to go back.

Me and Hubbie are in Cyprus and we are planning to go back to UK by mid-August. Not booked yet, but hopefully soon and flights are pretty easy to come by.

I hope all works out for you and yours and Good Luck.

SweetHome x
Old Aug 4th 2007, 9:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

chance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond repute

Lynne
Hi Lynne

You know, me and my husband, we often seem to be "out of sync" with the other one. From little things to "Shall we redo the kitchen?" The other will say no, it doesnt need doing, but by the time the first one's accepted that and gone round to that way of thinking, the other one decides its a good idea after all! Do you know what I mean?

It was like that in Oz. One was the more entheusiastic, the other not. By the time the other caught up, one wanted out. When you are out of sync, (you know, because its the decision you have made) that you need to regroup, to consolidate - and because thats what you are doing, you must be an amazing wife and he must be so proud to be a part of your life. Hold onto that.

But, because he also loves you like you love him, he may look at a return to Oz with different eyes a year down the line. I was adamant I would never ever go back to Oz, hubby was like you. One year later he is adamant now is definately not a good time to consider going back, and if im honest it was me who shoved the "dream job" advert under his nose the other day.(WTF!!!?) So, the only thing we can do is laugh about it and stay strong, knowing at some point we will both be in sync which will be stay here and put these feelings to bed, or one last try......But, what Im trying to say is for now, it doesnt matter. He made a huge sacrifice (as you have) to get our relationship on track and my appreciation for that has helped in us enjoying what the UK has to offer more than we have done in years.

The Uks not a bad place. You will find positives in being back.It was even too hot to sit outside today! On the whole folk are smashing.Try for a while to not think about Oz, wherever you live is your home and live for the day. If things are meant to turn around, you know in life they have a funny way of doing so without you really trying.

I really hope that you all end up where you all want to be together.
Im sure it will happen, but you wont know which place until you are off the emotional rollercoaster for a while.

Have a great trip home, hold your head up high, be proud of how strong and selfless you are and make sure you visit all those lovely people who care so much about you and are delighted to have you back.

Take care
Chrissy
Old Aug 6th 2007, 3:42 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chance to be
Hi Lynne

You know, me and my husband, we often seem to be "out of sync" with the other one. From little things to "Shall we redo the kitchen?" The other will say no, it doesnt need doing, but by the time the first one's accepted that and gone round to that way of thinking, the other one decides its a good idea after all! Do you know what I mean?

It was like that in Oz. One was the more entheusiastic, the other not. By the time the other caught up, one wanted out. When you are out of sync, (you know, because its the decision you have made) that you need to regroup, to consolidate - and because thats what you are doing, you must be an amazing wife and he must be so proud to be a part of your life. Hold onto that.

But, because he also loves you like you love him, he may look at a return to Oz with different eyes a year down the line. I was adamant I would never ever go back to Oz, hubby was like you. One year later he is adamant now is definately not a good time to consider going back, and if im honest it was me who shoved the "dream job" advert under his nose the other day.(WTF!!!?) So, the only thing we can do is laugh about it and stay strong, knowing at some point we will both be in sync which will be stay here and put these feelings to bed, or one last try......But, what Im trying to say is for now, it doesnt matter. He made a huge sacrifice (as you have) to get our relationship on track and my appreciation for that has helped in us enjoying what the UK has to offer more than we have done in years.

The Uks not a bad place. You will find positives in being back.It was even too hot to sit outside today! On the whole folk are smashing.Try for a while to not think about Oz, wherever you live is your home and live for the day. If things are meant to turn around, you know in life they have a funny way of doing so without you really trying.

I really hope that you all end up where you all want to be together.
Im sure it will happen, but you wont know which place until you are off the emotional rollercoaster for a while.

Have a great trip home, hold your head up high, be proud of how strong and selfless you are and make sure you visit all those lovely people who care so much about you and are delighted to have you back.

Take care
Chrissy
All the above

Really feel for you Lynne, that must be difficult for you. Hopefully you'll be pleasantly suprised being back in UK.
Sending love & K & luck
All the best
T
Old Aug 6th 2007, 5:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Chrissy and Tanya, for your kind words they are really appreciated at the moment.
Needed a bit of an uplift

Lynne
Old Aug 6th 2007, 5:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Just had phone call from shippers confirming that they will be here 24th August to wrap and pack.
Oh well had better get sorting out again!!!
Old Aug 6th 2007, 9:53 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

awww, I know you don't want to go home and that must be hard for you but, you love your hubby more than Australia and want him to be happy. You're a lovely lady for wanting that. You and my hubby must've come out of the same mould because you are both making a sacrifice for the ones you love
Old Aug 8th 2007, 12:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

megansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond reputemegansmummy has a reputation beyond repute

Awww hugs to you hun. Its so hard when the other wants to stay & one wants out! I know better than anyone & unfortunately mine came at a price!

Im sure once you get back you will see some benefits to returning. Its really not that bad honest!!

Your OH is lucky that you are going back with him. Who knows maybe in time he may not settle back here & want to return!

Good luck & keep us posted! xx
Old Aug 8th 2007, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

Shivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond repute

I've got huge admiration for you. Good luck with the packers and moving. It'll all work out.
Old Aug 8th 2007, 2:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by megansmummy
Awww hugs to you hun. Its so hard when the other wants to stay & one wants out! I know better than anyone & unfortunately mine came at a price!

Im sure once you get back you will see some benefits to returning. Its really not that bad honest!!

Your OH is lucky that you are going back with him. Who knows maybe in time he may not settle back here & want to return!

Good luck & keep us posted! xx
Don't worry Jude I will definately keep you all posted. Need to be able to rant away with no interuptions

Originally Posted by Shivster
I've got huge admiration for you. Good luck with the packers and moving. It'll all work out.
Thank you very much I just hope my OH appreciates it all

Lynne x
Old Aug 8th 2007, 4:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond reputeDave_Was has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Lynne,

I think that I'm in a bit of a situation like your husband in that I want to go back to the UK. My wife is amazing and has said that she is happy to go if I want to.

Just knowing that is a huge relief.

I am sure your OH appreciates it just as much.

Good luck.
Old Aug 8th 2007, 10:21 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Lynne
I've never been in your situation (I have no-one to answer to/for but the dog), but I can imagine how confusing and conflicted you must feel.

I've always said "You never know what is around the corner", and my life experiences have backed that up (good and bad). It's not impossible that OH will change his mind - maybe not tomorrow, maybe not next year - or that something will change and you will return (or maybe even you will change and won't want to return). Anyway, I recommend always keeping in your mind that it doesn't have to be final, all things are possible, you may, one day be back there, or happy being somewhere else. Don't let anyone make you feel that you have to slam the door shut on your past experience as if there's no going back.

Ironically, for me trying to do that has often given me peace of mind in the place I don't really want to be. Just the hope of possibilities sometime in the future.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.