Wikiposts

Noooooo don't do it.

Old Jan 19th 2010, 2:17 am
Ginger Monkey

Gingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Noooooo don't do it.

Originally Posted by dunroving
I grew up in Brum too and learned to swim in the Cadbury factory swimming pool and our annual sports day was always held at their sports field. Our next door neighbour worked for them and would bring back bags of "chocolate waste" (broken bits) in green paper bags (probably not allowed these days under H&S standards, I dare say).

It's just another chip away at grand British institutions and another step towards global homogeneity.
Was it filled with liquid chocolate though?
Old Jan 19th 2010, 2:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Tom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
I had a bar of dark chocolate a few weeks ago that had habanero peppers and pop rocks mixed in it.

It was interesting, and really good. I'll see if I can find it on the web...

Here it is. Click on where it says "Firecracker". Good stuff. I got it at Walmart.

http://store.nexternal.com/shared/St...ount2=45234322
Habanero with chocolate?
Old Jan 19th 2010, 2:20 am
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tom60
Habanero with chocolate?
And pop rocks.

It's damn good.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 2:23 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gingerert
Was it filled with liquid chocolate though?
Mmmmm can you imagine
Old Jan 19th 2010, 2:52 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Re: Noooooo don't do it.

The shares in Kraft rose this morning as soon as the stock market opened because of their success in acquiring Cadbury's..

No doubt UK jobs will go:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-takeover.html

There are also Cadbury's factories in Australia, New Zealand and the Philippines. A few years ago we did the Cadbury's factory tour in Hobart, Tasmania (much better than the Bournville tour, you could go onto the factory floor and have samples). My spouse asked why the Aussie Cadbury's chocolate tasted different to the UK chocs and the reply was that they use sugar cane in Oz, sugar beet in the UK and as the Aussie climate is so hot they have to include ingredients to prevent it melting at higher temps. It doesn't taste as nice.

How long will it be before Kraft starts 'tweaking' at the Cadbury's recipes and substituting them with inferior ingredients?

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the UK production will be moved to the Philippines and probably Eastern Europe. The bottom line is how much profit the shareholders will receive and labour costs are higher in Westernised countries. I'm currently reading a book called "Cheap" by Ellen Ruppell Shell which covers how Americans have become used to tasteless imported food because it provides good 'value'; I won't ever eat at Red Lobster after reading about the how the shrimp is harvested and imported from the Far East....
Old Jan 19th 2010, 3:15 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kar98
Try real chocolate; Lindt, Milka, Ritter, merci, and other Swiss and German brands, and you'll wonder why anyone would eat American OR British and think it's chocolate. I swear eating a bar of Lindt leaves you half stoned.
Cadbury's is far superior IMO than any of those brands.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 3:19 am
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

Cadbury was going to close the plant in Bristol in 2010, and send jobs to Poland, so perhaps it will be good news for Bristol. I hope so.

http://www.bristol247.com/2009/09/07...us-merger-bid/
Old Jan 19th 2010, 3:23 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

HA HA
Old Jan 19th 2010, 3:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kar98
Try real chocolate; Lindt, Milka, Ritter, merci, and other Swiss and German brands, and you'll wonder why anyone would eat American OR British and think it's chocolate. I swear eating a bar of Lindt leaves you half stoned.
I have to agree that Swiss/German chocolate is far superior to Cadbury's. Further down would come See's candy and the 'Hawaiian Host' chocolate-covered nuts. Hershey's is brown lard.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 3:49 am
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

I bet a Cadbury's egg would be excellent filled with peanut butter.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 3:53 am
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

Blasphemer!
Old Jan 19th 2010, 3:53 am
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

Nah. It will now be filled up with Cheez Whiz!
Old Jan 19th 2010, 3:56 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Or Velveeta.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 3:56 am
WTF?

Originally Posted by Mallory
Nah. It will now be filled up with Cheez Whiz!
Beat me to it.
Old Jan 19th 2010, 4:08 am
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Milka ??? Owned by Kraft and not a patch on Cadbury's.
Kraft seem to have a mixed track record when taking over european chocolate makers: it looks like after they bought Milka they didn't muck around with them and left them to carry on as before. However, they also bought UK chocolate maker Terry's and look what happened to them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.