No Place like home

Old Sep 29th 2008, 7:22 pm
Just Joined

musicman500 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default No Place like home

Hi,

I saw on an old thread about this series -does any one have a copy of it? It was on last July 2007 I think.

The reason I ask is because we are going to be in the new series. We have just been filmed for 3 days here in Austria and then next week we go back to the UK to test run life ther and then we have to decide whether to stay or go back to Austria.

thanks
Old Sep 30th 2008, 12:20 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: No Place like home

Do you get a say in where you go back to in the UK to test run your life? Or, to make good tele that ups the ratings, do you get thrown into central scum land, surrounded by hoodies with flick-knives?
Old Sep 30th 2008, 12:29 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by musicman500
Hi,

I saw on an old thread about this series -does any one have a copy of it? It was on last July 2007 I think.

The reason I ask is because we are going to be in the new series. We have just been filmed for 3 days here in Austria and then next week we go back to the UK to test run life ther and then we have to decide whether to stay or go back to Austria.

thanks

I have a copy somewhere if you pm me your address i will post it to you I would advise you to watch it twice, the guy in it came over abit of a twat, but after second viewing i think it was all about tongue in cheek with this guy, he had quite a good dry sense of humour. I often wonder what happened to them.

It was actually very sad, he wanted to go back to the u.k and she wanted to stay in australia, they bickered throughout the programme, with their little girl coming across more mature than them, lol, but it was very sad also and i think we could all relate to them one way or another.

Last edited by Margaret3; Sep 30th 2008 at 12:31 am.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 5:19 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Do you get a say in where you go back to in the UK to test run your life? Or, to make good tele that ups the ratings, do you get thrown into central scum land, surrounded by hoodies with flick-knives?
Hi,

Yes we get a say of where we go back to. We are going back to Leyburn in the Yorkshire Dales which is where we moved to Austria from . They are making 30 programmes and they are genuinely trying to help you with your decision. So far we have found it very useful!!

Hi Margaret,

That would be so kind of you!! We have not seen a whole programme yet although they have changed the format slightly.
Thanks again.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 9:11 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Yes we get a say of where we go back to. We are going back to Leyburn in the Yorkshire Dales which is where we moved to Austria from . They are making 30 programmes and they are genuinely trying to help you with your decision. So far we have found it very useful!!

That's great. But, (now I'm not looking for a scrap honest ) why did you leave in the first place? Won't those reasons still be there?
Old Sep 30th 2008, 10:03 am
Account Closed

Hi,

Hi Margaret,

That would be so kind of you!! We have not seen a whole programme yet although they have changed the format slightly.
Thanks again.

just had a thought, is it a whole series??? i only have one episode on a dvd copy about the couple who stayed in mornington , melbourne, but am happy to post it to you.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 10:07 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by TraceyW
That's great. But, (now I'm not looking for a scrap honest ) why did you leave in the first place? Won't those reasons still be there?
There are still of the reasons still in the Uk but there are reasons why we wont to leave Austria - not belonging, the language, the childrens education,etc.

It is a hard decision to make but I think the programme will help us make it.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 10:09 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Margaret3
just had a thought, is it a whole series??? i only have one episode on a dvd copy about the couple who stayed in mornington , melbourne, but am happy to post it to you.
No they only made 3 . To see one would be good. Do you know how to turn it into an avi file and upload it on the internet?
Old Sep 30th 2008, 10:13 am
Account Closed

No they only made 3 . To see one would be good. Do you know how to turn it into an avi file and upload it on the internet?
not got a clue, but maybe hubby can, i will ask him when he gets home and see wot he says