Wikiposts

No one to talk to.

Old Nov 15th 2011, 6:00 am
US Mom of UK Son

MorganMars has much to be proud ofMorganMars has much to be proud ofMorganMars has much to be proud ofMorganMars has much to be proud ofMorganMars has much to be proud ofMorganMars has much to be proud ofMorganMars has much to be proud ofMorganMars has much to be proud ofMorganMars has much to be proud ofMorganMars has much to be proud ofMorganMars has much to be proud of
Default Re: No one to talk to.

Originally Posted by Homeiswheretheheartis
Thank you for taking the time to reply, especially as its me just moaning my way through the day. Ive been the to Nellis Air Show today and tomorrow Im off the to Hoover Dam, so Im trying to make the most of being here. Strange thing is, I am happy to have the chance to do all these things and be here, but I wish it didn't seem so long before we go home

I do feel for everyone on here who has to overcome lots of obstacles to go home. Thank you all for not telling me to suck it up and get on with it

Las Vegas sounds like a dream destination but I agree there is much more and nicer things to see outside Vegas itself.
It might help to make a plan to see or do something new every week that you'll never be able to do again once you leave. When I was young and had two small children and no money there were so many things I could have done, but I didn't always see them because I kept waiting for something else. Spend the week planning it like you would a holiday and then do it on the weekends. That will keep you busy planning and doing and will help make the time go faster. Create activities to add to a book of memories to share when you get back. When your old, like me, you'll be able to entertain everyone with tales of your adventures in Sin City.

For a day trip, go to Mt. Charleston for the scent of pinewoods and maybe a bit of snow. Try Red Rock Canyon for a place to hike and find hidden water holes were you may be able to spot Big Horn Sheep. Spend a day in Valley of Fire State Park and take lots of artistic photographs and post them online for your friends back home to admire.

For a long weekend, go to California and see the Pacific Ocean. Go camping at Indian Springs and watch for UFOs. Visit the Calico Early Man Site and hunt for early stone tools where the famous British archeologist, Louis Leakey, acted as Project Director for ten years before his death.

Ask yourself what you would be doing if you were back home in the UK. Would you be visiting Brighton or the Lake District? Or would you be watching EastEnders on the telly? Substitute an equivalent and look forward to something that is closer than two years away. Perhaps your list may grow to be longer than you have the time to complete.

Best regards,
Mary