British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Moving back or to the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/)
-   -   Be nice to OZ (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/nice-oz-414636/)

arkon Dec 21st 2006 3:04 am

Re: Be nice to OZ

Originally Posted by Rascal
Arkon, Can I entice you over to NZ, humour is soooo lost over here. :D
Ok, perhaps not, knew you wouldn't come really. :o
Its nice, its scenic, it has beaches, it has mountains, what more do ya want? :D

From what I gather I would like NZ even less than I do this place. The problem with having an excellent scenery, good beaches and mountains seems to mean there is F all else so what is the other 99% of your brain supposed to do?

On a serious note though, I've talked over moving to NZ with the missus and we've decided we would both rather have bowel surgery in the wood with a stick than move even further into the dark ages. The conversation went something like this.....Honey would you like to emmigrate to NZ? F off you C not while I have a hole in my A*se! (I coloured it in for effect!)

Rascal Dec 21st 2006 3:15 am

Originally Posted by arkon
From what I gather I would like NZ even less than I do this place. The problem with having an excellent scenery, good beaches and mountains seems to mean there is F all else so what is the other 99% of your brain supposed to do?

On a serious note though, I've talked over moving to NZ with the missus and we've decided we would both rather have bowel surgery in the wood with a stick than move even further into the dark ages. The conversation went something like this.....Honey would you like to emmigrate to NZ? F off you C not while I have a hole in my A*se! (I coloured it in for effect!)

I am PMSL :D :D :D
Dark ages it certainly is! :o

Rascal Dec 21st 2006 3:16 am

Then other 99% of your brain is used up coming on forums to try to stay sane. :D :D
I never used forums in the Uk, had way too much to do. :o

Rascal Dec 21st 2006 3:20 am

I dont know too much about OZ having only been to Brisbane/Gold Coast, but in NZ, it doesn't matter where you go to shop, Auckland, Hamilton, Tauranga, Wellington (after a 7 hour drive!) and all the shops are samey, samey usual ones.
There is just NO choice hardly anywhere. :o
New one just opened in Mt Wellington, Sylvia Park. Looked it up on the net, saw all the same shops as is everywhere else. Decided it wasn't worth the fuel to go look. :o
So, its back to looking at the mountains, the beaches, the trees, the birds, the cats, the dogs, the flowers, etc

arkon Dec 21st 2006 3:31 am

Originally Posted by Rascal
Then other 99% of your brain is used up coming on forums to try to stay sane. :D :D
I never used forums in the Uk, had way too much to do. :o

You're right, I too never ever used a forum or chat or any other such time waster when I was back home. Now I wake up in my self imposed prison and wonder what new and delightful experience I can have today, then I realise there is sod all to do that I haven't done 50 times already and I don't really want to waste a brain cell driving an extra hour to visit another beach that looks EXACTLY like the last one and not a single ice cream parlour or candyfloss stall anywhere to be seen, No fish and chip shop, no one hiring out wind breaks and deckchairs, just nothing, nada, zippo. Then I ponder is it worth driving an extra 2 hours to visit another so called town or city to experience the exact same thing as I can 20 minutes away. So left with the forum or going outside to flambé my oil and chemical soaked skin before letting the local wildlife feed off me whilst they exchange their presents like yellow or Johns river virus’s the forum seems to win every time!

iamthecreaturefromuranus Dec 21st 2006 3:58 am

You're right, I too never ever used a forum or chat or any other such time waster when I was back home. Now I wake up in my self imposed prison and wonder what new and delightful experience I can have today, then I realise there is sod all to do that I haven't done 50 times already and I don't really want to waste a brain cell driving an extra hour to visit another beach that looks EXACTLY like the last one and not a single ice cream parlour or candyfloss stall anywhere to be seen, No fish and chip shop, no one hiring out wind breaks and deckchairs, just nothing, nada, zippo. Then I ponder is it worth driving an extra 2 hours to visit another so called town or city to experience the exact same thing as I can 20 minutes away. So left with the forum or going outside to flambé my oil and chemical soaked skin before letting the local wildlife feed off me whilst they exchange their presents like yellow or Johns river virus’s the forum seems to win every time!

Brilliant, bloody brilliant. !! :D

by the sea side Dec 21st 2006 4:29 am

My local hospital has been fantastic had my last visit today yipee.

by the sea side Dec 21st 2006 4:31 am

:D

meljor Dec 21st 2006 5:38 am

You should write a book or a TV sit com or something, I can't remember laughing so hard something about dissillusioned poms in oz, great posts :D

kiwi_child Dec 21st 2006 5:38 am

Originally Posted by northernbird
It was your use of the word blame that was confusing, who was I blaming for what. Anyway call them what you like, I don't give a chuff.

Fair go mate u could pick the shite out of a gnat ! yes I make no apology for using the word blame. It implies responsibility for the issue falls upon a particular source. Geez Have a good xmas and make a ny resolution to 'lighten up' :)

Deadmeat Dec 21st 2006 5:45 am

Originally Posted by Lord Pom Percy
Anyone want to say something nice about OZ for a change, poor OZ seems to be getting a big bashing down here in this forum. :(

It's quite a nice shape.

rossifumi Dec 21st 2006 5:46 am

untill then I'm back outside finding ways to kill the local pests.

What Bruce and Sheila? ;)

meljor Dec 21st 2006 5:51 am

Originally Posted by rossifumi

:D

arkon Dec 21st 2006 5:53 am

Originally Posted by rossifumi

No, they all do an excellent and far better job of it than I ever could without using a neutron bomb. A couple of days ago I visited another farm with a neighbour 10 miles away, almost every few seconds my neighbour was saying something like...Poor (insert name ending in O), the guy that lives there he's lost a (insert body part here) due to (insert malady here). Then at most junctions along the way were little white crosses, flowers or wreathes with memorials to people killed on the roads.

No they are way too good at it hence the need to replace the population with us imported gimboids.

rossifumi Dec 21st 2006 5:58 am

No, they all do an excellent and far better job of it than I ever could without using a neutron bomb. A couple of days ago I visited another farm with a neighbour 10 miles away, almost every few seconds my neighbour was saying something like...Poor (insert name ending in O), the guy that lives there he's lost a (insert body part here) due to (insert malady here). Then at most junctions along the way were little white crosses, flowers or wreathes with memorials to people killed on the roads.

No they are way too good at it hence the need to replace the population with us imported gimboids.

Gimboids. :D