The nice bits of England

Old Jul 24th 2007, 8:39 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The nice bits of England

Wheres the pics of the nice bits then

You dont honestly think them pics are scenic and nice do you
Old Jul 24th 2007, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

Shivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond repute

For gawd's sake Pete, bugger off back to the Spain forum.
Old Jul 24th 2007, 10:57 pm
Just Joined

Sue-Blue is a jewel in the roughSue-Blue is a jewel in the roughSue-Blue is a jewel in the roughSue-Blue is a jewel in the roughSue-Blue is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by R2D2
Just got back from a trip to the UK and thought I'd share a few pics with you all.

Although we are not packing up in Canada and heading back just yet, we haven't exactly ruled it out long term either. As anywhere, there are pro's and con's for both places, and would like to share some of the very pretty pro's with those of you hoping to be back in the UK one day.

Tarporley High Street, Tarporley, Cheshire.
Conwy Castle
Warwick Castle
Yeah Warick castles nice place., but not every place in Uk is like this. Why not take a drive about 50 miles or so to Birmingham and take a look at the lovely places there, especially Sparkbrook, and surounding areas. I think youd have a bit of a shock. Yes we can all find some lovely places in the Uk but the reality is the Uk is not like Heartbeat as everyone who lives in America thinks so. Lets face it tourists only go to tourist places in the Uk and so get a false impression of what the Uk is like. It;s like me going to to Disney land and thinking everywhere in America is like that. Lets get a grip on reality eh?
Old Jul 24th 2007, 10:59 pm
Forum Regular

Shivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond reputeShivster has a reputation beyond repute

We're not stupid, we have lived there before!

Every country in the world has nice bits and bad bits. I don't know where you're going in Spain but they've got a ton of drossy areas. If you don't want to live in England they have a marvellous system of government that makes living there entirely optional.
Old Jul 24th 2007, 11:24 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue-Blue
Yeah Warick castles nice place., but not every place in Uk is like this. Why not take a drive about 50 miles or so to Birmingham and take a look at the lovely places there, especially Sparkbrook, and surounding areas. I think youd have a bit of a shock. Yes we can all find some lovely places in the Uk but the reality is the Uk is not like Heartbeat as everyone who lives in America thinks so. Lets face it tourists only go to tourist places in the Uk and so get a false impression of what the Uk is like. It;s like me going to to Disney land and thinking everywhere in America is like that. Lets get a grip on reality eh?
FFS!! The title of the thread isn't "England is nice all over" It said "The nice bits of England" Just because we are expats, it doesn't mean we have forgotten all the shit places, or that we think it all looks like that.

Give the OP a break, all they wanted to do was share a few pics they took on holiday and I did likewise. Everytime someone posts a few nice pictures on this forum, there's always someone who's looking to leave the UK to shoot it downs in flames.
Old Jul 24th 2007, 11:35 pm
Open All Hours!

LeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Once again cos it's not that difficult to understand, this forum is called Moving BACK to the Uk. And for your information, noone in America knows WTF Heartbeat is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jul 24th 2007, 11:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by LeedsGirl
And for your information, noone in America knows WTF Heartbeat is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Took me a while to remember what that show was!
Old Jul 24th 2007, 11:42 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ladyofthelake
FFS!! The title of the thread isn't "England is nice all over" It said "The nice bits of England" Just because we are expats, it doesn't mean we have forgotten all the shit places, or that we think it all looks like that.

Give the OP a break, all they wanted to do was share a few pics they took on holiday and I did likewise. Everytime someone posts a few nice pictures on this forum, there's always someone who's looking to leave the UK to shoot it downs in flames.

totally agree with you...karma on it's way
Old Jul 24th 2007, 11:42 pm
Open All Hours!

LeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shivster
Took me a while to remember what that show was!
I honestly had no clue, I had to look it up. FFS, the show isn't even on tv here so I don't where the OP got the idea that all Americans think England is like Heartbeat, divvy!
Old Jul 24th 2007, 11:43 pm
Account Closed

hey sue-blue...do us a favour and close the door on your way out when leaving the uk
Old Jul 24th 2007, 11:44 pm
Open All Hours!

Originally Posted by TruBrit
hey sue-blue...do us a favour and close the door on your way out when leaving the uk
Karma on its way,
Old Jul 24th 2007, 11:45 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Come on please lets not argue amongst ourselves, this isn't being far to the OP who is only sharing his pics, (and very nice pictures they are too, thank you for sharing them with us)

Oh and just to play devils advocate, this pic is my local pub where I come from, and to my knowledge no tourists ever go there
Old Jul 24th 2007, 11:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TruBrit
Every expat I met in Spain has now moved back. Just sayin'
Old Jul 24th 2007, 11:47 pm
Open All Hours!

Originally Posted by Sue
Come on please lets not argue amongst ourselves, this isn't being far to the OP who is only sharing his pics, (and very nice pictures they are too, thank you for sharing them with us)

Oh and just to play devils advocate, this pic is my local pub where I come from, and to my knowledge no tourists ever go there

God, it's just like the pub in Heartbeat Sorry Sue. Looks absolutely gorgeous, where is it?
Old Jul 24th 2007, 11:56 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Shivster
Every expat I met in Spain has now moved back. Just sayin'
i know....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.